crazy_dog_lady
I just had my sweet old dog put to rest a few hours ago and I am destroyed. :-(
The vet ordered me a paw print to be delivered along with the cremains. Do any of you have these paw prints? I got one for my last dog who died and it helps me to feel close to her when I look at it and caress it.

BTW, I'm new here. Hi to all.
Quote 0 0
MurphysMom_0831

crazy_dog_lady wrote:
I just had my sweet old dog put to rest a few hours ago and I am destroyed. :-(
The vet ordered me a paw print to be delivered along with the cremains. Do any of you have these paw prints? I got one for my last dog who died and it helps me to feel close to her when I look at it and caress it.

BTW, I'm new here. Hi to all.


I'm so sorry for the loss of your precious dog. What was his or her name and what breed? We love to hear about and see pictures of who our furbabies are playing with at the Rainbow Bridge. My Murphy had to be put to sleep on June 18 and the pain is still as fresh today as it was then. I'm sure he welcomed your dog to the Bridge and will introduce him or her to everyone and keep your dog company with lots of play.

Unfortunately, neither the animal hospital nor the pet crematory got his paw print. Last Christmas I had planned to order a kit so I could do it myself and completely forgot. It has made me very sad. Last night I ordered a beautiful gold dog tag necklace with the photo of him I have in my avatar on the front and an engraved tribute to him on the back along with two engraved rings. About 2 months ago I found a website where I could design a blanket with his photos on it and it turned out just beautiful. A friend of mine gave me a paw print necklace into which I put a lock of his hair. I'll do anything to keep him close.

Welcome to the forum. You are among friends who truly understand.
Blessings,
Murphy's Mom (Kathryn)

"Sometimes there is a dog who is so special, he is able to wrap himself so completely around your heart it is impossible to tell where you begin and he ends."  For My Beloved Murphy, 08/31/2004 - 06/18/2014


http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/MURPH121/Resident.htm


http://s327.photobucket.com/user/kathrynbrown1626/library/?sort=6&page=1
Quote 0 0
Nubsmom
I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my sweet cat Nub on May 5. After her diagnosis of a saddle thrombosis, I agreed to treatment, not understanding the severity of the situation. When I returned home and began researching it, I realized treatment would be pointless, especially at her age (11). I called the vet and asked a few questions and she confirmed my worst fears. It was then that I made the decision to let her go. I told her that I would be heading back to say goodbye to my girl and asked if they could make a paw print. It was done before I even got there and has been a great source of comfort for me these last 5 months.

My thoughts to you and your furbaby. We would love to hear more about her.

Amy - Nubsmom
Quote 0 0
Katel
I am so sorry you lost your sweet old dog.   It is truly heartbreaking and my heart goes out to you.  I am glad you have the
pawprint. and can imagine how it comforts you.     As far as i know in Australia they don't do that but i wish they did.  i wish so much I had pawprints of my gone loved ones.
Later on you might like to post a photo of your precious dog and tell us its name?
My thoughts for healing are with you,

Blessings
Kate 
 
Quote 0 0
crazy_dog_lady
MurphysMom_0831 wrote:

crazy_dog_lady wrote:
I just had my sweet old dog put to rest a few hours ago and I am destroyed. :-(
The vet ordered me a paw print to be delivered along with the cremains. Do any of you have these paw prints? I got one for my last dog who died and it helps me to feel close to her when I look at it and caress it.

BTW, I'm new here. Hi to all.


I'm so sorry for the loss of your precious dog. What was his or her name and what breed? We love to hear about and see pictures of who our furbabies are playing with at the Rainbow Bridge. My Murphy had to be put to sleep on June 18 and the pain is still as fresh today as it was then. I'm sure he welcomed your dog to the Bridge and will introduce him or her to everyone and keep your dog company with lots of play.

Unfortunately, neither the animal hospital nor the pet crematory got his paw print. Last Christmas I had planned to order a kit so I could do it myself and completely forgot. It has made me very sad. Last night I ordered a beautiful gold dog tag necklace with the photo of him I have in my avatar on the front and an engraved tribute to him on the back along with two engraved rings. About 2 months ago I found a website where I could design a blanket with his photos on it and it turned out just beautiful. A friend of mine gave me a paw print necklace into which I put a lock of his hair. I'll do anything to keep him close.

Welcome to the forum. You are among friends who truly understand.
Blessings,
Murphy's Mom (Kathryn)



Thank you. His name was Baboo and he was a small mixed breed rescue. We were never sure how old he was.

Murphy's photo is very beautiful and he looks so loving. I'm sad for you that you didn't get his print. But at least you have that lock of hair and all your wonderful memories of him. I like the sound of the blanket and necklace, too. I was thinking of having a mug with Baboo's photo made. Then I could see him every morning when I have my my cup of tea.
Quote 0 0
crazy_dog_lady
Nubsmom wrote:
I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my sweet cat Nub on May 5. After her diagnosis of a saddle thrombosis, I agreed to treatment, not understanding the severity of the situation. When I returned home and began researching it, I realized treatment would be pointless, especially at her age (11). I called the vet and asked a few questions and she confirmed my worst fears. It was then that I made the decision to let her go. I told her that I would be heading back to say goodbye to my girl and asked if they could make a paw print. It was done before I even got there and has been a great source of comfort for me these last 5 months. My thoughts to you and your furbaby. We would love to hear more about her. Amy - Nubsmom


My condolences for your dear cat. Is saddle thrombosis some kind of blood clot? It's heart wrenching to see a sick animal suffering, isn't it. They don't understand what's going on, but I think they know when the end is near.

I didn't know vet offices made paw prints. I've had mine made by the folks at the crematorium. They charge $40.00 for it. It's in clay and they make a hole in the top and string a ribbon through it so you can wear it around your neck, then put it in a little silk bag.
Quote 0 0
crazy_dog_lady
Katel wrote:
I am so sorry you lost your sweet old dog.   It is truly heartbreaking and my heart goes out to you.  I am glad you have the
pawprint. and can imagine how it comforts you.     As far as i know in Australia they don't do that but i wish they did.  i wish so much I had pawprints of my gone loved ones.
Later on you might like to post a photo of your precious dog and tell us its name?
My thoughts for healing are with you,

Blessings
Kate 
 


Thanks and I'm sorry you couldn't get a paw print made. I wonder why they don't do that. I guess you could make one yourself with any pets you have now and in the future. Just go to a hobby shop for the moulding clay. Flatten a wet piece of clay out and press the paw into it, then let dry.

I'll post a photo of my boy Baboo when I get the pics uploaded. Also my other dog who passed a few years ago, Daisy.
Quote 0 0
ImissSherby
I am sorry for your loss of Baboo. I also got my Sherby`s little paw print and love having it. Little momentos are so important.
If love alone could have kept your here, you would have been here forever.
Quote 0 0
Katel


Thanks and I'm sorry you couldn't get a paw print made. I wonder why they don't do that. I guess you could make one yourself with any pets you have now and in the future. Just go to a hobby shop for the moulding clay. Flatten a wet piece of clay out and press the paw into it, then let dry.

I'll post a photo of my boy Baboo when I get the pics uploaded. Also my other dog who passed a few years ago, Daisy.


Thanks for telling me how to do it as my little Danny dog is dying and I'd like to get his 
pawprint. 
I'm looking forward to seeing pics of your precious Baboo,  and also Daisy.

Blessings,
Kate 
Quote 0 0