jenglenn
Our nearly 9 yr old shiz zhu was mauled to death by 3 american bull mastiffs on 7/may/2015. I was there and witnessed the whole trauma! Nearly a year on I can't move on. I have had councilling but keep going back on myself. I just can't let go of the horrendous sights, smells and horror I witnessed! My husband has been a great support to me. I get days where I just want to cry constantly. I haven't had a nights sleep from it all happened. My hair has thinned due to falling out. My brain willNOT LET GO! We recently got another dog. He's fantastic so loving. I love him to bits, but I feel guilty for loving another. The law is no use as it was a dog on dog attack theres nothing to be done. Im simply heartbroken. Xx
Quote 0 0
JerseyNonna
jenglenn,  awww sweetie I feel your pain so clearly and I wish you had never had to witness or go through such a tragedy.  I understand how the law or police have no jurisdiction but what about the local animal control officer or aspca officers?  also if I were you i'd contact the humane society to let them know of the vicious attack.  hon, it's not simply a dog on dog attack and think the next victim of these 3 mastiffs could very well be a neighborhood child (I personally love mastiffs and most are extremely loving).  many of us here have suffered ptsd from the sudden passing of our companions and certainly I believe this is one reason you are stuck (along with the recollection of that day still being so vivid to you almost a year later.  perhaps you can't find peace because you can't get any authority to listen to you or help you concerning the fatal attack.   i'm sure your dearly loved shih tsu knew he was loved beyond words and gave you all his love in return and probably led this new one into your lives so you might be able to offer the love you freely gave to him to another who needs your love as much.  I wish I could give you some sort of peace.  please do not feel guilty for beginning to give your love to a new furbaby, it's what our loved companions want us to do.  try to talk to animal control, aspca or humane society about the attack since they have the authority to do what is needed with vicious dogs or just bad inattentive owners.  many many hugs and prayers to you.
JerseyNonna
Quote 0 0
Sadiesmom061308
Jenglenn,
I am so sorry for what you had to witness. I think jerseynonna is correct. I don't think you can move on because you can't get any justice from the authorities. Your baby knows you loved him. I would talk to animal control, the humane society as jerseynonna said. It sounds as if they could possibly kill again. What a horrible situation for you. I wish you some peace. We are all here for you. Talk often on the site. We are all going through grief at the loss of our babies. I hope you can find some comfort with your new fur baby. You love him and he loves you.
Tammy
Quote 0 0
jenglenn
Thankyou. Im am in northern ireland so its a dog warden that I deal with.They are doing all they can. It was all reported . I just feel justice wont be served. I will never get the outcome that i want i know in my heart. Its the grieve, its the worst. Our new dog is everything you could ask for. I love him so much and I know our other dog loved us and knew we loved him. He was taken so cruelly i will never ever forget that day! While the other people simply moved on immediately. Xxx
Quote 0 0
Evie123
Oh my poor sweetheart, what a horrific thing to happen! Words can't express how sorry I am, I am shaken to the core to read your post and so angry there has been no justice. They should not have been off the lead and the owner needs to be prosecuted. If it were a human who was the victim the authorities would take note then and next time it may well be. This is unbelievable! How can anyone get over what you have been through, it is hard enough when we say goodbye to our beloved friends in peaceful circumstances. All I can say is keep on pestering and get as much support as you can from anywhere to get justice. This won't bring your baby back but it may help to bring you some peace. I wish there was something I could do to help you my friend, I can't imagine how I would cope, it really is heartbreaking and so unfair. This should not have happened to you or your darling baby. Please don't feel guilty about giving your love to your new boy, they are all innocent souls and you are honouring the memory of your beloved's family. Bless you and as I believe in karma, you will find the peace and happiness you deserve and justice will be served on a very big plate! Sending you huge meaningful hugs and love jenglenn. Xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Quote 0 0
JerseyNonna
jenglenn,  try also to contact the ispca and their website is http://www.ispca.ie.  from what I read on their website they are similar to the aspca here in the states and sorry hon, I keep forgetting that this is a worldwide site so I will try to remember that in the future.  here, the aspca does extensive work with animal cruelty, abuse and situations as your own so I have to believe the ispca would do the same.  what needs to be stressed is that those 3 mastiffs have now killed and the owners must be held responsible.  you've come to a great place for comfort and support hon so hope in some way we are able to help you.  i'm here because my service dog roxie passed suddenly the evening after Christmas and gosh she helped me get through each and every day, alerted when I was about to have a panic attack, alerted if my blood pressure rose, helped me when my legs go numb and I fall, slept next to me so she could awake me if she had to and was my constant companion for 9 wonderful years.  had it not been for the wonderful folks here i'm quite sure I would never have gotten past the first month with sanity intact.  please keep us posted hon and we're all here for you.  many many hugs
JerseyNonna
Quote 0 0
ForCupcake
I just wish I could hug you right now in real life. I am so so deeply sorry for you. It is hard enough to lose a forever friend but the circumstances as to how you lost your boy are hauntingly awful. I will pray deeply for you and your family, I am truly so sorry. Love on your new dog as much as you can. I hope you get justice and closure. 
With Love,

Sierre B. 
Quote 0 0