Forum

Author   Comment   Page 6 of 176     «   Prev   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   Next   »
joeslepski

Reply with quote  #76 
Hi Lee:
I hope that Kathie's sister is staring to feel better. I do not usually get migraines that bad, but I think deep down my first holiday without Pal had something to do with that. I remember last Christmas, he was not doing well and that was the first time I thought that the end was coming near, so that too was not a happy holiday. Personally, I am not too big on holidays. Anyways, I hope Kathie's sister is starting to feel better and I hope you, as well as me, are able to get through the upcoming holiday season without feeling too much sadness over the loss of our beloved Hannah and Pal

Joe

Reply with quote  #77 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeslepski
Hi Lee:
I hope that Kathie's sister is staring to feel better. I do not usually get migraines that bad, but I think deep down my first holiday without Pal had something to do with that. I remember last Christmas, he was not doing well and that was the first time I thought that the end was coming near, so that too was not a happy holiday. Personally, I am not too big on holidays. Anyways, I hope Kathie's sister is starting to feel better and I hope you, as well as me, are able to get through the upcoming holiday season without feeling too much sadness over the loss of our beloved Hannah and Pal

Joe

Thanks Joe.  How is Taz doing?

Take care of yourself.

Fragile Circle

"We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more temporary than our own, live within a fragile circle, easily and often breached.
Unable to accept its awful gaps, we still would live no other way.
We cherish memory as the only certain immortality,
never fully understanding the necessary plan."

joeslepski

Reply with quote  #78 
Taz is doing good. There are times he looks up at me and I can see the love in his eyes. Other times he does not want me around. It takes awhile. Every couple of weeks we drive up to Massachussets to visit his former human parent. It is hard to do that but if I was Taz, I would want someone to do such a thing for me

Reply with quote  #79 
To My Best Friend Pal:
This was the first Thanksgiving without you. Since 1998 you were here for every holiday. Deep down I dreaded to see the day come. I ended up sick for two days with a migraine. I was actually glad to be sick because without you around there is nothing to celebrate. You would love the holidays especially when I would give you food. There were a couple of times I overfed you and you got a stomach aches, but I don't think you minded. The lights are starting to go up. I used to think Christmas lights were so pretty but now everything is dark to me. I miss you so much. I go to bed every night praying that I do not wake up to another day without you. Strange as it seems, I look forward to dying now because that means I can be with my lovable, best friend again. You will always be my one, true friend. I will love you always.

Joe

Reply with quote  #80 
To My Dearest Friend Pal:
Christmas is only a couple of weeks away. I am not in a mood to celebrate the holidays without you around. You made Christmas and every other day so enjoyable. I miss you so much. Life is dreadful now. There is no more happiness, just sorrow. I go through each day not caring about anything. The only good thing is with each passing day, I am one day closer to being with you. I was never particularly religious before but I in believe because that belief makes me feel we will be together again some day and that you are not alone now. Take care Pal and never forget that I will always love you.

Joe

Reply with quote  #81 
To My Beloved Pal:
The Christmas decorations are up but I cannot celebrate without you in my life. You loved the holidays. Now there is no meaning to anything anymore. I just go on without any happiness. There is not a moment when you are not on my mind. It does not get any easier. I pray every day that I will not live to see another day but the next day always comes. How I wish I had the guts to join you but I do not have the courage. I hope you are at peace and out of pain and I cannot wait to join you at the Rainbow Bridge. I will always love you.

Joe

Reply with quote  #82 
Quote:
To My Beloved Pal:
The Christmas decorations are up but I cannot celebrate without you in my life. You loved the holidays. Now there is no meaning to anything anymore. I just go on without any happiness. There is not a moment when you are not on my mind. It does not get any easier. I pray every day that I will not live to see another day but the next day always comes. How I wish I had the guts to join you but I do not have the courage. I hope you are at peace and out of pain and I cannot wait to join you at the Rainbow Bridge. I will always love you.

Joe

Joe,

I don't believe Pal would want you to pray that you will die tomorrow.  Pal's legacy of love is wrapped up in your little Taz, and I'm convinced Pal would want you to give Taz a great life like his before you join him over Rainbow Bridge.

After going through 39 Christmas and Thanksgiving holidays without my parents, I fully appreciate that these holidays are emotionally tough when your loved one(s) are no longer with you to celebrate.  So I understand the depression and sadness associated with holidays.  Kathie and I dodged an emotional bullet at Thanksgiving because we were so concerned about Kathie's sister, who was in the hospital.  We always gave our beautiful Hannah a real Thanksgiving dinner...turkey, some mashed potatoes (organic, of course) and usually some green peas.  She loved it, and she would come to the table after she finished looking for meat treats from every family member.  The same thing happened at Christmas, so Kathie and I have some sad times ahead missing Hannah's joy while she devoured her turkey dinners.  We are trying our best to focus on Mack.

So try your best to stay busy, and try your best to focus your attention on Taz.  He needs you, Joe, and Pal is counting on you to give Taz the best.

