Kristapie73
Recently, I just lost my companion to kidney failure.. He was sick Wednesday we took to the vet the next day.. but after couple days he was declining. We took back on Saturday to do blood work n came kidney failure from adrenal insufficiency. We had no idea he was getting really sick on us. The last few days been hard I have 2 other cats plus a dog grieving for their brother cat. How do I help them?
Quote 0 0
Sil
Kristapie73,

I am very sorry for your loss of your beloved cat.  My heart breaks for your grief, and because it is really painful to see your beloved pet's siblings grieving for their brother.
Perhaps, trying to spend as much time as you can in their company, offer them unlimited belly rubs, pet them until they purr, buy them special treats.  Hugs
Quote 0 0
Tankie12
I wept with my Tankie’s sibling, often. She grieved, I let her feel my grief, as well. And I spoke her name often, still do. We have no other way to explain to them the loss they feel but through feelings. Their are other thoughts on what’s best, how to conduct yourself. I’ve heard the complete opposite. That it’s best to grieve in private so you don’t upset them. But I grieve, I’m in pain and I Know they r as well and it must be extremely confusing to never know why. Follow your heart, your (((inner voice))) you’ll know Your best way. Be good to you,,,,,
Lynn, Tankie’s mom, forever
Quote 0 0