MissingScooty Show full post »
SirRobyn0
For me pictures are a big YES.  I have never posted pictures of Lucy on the forums though I really should.  Lucy went to the Rainbow Bridge on 2-4-16, at first it was hard, and even still now sometimes I see her picture and think to myself oh god how I miss her.  How I wish I could run my fingers though her fir again.  But it is more and more remember her in positive way than as a loss.  Today I carry photos of her on my phone, my desktop on my laptop is a picture of her and I keep a picture book that is just of her.  I promised myself when she went to the bridge that I would never forget the way she looked, her spots, her ears ect.  Lucy was so expressive with her ears.   I know when the time is right I'll be meeting her up on the bridge, since it's going to be a long time keeping her close to me with pictures is helpful.  I also have bandanna that she use to wear around her neck, and a few of her favorite toys I have kept for myself.  I'm going to go though the rest of my life missing that girl, but pain has gotten more manageable as time has gone by, as it will for you too.
Lucy's dog Daddy forever.

It is better to have loved your fur baby, and lost him or her to the rainbow bridge than to have never loved at all, for we will meet again.

Quote 0 0
heartsick
Everyone is different. You will look at your pictures when you are able.

I am so very sorry for the loss of your sweet precious baby..

The beginning raw searing pain of new grief is just awful.   

They take a piece of us when they go,

But they leave a piece of them with us also.

Grief is awful and there is nothing else like this pain.

I am divorced - when I was married I buried my son- at that time I became a Certified Grief Counselor- I used the same graveside service for my Bear as I did for my son.

Please know that when we lose someone we love we don't stop loving them -

LOVE NEVER DIES.

The soul bound connection that is between our babies and ourselves is forever.

Nothing - not death- tears -grief - or sadness will ever break the ties between us for those ties are made of LOVE so strong that NOTHING will ever sever those connections.

LOVE NEVER DIES.

When we grieve for those we love it is because we do not quite know how to live without them. We breathe because we have no choice but the living part takes a huge amount of learning and time. We are living in a new place now and we need to figure out where everything is.

Grief is not something we get over but something that we learn -slowly- over time- to incorporate into our lives until it becomes a part of us like our bones and our breath. We learn to live with it.

Please know that we all understand here and we are all here for you.

Please come back and tell us more about your life with your beautiful baby so we can get to know him  better through you. 

We are all in this together and all walking the same roller coaster path of grief together -

some a bit ahead of you, some by your side, and some will come behind for you to help along.

If you read the beginning of any one of our threads you will see yourself. I, literally, walked in circles wringing my hands. My chest constantly hurt as I was unknowingly holding my breath.

You Are In My Thoughts.                                       

Susan(heartsick)  This is my Bear

Happy Bear and Mommy.jpg

Bunnies, Bear , and Daphne 5-7-2010 287.jpg 

Quote 1 0
Rosapalomino
My sweet girl just passed her over a month ago. :( I find that some some pics are too painful to look at right now, especially those taken at the end of her life. But I will save them for the future when the pain lessens. Hugs to you🤗. Your pic is adorable! 🧡
Quote 1 0
Stephanie50266
I said goodbye to my min schnauzer, Kipton, just over 3 months ago. I haven't been on this forum since a couple of weeks after he died but am here now because just yesterday I looked through pictures for the first time since losing him. It was HARD. Gosh I just miss him so much still!

Many pictures made me smile, though, and I was happy about that. I know you will get to that point as well. Until then just rely on your happy mental memories. :-)

Stephanie
Stephanie
Mommy to Kipton, 11/30/10 - 12/06/17
Quote 1 0