Valley_hughes
Hello everyone. I’m sorry for posting so much. You have all made me feel so loved and cared for and have been a big part of me being able to function. I wanted to share with you all the little shelf I set aside for Peanut today. I cried the whole time but it was so therapeutic. I lit a candle and talked to him as well, which many of you suggested to help with the pain. I am so grateful for all of you.
Quote 0 0
Rookiesmama
That's so beautiful!
Quote 0 0
Valley_hughes
Rookiesmama wrote:
That's so beautiful!

Thank you! It brought me a small amount of comfort today.
Quote 0 0
Tankie12
That is so sweet Valerie! I really like it and I think it’s wonderful for your little one also. This will help him so much🐾
Yes! Talk to Peanut that sweet soul hears you, just close your eyes and let his love surround you just like he always has but in spirit now. That’s all we are, spirit/soul surrounded by a body. His precious body is gone but the essence of all he is exists. He’s your baby and that spiritual bond can’t be broke, it’s real as real as your bond and love for your child. Maybe your son would like to make something to go in the shelf? Or maybe he helped?
Thank you so much for sharing that is so comforting and thoughtful,,,,,
Lynn, Tankie’s mom, forever
Quote 0 0
Purzel
Valerie,

I read all your posts here and can only say that I am so so sorry you lost your sweet little Peanut, my heart goes out to you. The pictures you posted showed so much love and care, Peanut had a wonderful life and was truly loved and cared for. Unfortunately, we are never prepared to lose our beloved ones, I wasn't either. I post here in this post because you put up such a wonderful place for Peanut, I looked at it and felt comforted so I can only imagine how much it must comfort you in all your grief that you feel right now. It is a place to sit, to think, to feel the good memories of a long and joyful life, and a place to shed your tears.

Please accept my heartfelt condolences
Silvia (with Max forever in my heart)

[hundi]

Quote 0 0
Tankie12
Valerie I know several days in things begin to feel even worse. The pain amplifies as the memories and thoughts keep escalating in your mind. Please keep writing and coming back with more pictures and stories. I’d love to hear and see more❣️,,,,,
Lynn, Tankie’s mom, forever
Quote 0 0
Valley_hughes
Rookiesmama wrote:
That's so beautiful!

Thank you. It has really helped me to be able to look over and see his face and to know that he can see how loved he was.
Quote 0 0
Valley_hughes
Tankie12 wrote:
That is so sweet Valerie! I really like it and I think it’s wonderful for your little one also. This will help him so much🐾
Yes! Talk to Peanut that sweet soul hears you, just close your eyes and let his love surround you just like he always has but in spirit now. That’s all we are, spirit/soul surrounded by a body. His precious body is gone but the essence of all he is exists. He’s your baby and that spiritual bond can’t be broke, it’s real as real as your bond and love for your child. Maybe your son would like to make something to go in the shelf? Or maybe he helped?
Thank you so much for sharing that is so comforting and thoughtful,,,,,

Thank you for your thoughtful comment. I have been writing him letters everyday and I am hoping my kids will write to him one night as well. They aren’t fortunate enough to remember when he was young and active but I keep showing them pictures and videos as they come up on our amazon drive.
Quote 0 0
Valley_hughes
Tankie12 wrote:
Valerie I know several days in things begin to feel even worse. The pain amplifies as the memories and thoughts keep escalating in your mind. Please keep writing and coming back with more pictures and stories. I’d love to hear and see more❣️,,,,,

I am going through all of my pictures the next few days and I will definitely post some. It’s so bittersweet to look at them but it also makes my heart smile to see when he was young and fiery. Today has been okay so far but the sadness amplifies at night. I hope you are doing well.
Quote 0 0
Valley_hughes
Purzel wrote:
Valerie,

I read all your posts here and can only say that I am so so sorry you lost your sweet little Peanut, my heart goes out to you. The pictures you posted showed so much love and care, Peanut had a wonderful life and was truly loved and cared for. Unfortunately, we are never prepared to lose our beloved ones, I wasn't either. I post here in this post because you put up such a wonderful place for Peanut, I looked at it and felt comforted so I can only imagine how much it must comfort you in all your grief that you feel right now. It is a place to sit, to think, to feel the good memories of a long and joyful life, and a place to shed your tears.

Please accept my heartfelt condolences

Thank you so much for your kind comment. I do feel better being able to look over and see his pictures and his little paw print. I don’t know if the pain will ever go away but it comforts me that he’s still in my heart and mind and that I am able to share him with all of the kind people like you on here. Blessings to you.
Quote 0 0
Millie18
What a loving memorial. I have Millie's pictures everywhere. In my car as well. That way I can talk to her wherever I am. It helps me not feel so disconnected from her

I hope the memorial and pictures remind you of all the good times you had with your sweet little Peanut <3
Diana

Mom to Millie, Roman, Snoopy & step sister to O'Boy
Quote 0 0
Ginger4256
I love it.  I have Boo's pictures all over the house as well as a shelf with special memorial things.  Talk to her.  She hears you.   Heart.png 
Boo' s mommy
Quote 0 0
Valley_hughes
Millie18 wrote:
What a loving memorial. I have Millie's pictures everywhere. In my car as well. That way I can talk to her wherever I am. It helps me not feel so disconnected from her

I hope the memorial and pictures remind you of all the good times you had with your sweet little Peanut <3

In the car is a great idea! I love walking by his shelf and talking to him. I cry when I do but it still makes me feel better.
Quote 0 0
Millie18
Millie is attached to my driver's side visor, the other 3 are on the passenger visor. I tell them when we're going "bye bye". Millie will be excited about going to nose work in the morning. I have to talk to them or else I would completely lose my mind!
Diana

Mom to Millie, Roman, Snoopy & step sister to O'Boy
Quote 0 0
Valley_hughes
Millie18 wrote:
Millie is attached to my driver's side visor, the other 3 are on the passenger visor. I tell them when we're going "bye bye". Millie will be excited about going to nose work in the morning. I have to talk to them or else I would completely lose my mind!

I don’t blame you at all. Keeping a routine while you heal is so important and a big part of the process! I’m gonna have to put Peanut on my visor and tell him that we are going to see his friend Chester.
Quote 0 0