Sue_horn
Had to put my baby boy to sleep Jan 12 2018. He was a 17 yr old miniature pinchur and I loved him dearly. He had severe congestive heart failure. I miss him terribly.....i don't think I will ever stop missing him.
Quote 0 0
peachesdad
My Peaches passed away in my arms last Tuesday from the same terrible disease. She fought it for 10 months. Watching her slip away took a large part of me with her. We won't ever stop missing them. They put such large paw prints on our hearts but the memories we have can never be taken away.  
tim
Quote 0 0
Avabear
Sue, I am so so sorry, they leave such a massive, devastating whole that is fulled with nothing but pain when they leave us, just know he is no longer suffering and you gave him 17 years of love and happiness and the last act you did for him was your most selfless and hardest but done out of the love you had for him. xx
Avabears mummy

'It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them, and every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are.' Anon

Quote 0 0
PeppermintPatty
Oh dear. Your picture says it all. I am so sorry for your loss. You must have been such a good mom for him to have lived to be 17. Did you have him as a puppy?

The grief is excruciating. Welcome to the forum where we all can relate to your pain and suffering. It will be a roller coaster of emotions, but I pray that soon the flood of good memories of your time together will help soften the sadness you are feeling now.

Take care. May your baby boy rest in peace. 
Quote 0 0
Chinadoll
I lost both my dogs last year to congestive heart failure, one died on January 12 last year. It is a terrible disease, no cure, no reason, like all of you, all we could do was be make them as comfortable as possible. This bond is eternal, it will never end. I pray for peace and comfort on this difficult journey. Write your memories down, keep a journal of your days and weeks, speak to them when you can, their spirit will be close to you forever. In the end, you will be reunited again, forever. Blessings.
Charlie
Quote 0 0
kitkat1994
Hi i am sorry for your loss its really hard to lose a pet that you had a for a long time
shine your light down on me
Quote 0 0