Rosebud1966
I lost my lovely dog on Thursday, unexpectedly, we’d had her for just over 11 years. I am grief stricken, I knew I’d be sad when the day came but it’s hit me harder than I could imagine, I feel so low and lonely, I am not alone in the house but I miss her so much, any tips on how to cope with this??
Quote 0 0
Gmr
So sorry for your loss. Right now just allow yourself to cry and go through the grieving process. Some days will be harder than others. Take it hour by hour and day by day. If you have a support system talking about your feelings will help. Coming here will also help. We all have had a loss and understand totally what you may be feeling and going through. Hugs to you.
Quote 0 0
Rosebud1966
Thank you
Quote 0 0
mrcatsam
Rose, 

I'm so sorry for your loss. There is nothing I can say that will make what you are feeling any better right now. 
I always describe grief as coming in waves as wild as the ocean. One moment, the world may seem bright and beautiful, and the next you might just be bawling, and then it may start over again. You don't have to know when these moments will come, just know those are your own response to a very close member of your family. 

Condolences,

Samuel

Samuel
Quote 0 0
Rosebud1966
Thank you for kind words
Quote 0 0
Achilly
We said goodbye to our almost 12 year old dog Chance one month ago. Its heartbreaking!! Just allow yourself to feel what ever you fell. I took a few days off work and just cried. I still cry everyday, but also am able to laugh at times. It comes and goes. I just honor what my feelings are and don't hold back the tears.
I'm so sorry for your loss.
Quote 0 0
CK1991
Dear Rosebud, I’m so sorry for your loss! When you’re ready to share more about your dog we’re here for you. This forum is a great place to find support because we all understand the devastation of losing a beloved pet. Hugs to you! 
CK
Quote 0 0
bluegreen_eyes
so sorry for your loss 🙁
bluegreen_eyes
Quote 1 0
Rosebud1966
Thank you every one for all your kind words
Quote 0 0
codysmum102
Rosebud,
I know exactly how you feel. I lost my baby boy Cody 7 weeks ago and am still grieving. This loss hit me harder than any other loss in my life and I really don't know how to deal with it. I'm just limping along from day to day. Visiting the forum a lot, doing the candle light ceremony, trying to keep busy and crying off and on. It wasn't even this devistating for me when my parents passed. I am not alone either. My husband is grieving as well. He lost his mom 2 weeks after Cody passed and my cousin passed away last week. It has been a terrible year so far. But my husband and I agree that the loss if our boy was the worst of the 3. I don't think life will ever be the same. Hopefully just knowing you are not alone in your grief will help ease the sorrow somewhat.
Take care,
Julie
Julie 💔
"Grief only exists where love lived first."
--Franchesca Cox
Quote 0 0