Beaglebuddy
Today I was able to hold the ashes and paw print of my super lovable beagle.  She past away only a couple of days ago and life has been very hard since. I didn't eat for about 3 days, barely drank anything, just laid on my couch watching whatever I could to help me move on. Holding the ashes and paw print today made me incredibly sad for a bit, but now I'm feeling much better than I have since everything happened. I think having the ashes around is helping more just knowing she is may not be here, but it feels like she is. It's the strangest feeling, but I feel her presence in a way. I'm hoping everyone can find a way to get past their grieving. Having the ashes and paw print have brought me a lot of comfort.  I wish you all the best of luck
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

Dear Beaglebuddy,

You wrote:

"It's the strangest feeling, but I feel her presence in a way."

I felt and feel the exact same thing. There was an energy around the ashes. When I first picked them up I was afraid to do so. I felt nothing on the walk there to get them at the Animal Hospital. When I picked up the ashes and began walking back to the warehouse where my cat "Marmalade" and I lived together, I felt a warm glow around them. It was one of the most bizarre feelings I have ever experienced in my life. Now mind you I was totally numb at the time. I wanted to pick-up the ashes, but I didn't want to at the same time. I felt nothing. And yet all of the sudden...as I was walking I felt joy and love emanating from the small white bag containing the cedar box of my friend, my son, my comrade in arm, my amigo's ashes. 

As I continued to walk the sun was shining, there was a slight breeze and I felt as if the box of ashes and I were almost glowing. A slight smile crossed my face. By the time I got home, the feeling was so, so strong that it felt as if I was going to levitate off of the ground. It was so strange as I was still calm, lucid and focused. Tears came to my eyes and I wept. Eventually the feeling dissipated. But to this day, all these months later, I speak to the ashes of my boy.

They say that all life on Earth is made up of Carbon. Which originated from exploded stars from 4.5 BILLION years ago. We are ALL made up of star stuff, as were our lost beloved's. Humans, animals, all life. So our little ones ashes are also made up of stars. What could be more fitting? More sacred? More holy? That our beloved's have returned to stardust? As they were like shooting stars in our lives for as long as we had the good fortune of knowing them.

I wish you peace, love and healing on your own personal journey through grief. May someday all that you think about, when your beloved beagle comes to mind, are only your fondest, most cherished, happiest and favorite memories of her.

Kind regards,
James
Quote 0 0
Beaglebuddy
Thank you, its starting to become easier to think more positively than focusing on her death.  I've already started talking to the ashes and it's brings me comfort each time. 
Quote 0 0
Milliemuppet
Hi Beaglebuddy, I am really glad that having her ashes has helped in some way. I am hoping to get Millie home next week. I am nervous about the whole process but now I just want to have her home with us. I feel I really need to have her back where she belongs. I don't think I can begin to move on until that happens 
Clare
Quote 0 0
Beaglebuddy
Having the ashes has helped me a lot. I get sad, but I'm not crying anymore because I know she's around, there's a happier feeling going through our home. I firmly believe her spirit, or soul is here with us now.  My daughter is smiling and she talks to the ashes.  It was a scary and sad experience getting ashes but once I got home I felt this incredible feeling of light hit me as if I just brought her home for the first time. Sorry to hear about your loss and I really hope my story gives you hope that you will get through this painful period.
Quote 0 0