winstonsmom12
As many of you know, I was fostering a 3yr old female Daschund for about 2 weeks.  Yesterday Arleen came and took her to her forever, adoptive parents home.  I was pretty darn sad to see her go.  But she called and told me Babys (her name) new parents are more than thrilled with her.  I told  Arleen to definately bring her right back to me if the adoption didn't work out. 

Its terrible, but a part of me hoped she would be bringing her back.  Is that bad of me?  I know Baby is in a good loving home with really good parents.  They changed her name to Roxie.  My own adopted little guy, Peanut seems a little down.  I think he misses her like I do.  They never really paid much attention to each other, but I can tell he misses her.

Arleen (owner of shelter) is keeping me busy though.  Sunday I will be fostering another male Daschund.  After he is adopted, she asked me to take in a 12 yr old female for long term foster.  Of course i agreed.  She said senior dogs aren't easy to place, which makes me think I may have her till she passes.  I want to make her as comfortable and loved as much as I can.  I still have so much left over love for my Winston, I have to share it. 

If anyone is thinking of fostering...to me it is very rewarding, and fills a void in my life.  I think Winston likes the idea of his mommy not being lonely.  I love you Winston and my little Max   Mommy XOXOXO
Susan
Quote 0 0
elliemeewiz
That's great Susan that you will have a new foster soon and Baby is doing well... I think Peanut misses her, it is hard on them too prolly to say goodbye even if they're not close. I think Wiz went through a depression when Ari went to the cages, he loved him so much and was his mom while he was with us. Ari was a support to Wiz because at that time he was new the household and Syb pretty much couldn't stand him- I can never figure that out because Wiz is the most agreeable loving cat.   It's not bad of you at all.. you loved her too and it's natural to want her back. That is great you're able to share all your love and help them. <3 
My beloved sweet Tess August 1999 - February 21 2001
My beloved loyal Byron March 1998 - April 28 2008
My sweet beloved girlie Angelina April 2001- September 2012
Me & my sweet beloved Wizberry forever 1998- April 21, 2016
My sweet beloved Snow Goddess Sybil girlie April 2001- May 11,2018
Quote 0 0
CKMP
Susan - you are a guardian angel.  Your care and devotion is so admirable.  I know I would be unable to let any pup go  - and I can tell from your words and thoughts every pup you take in you secretly harbour a wish for them to stay forever with you and Peanut.  Peanut probably does miss the presence of another - I know my girl has days where she is sad, sleeps a lot and looks for her sister still.  It breaks my heart.  Congratulations on your new arrival - how exciting for you and Peanut.  Winston has to be proud - but he knew all along his Mom was a great caregiver and would give her love to those in need!  That's why he picked you!
Quote 0 0
winstonsmom12
Thank you CKMP.  I still have so much love left to give any animal in need.  I pray my Winston is proud of me.  All this love I have left over was meant for him.  I'm more than happy to share it.  I love you Winston  XOXOXO
Susan
Quote 0 0
Eddiesmom
He is VERY proud of you and those are some lucky dogs that find their way to you.
Sue E
Quote 0 0
JerseyNonna
susan, you've done a wonderful act of love opening your home to a foster and i'm sure peanut is missing her.  in all honesty I give you so much credit for opening your home and heart to foster when I know I could never face giving one up.  however, have to say that "roxie" is a great name, lol, but then I might be just a wee bit partial there.  Winston must be at the bridge telling all our loved friends how darned proud he is of his mama!  many many hugs to you sweetie
JerseyNonna
Quote 0 0
winstonsmom12

Thanks all for your encouraging words.  They mean a lot to me.  I want to give my reserved love I had for Winston to these needy babies.  Wish me luck

Susan
Quote 0 0
Teesabell
You are such a wonderful mom to foster pups! Curious how long you waited after Winston crossed the bridge to consider fostering. I know I'm not ready yet considering my Cookie has only been gone two weeks and I'm still a hot mess but feel like you do I want to help other pups have a loving home instead of a shelter. Thank you for sharing!

Terri
Terri
Quote 0 0