Allypup27
Hello everyone this is my first time participating in a message forum for pet loss and I put down my dog last Thursday so today marks the anniversary of her death and today I'm not doing so hot plus the fact I got my monthly and don't feel the greatest and I just want to talk about how people feel like it's so easy to just get another pet to replace the one that you had and to think that'll make me feel better when really I just need to heal and I need time but I've noticed that it's been a very common thing for people to say when discussing or showing sympathy about my loss
Quote 0 0
MuccasMom
Hi there.  A few days was the first time I posted as well.  We said good-bye last Friday and I have to say, I am not doing well - it was the most difficult thing I've had to do. 

I do think people mean well, but some just don't understand that these were our babies.  Even though they had four legs and fur, they love us and would anything for us.  Our bond with them is something so very special and can't simply be replaced.  We need time to heal.

I've had pups my whole life, but losing Mucca has ripped out my heart.  I can't imagine getting another pup until my heart is ready.  

Quote 0 0
Allypup27
Yes exactly and my heart isn't ready for a new friend yet and I don't know why people keep asking and even the people that have also lost pets in the past are asking me to which I find very confusing because you think they would understand and they say they understand so I don't know why they ask the things that they are.
I mean I've had fish die and I've had hamsters die.I had my dog for 15 years and it's just so mind-boggling that she's not there anymore
Quote 0 0
camunki
hi, was your girls name Ally? what beautiful pictures and I am so sorry for your loss. We all wish our pets could live longer than they do.

This is all new, only one week and yes you will have meltdowns and breakdowns that come out of nowhere as our pets hold such a close place in our heart, they are connected with every fiber in our body.

This forum is a great place to be, truly understanding people who know the connections that our pets have with us.

Take things one day at a time and please know you are not alone and my heart goes out to you.

Cam

Quote 0 0
Allypup27
Thank you so much for your very kind words and yeah her name was Ali and it's really hard and I've never had to deal with this before but just to get feedback from people is really helpful so thank you so much you're helping in my process of grieving
Quote 0 0
lizarose1
Today was one week for me as well. I had to put my diabetic dog down due to a serious bout of pancreatitis. I wish I could give you some wonderful healing strategies but I don't have any. I do empathize with your grief and tragic loss. When you lose the daily interaction and unconditional love it just leaves a hole in your heart. Find comfort in the fact that your pup is no longer in pain and in a better place. Think about the years of innocent joyful love that you received and do your best to cope each day. Another dog will not take the place of the dog that you lost but maybe someday when your heart heals you will be ready to bring another grateful dog into your life. My condolences to you on your loss. 

Lisa
Quote 0 0
exit30
So sorry for your loss Ally, everyone here has been there. The hole they leave in your life is huge, one that you feel will never be filled. The time it takes to find a new best friend is different for everyone, don't feel pressured by anyone, give yourself time to grieve, you will know when you are ready. 
Quote 0 0
Robsy
Hi, I am so sorry for your loss. Your Ali was absolutely gorgeous. I know what you mean about people asking when you're going to get another dog. My beautiful girl left me 7 months ago today and I'm still not ready for another dog. My heart is still mending so I'm hoping I'll know when it's time to love another dog again. Sending you hugs and healing wishes. Robyn
Quote 0 0
Conboy1976
Ladies, I completely understand.. My fiancee and i had to end our cat Bennie's suffering three days ago. We can't stop crying.. I feel so guilty for ending her life despite knowing letting her suffer wouldn't have been fair to her not to mention seeing her suffer tore us apart so its kind of a damn if you do damn if you don't situation.. Because we feel horrible for putting her to sleep although knowing it was for the best. Our home feels so empty without her. So i completely get where you are coming from.
Quote 0 0
LindaDwyer
when the time comes and you are ready for another pet don't feel that you are replacing your lost one, one does not replace another they just make new place all their own.  You will never truly get over loosing a pet, you just learn to live without it.  So grieve, do what you need to do to feel better and when you feel its right don't hesitate to give another deserving animal a home.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"
Quote 0 0
gizmomybaby
So sorry for your loss . My boy passed over 3 month ago and people have says that to me too but am the same I have to heal and ano people say it's an addition not a replacement but I just couldn't just now , ad feel I was betraying my boy , I use to get annoyed when people said that to me but I started to understand that they never really knew the bond I had with my boy he was like my own child x your ally is beutiful thinking of you x Annemarie
Quote 0 0
LuckyLouWho23
I’m so sorry for your loss. I wish that I could say that it gets easier. For me that is not the situation, but then everyone is different. It has been 4 months without Popcorn. I still feel responsible for what happened to him. I miss him so much. Once again I am sorry for your loss.
Quote 0 0
Camilla
You do need time to heal.  I lost 2 of my babies with in a month a part, one on 8/30/12 and the other on 9/24/12.  People told me to get another pet.  In October of that year I got me another baby.  Could not bond to him because I was not ready to free my other two.  In February I returned him and he did get another home.  I felt so bad because I was not ready emotionally to bond to another.  So take time and you will know when it is time to let go.  Today I have 2 more dogs that I love to pieces.  I still think of Kix and Upscale a lot but it is the memories that keep me going.
Camilla Taylor
Quote 0 0
crayfish_mourner
You need time to heal. I am sorry for your loss. Charizard died today and I can't stop crying. I already miss him so much. I feel so responsible for why he died. download.jpg 
LUCAS
Quote 0 0
jerigraehl
Ali was so pretty!!! There is no easy answer on how to handle a loss like this or when to adopt again. So many factors are involved. I went for 20 years after losing my first pet before getting another one. Then I lost two in one week and was so devestated I adopted within 6 weeks. But I only did that because I wanted a companion for a cat I was losing and had no idea I was going to lose that cat. I had reserved a Tonkinese kitten prior to his passing. I had a rescue and a Tonkinese because I love the breed. I am being objective here - the losses were and now are devestating. I am just responding to your saying you are advised by people to adopt again. It is doubtless unthinkable right now. And clearly Ali has some big paws to fill because she is clearly an exceptional dog. It is not like you can just go out and replace her. You have to fall sort of in love and it is too soon and you have not had enough time - plus you have not met the next pet and can't comprehend loving any animal right now. I am so very sorry. I am almost 3 months into my loss and I know how much pain you are in. Again, I am truely sorry and Ali was a beautiful dog. Thanks for sharing her pics with us. Jeri
jerigraehl
Quote 0 0