winstonsmom12
Hi All  Wanted to give all of you an update on my Foster baby.  He is a 10 lb Chiuaha named Peanut.  He really is a good little boy. Very energetic, loves to eat and run.  He usually lays on the couch most of the day on my Pink fleece bathrobe (which he adopted) lol.  He's learning to jump up and down the back stairs when I take him out to relieve himself.

All my Grandkids absolutely love him, and he is very good with them.  My oldest daughter has fallen in love with him.  She wants to adopt him, but she has 3 cats. Everyone in the neighborhood loves him too. They still ask about Winston, and give me their condolences.  One of my neighbors saw me in the yard with him and said "did Winston shrink?"  That made me a little mad, but I didn't say anything.

I'm getting pretty fond of him myself, but I am undecided wether to adopt him.  I just don't have the same feelings as i did for My Baby! When he is adopted, I will be sorry to see him go.  I am undecided wether I want to adopt him or not.  If I do I would still like to Foster another needy Baby.  Any suggestions or thoughts on this?   I LOVE you Winston and Max XOXOXO  Mommy
Susan
Quote 0 0
jimmy17
Hi Susan - Peanut sounds a great little dog. and although you`ll never have the same feelings that you did for Winston, if you did decide to adopt him, you would begin to have new and different feelings for Peanut.  He sounds like he`s already made his mark on your family, as if he`s doing his very best to persuade you to let him stay!  I think what you`re doing is lovely, and wish you good luck with your decision.

Hugs, Jackie
J Taylor
Quote 0 0
Sadiesmom061308
Sue,
Peanut sounds like a cutey. I am glad you have him. I agree with Jackie. I think he is doing his best to convince you to let him stay. I know the decision is hard. Whatever you decide will be the right thing for your family. You will always love and miss Winston. I feel you still have a lot of love to give as you are so kind to foster needy babies.
Wishing you peace and healing
Tammy
Quote 0 0
winstonsmom12
Thanks for your replys  I feel I want to give myself  more of a chance to foster other babies.  There may be one out there that really captures my heart.  Plus, I want to continue to Foster.  And of course, money is the other obstacle.  Maybe in time, if I still have peanut to foster I may foster another.  I really love the idea of helping  these furbabies until they find a permanent, loving home. I will let my heart decide for me.
Susan
Quote 0 0
Eddiesmom
Bless your heart for doing this:)  I think you should adopt him.  But it sounds like there are many who may want to adopt him so even if you don't he will get a new home and that is such a great blessing that you had a part in.  Winston would be so happy you are helping other dogs in need.  

I have found, having BIG dogs and cats that the CATS always end up ruling!!  It's so funny to see a big 105lb dog get scared of a little cat;)
Sue E
Quote 0 0
Bailey15
Hi Susan,
How nice to read your update! I think what you are dog is amazing! These rescue animals do need foster homes and I honestly don't think I could do it so I always admire people who provide this essential service. How long will you have Peanut? It would be nice to have some time to decide.... Good luck with your decision! Either way Peanut was lucky to have you in his life!
MJ :)
Quote 0 0
winstonsmom12
MJ  I am not positive how long I will have Peanut.  It has been 2 1/2 weeks now.  He really is a good boy.  I'm going to try to put a pic on the forum, when my daughter comes over with her camera and cable wire.  To tell you all the truth, I probably will end up adopting him ;).

I still plan to do more fostering even if i do adopt him.  My heart aches at all the poor animals who need love and attention.  I still have a lot left over I was not able to give my Baby Winston :(
Susan
Quote 0 0
Bailey15
Oh, Susan, that is so exciting!! You really do have so much love to give and if your heart is open to it, I think it is wonderful! As Jackie said, it will not be the same as Winston but you will still love Peanut in a different way. I didn't like to say this before but I was really hoping you would keep him because he will be one lucky little dog! It will never take away from your love for Winston and I truly believe that Winston would be so happy to see his mom find some happiness! And you can still do some fostering.
Please keep us posted. Fingers crossed!
MJ XX
Quote 0 0
Bellas_mom
Susan,

Thank you for fostering!  As a foster mom for kittens, I can share my experiences.  I have fostered many kittens over the last few years and have wanted to keep most of them.  I treat each and every kitten as my own and cry every time I return them for adoption.  I have cried even when I found them homes even though I was happy to place them.  It can be very hard letting them go, but knowing they are ready for furrever homes and there will be many more that need the same start in life makes me want to continue fostering.  Some fosters do end up adopting and often they can no longer foster because their little one is not accepting of new babies, and sometimes their house is full and they cannot take in more.

I was very lucky when Bella came to me as a long term foster.  I ended up adopting her.  She was so good with all the kittens we fostered since I took her in.  She helped care for 40 kittens and loved each and every one.  She was unique as most kitties would not be as accepting.  She had a huge, sensitive heart even though her heart was not healthy.  Perhaps Peanut will be as welcoming to other dogs that need to be fostered.  I know that Bella taught the kittens so much and they all loved her back.  When I returned the kittens, I always noted they were in a home with an adult kitty, which sometimes can help with their adoption if there is a family that is looking to add to their furry babies.  They know they will easily accept another cat in the house.

If you feel that you want to adopt Peanut, follow your heart and do so.  No one will ever replace Winston, but there is room in your heart to love again.  If you can find him a home where you can visit every now and then, that would be perfect.  If you decide to return him for adoption, you should feel good about the care you gave him, helping to prepare him for his furrever home.  It will be very difficult but just remember, there will be many more that will need the same care as you are giving Peanut.  If you decide to adopt and continue fostering, you'll have the best of both worlds.

Thank you for all you are doing.

Bella's Mom 
Quote 0 0
Baumert81
I admire you for what you are doing. If I fostered any dogs I would never be able to let them go. I would end up with 100 dogs in my house :).
Hogans Daddy
Quote 0 0