Forum

Author   Comment  
LoriJean

Reply with quote  #1 
I can't believe I'm back here already.  We just lost Tucker in November. Finally decided, in March, to get a young cat, and on Friday the vet found a mass in her belly.  She's a baby for Pete's sake, 13 months old. WHY?  HOW?  

Between the horrible stress at work and this I'm going insane.  I still cry at the thought of my beloved Corgi, Tucker.  And now Perla our little kitty.  She's having a xray this morning to make sure she didn't eat something strange. But she is in so much pain after just a few nibbles of food that she either cries or just sits for long periods of time, this leads me to believe it's the mass.  

I actually drank alcohol this weekend, looking for something to take some of the pain away, it didn't work and made my tummy feel sick.  At least that's what i think did it.  I'm still sick to my stomach, it's probley more like stress

LoriJean

Reply with quote  #2 
she's gone. my sweet baby
bellasmum

Reply with quote  #3 
I'm so sorry to hear about Perla. It sounds as though she may have had some form of Lymphoma. My two and a half year old cat, Loki, had to be put to sleep three weeks ago with the same thing, except the tumour was in his bone marrow. Its so hard when they are so young and it's so hard to accept that they could have such a horrible disease at such a young age.

I was so concerned that I had done the wrong thing by having him put to sleep, I talked to the vet again just last night. He had spoken to me on the phone when the lymphoma was diagnosed, but after the initial 'It's not good news...', all I heard was 'blah,blah, blah...' We had him put to sleep at home in the garden the same day.

The vet told me that lymphoma affects young cats in lots of different ways and the tumours can be in different places. Loki's was in his bone marrow and he was probably a stage four lymphoma, or even higher. He probably wouldn't have survived further testing or chemo.

I don't know about you, but I had never heard of cancer in a young cat before Loki and I was shocked. It was the last thing I expected. Only 4 weeks earlier, he had been playing with the other cat and catching mice in the field. Just all seemed so cruel.

Like Pearla, Loki was brought home after our last cat was killed at 13 months old in Sept 2010. I couldn't believe I was back here again so soon. You have my every sympathy - I know the disbelief, pain and sorrow you are going through too well. Yours sounds very similar to my own story. Makes you realise you are really not alone.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.