Chibi Show full post »
Beaglemomma
Jeri I am so sorry you can't share your grief with your husband.  Fortunately my husband is as brokenhearted as I am over our loss of Molly------that didn't quite come out right, but you get it.  We are not close about much of anything else but we both loved Molly.  I will check out your Memorial.  I can't bring myself to do that for Molly just yet for some reason.  Need more time maybe to get it just right in my head.  Sounds like you have moved to a new level of some sort of "acceptance".
janice
Quote 0 0
Chibi
On my morning walk home today, I said hello to the neighbor on the corner who used to have 2 Schnauzers.  I knew that they lost one, the wife's dog, about 3 or 4 years ago and they apparently lost the other one some time last year.  I don't know the names of either the pets or their parents but I knew that in happier times, their 2 dogs would bark their heads off whenever my 3 dogs and I dared to walk on their sidewalk!  

The husband was standing outside in the cold without a jacket on, checking out the re-siding job on his house. He looked at me and asked the dreaded question:  "Where's your dogs today?"  I started to explain but felt my voice starting to break up.  Right then his wife pulled up in her car and I knew she was going to ask me the same thing. The wife commented on hearing my tearful story that she had seen me walking without my little friends and wondered where they were at which I burst out crying uncontrollably.  "Oh, honey, I'm sorry, you need a good hug!" she said with an understanding, kind smile.

I still don't know their names but I really appreciated their comforting words, however brief, and sympathetic touch.  I connected with someone who totally understood what I'd gone through and am currently going through.  The husband, now visibly shivering in the cold, offered, "Isn't it amazing, how something this small, can take over your home and your heart, just like that?  We loved our dogs so much and miss them something crazy!"  I nodded my head in agreement, mumbled  a few words of thanks, and made my way back home.  
Jeri
Quote 0 0
Beaglemomma
Exactly the same thing is happening to me.  I think I am ok and then WOW, someone or something sets me off.  You are not alone Jeri.  I know that doesn't help much.  I am NOT doing well at all.
janice
Quote 0 0
Graceful
Your neighbors sound like kindred spirits; even though you don't know them very well, you learned, through this brief, yet meaningful interaction, that they do understand and identify with the loss of a pet and truly felt your pain along with you.    

What we look for in our lowest moments, is comfort, plain and simple, and the offering of kindness and comfort, no matter how brief, should never be underestimated in terms of its impact.  

I hope you are walking strong, Jeri; I know it's not easy, but with each day and each walk, you bring honor to Chibi's memory, and I know that is what propels you to carry on.   I am attaching a likeness of the card I mentioned that I received from a friend.  It's actually a painting, the title of which is 'Song of Faith' -- I hope you like it.  
Please have a peaceful, warm weekend, with Chibi's presence by your side.  
Thank you for the note, also; your words are so beautiful.  :)
Grace xox

Dai1.jpg 

Chibi wrote:
On my morning walk home today, I said hello to the neighbor on the corner who used to have 2 Schnauzers.  I knew that they lost one, the wife's dog, about 3 or 4 years ago and they apparently lost the other one some time last year.  I don't know the names of either the pets or their parents but I knew that in happier times, their 2 dogs would bark their heads off whenever my 3 dogs and I dared to walk on their sidewalk!  

The husband was standing outside in the cold without a jacket on, checking out the re-siding job on his house. He looked at me and asked the dreaded question:  "Where's your dogs today?"  I started to explain but felt my voice starting to break up.  Right then his wife pulled up in her car and I knew she was going to ask me the same thing. The wife commented on hearing my tearful story that she had seen me walking without my little friends and wondered where they were at which I burst out crying uncontrollably.  "Oh, honey, I'm sorry, you need a good hug!" she said with an understanding, kind smile.

I still don't know their names but I really appreciated their comforting words, however brief, and sympathetic touch.  I connected with someone who totally understood what I'd gone through and am currently going through.  The husband, now visibly shivering in the cold, offered, "Isn't it amazing, how something this small, can take over your home and your heart, just like that?  We loved our dogs so much and miss them something crazy!"  I nodded my head in agreement, mumbled  a few words of thanks, and made my way back home.  

"Now that the time has come
 Soon gone is the day,
 There upon some distant shore
 You will hear me say,
 Long as the day in the summer time
 Deep as the wine-dark sea,
 I'll keep your heart with mine
 Till you come to me"  (LM)

Quote 0 0