Joe, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Fragile Circle

"We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more temporary than our own, live within a fragile circle, easily and often breached.

joeslepski

Reply with quote  #83 
Lee:
One thing I am thankful for this holiday season is having you as my friend. I can honestly say that I could not have survived these last four months without you being there for me. Losing Pal has been tougher for me than losing my parents because in their cases, I had no control over their fates. With Pal I will always second guess myself for not seeing the signs that he was in such bad shape and I will always doubt my decision tab the end. I still wish I had stopped the vet and had taken him home with me. Pal was like Hannah, he used to love eating the food when the holidays rolled around. I really dread Christmas coming around this year and I will be glad when everything is over. I hope that you are able to get through the season and that your good memories of Hannah will carry you through.

Joe

Reply with quote  #84 
Quote:
Lee:
One thing I am thankful for this holiday season is having you as my friend. I can honestly say that I could not have survived these last four months without you being there for me. Losing Pal has been tougher for me than losing my parents because in their cases, I had no control over their fates. With Pal I will always second guess myself for not seeing the signs that he was in such bad shape and I will always doubt my decision tab the end. I still wish I had stopped the vet and had taken him home with me. Pal was like Hannah, he used to love eating the food when the holidays rolled around. I really dread Christmas coming around this year and I will be glad when everything is over. I hope that you are able to get through the season and that your good memories of Hannah will carry you through.

Joe

Thank you, Joe.  And thanks for helping me.  Our experiences with Pal's and Hannah's sickness and death, and our feelings toward those experiences, are pretty much exactly the same.

I am happy to help you because helping you also helps me.

Best,

Fragile Circle

katporlas

Reply with quote  #85 
Dear Joe,

How are you?  Yes, Halloween and Thanksgiving was hard.  But, what was harder was decorating for Christmas.  All Max's ornaments from years passed, just to now be replaced by one that says R.I.P.....I have a lil rug that plays music when you step on it.  Max would drive me crazy when I would bring that rug out. He would just continually run back and forth on it, so the music would play.  All our Family Christmas carpets have Max on them.  I sure miss him.  He was so loving.  I miss that about him.  He was also such a good actor.  I still am unable to hold back tears.  2 days after Christmas will be 4 months since I sent Max to Heaven.  Christmas morning will sure be quiet without him taking the toys out of his stocking and playing them, then taking his brother's toys and making his brother chase him.  
I am glad you are shopping for Taz. I'm sure he fills your void.  But, I do understand the heartache.  Mr. Gordy is the exact opposite of Max.  Calm, passive. But, he is sweet.  I still can't get over sometimes that I just can't hug my Max.  
You take care, Joe.
Merry Christmas

Katherine Max's Momie

Reply with quote  #86 
Hi Katherine:
Christmas Day is exactly four months since I lost Pal. I really do not to celebrate the holiday this year. Pal would love Christmas. He would open his presents and then open everyone else's and then he would eat and eat. I could never hide presents because he would always find them and open them. It is so sad that Max and Pal passed within two days of each other. I know it will be tough for you this Christmas without Maz. Hopefully, Mr. Gordy and Taz will help us get through. Merry Christmas

Joe

Reply with quote  #87 
My Dearest, Best Friend Pal:
Christmas Day is exactly four months since you left us. This is my first Christmas since 1997 that you are not here to celebrate the holiday with me. You would love to your presents and everyone else's too. I would start shopping for you in October. You would love to eat all the food on Christmas Day. I would love giving you things. Last Christmas, I started to see you were going downhill. Your vision was fading and you never even opened your presents. When it was time for dinner you stayed in your bed instead of trying to get food from everyone. Even with that happening I hoped you would still be here this Christmas. Without you around, Christmas just doesn't mean anything. You will never be forgotten and you will always be loved. Having you in my life for 16 and a half years was like having Christmas every day. Please wait for me at the Rainbow Bridge. It is my hope that the New Year will reunite me with you.

Love,
                              Joe

Reply with quote  #88 
To My Beloved Pal:
Christmas has come and gone. I hope you had a good day at the Rainbow Bridge. I worry about you because you always had trouble getting along with other dogs. Christmas was so empty without you. People were looking at pictures of you but cannot do that without crying. I keep thinking of you on the table at the end. I am so sorry I failed you. I should have seen the signs and I still regret not stopping the vet at the end. If I did you might still be with me. The greatest gift I can receive this holiday season is to be reunited with you. I actually look forward to death now. Life is nothing but another day of drudgery. I try to let people think I am coping but really I am only existing. You gave me so much and I let you down. Please, somehow realize that I will always love you and I hope and pray that I can join you soon.

Love,
                                 Joe

Reply with quote  #89 
To My Beloved Pal:
It is now a new year. I miss you more than ever. It was not a happy holiday season without you. You meant so much to me. Now there is no purpose anymore. How I wish I could be with you. I will never forget or stop loving you. You gave me so much love and friendship. My only responsibility was to take care of you and I did a bad job. I am so sorry. I hope that 2015 will be the year you and I will be reunited. I love you always

Joe

Reply with quote  #90 
To My Best Friend Pal:
It is cold and snowy outside. When you were young, you liked the snow. I remember you wanted to climb on top of the snowbanks. As you got older, you were like me, we both hated winter. This year, it is harder than ever without you with me. I used to complain about taking you outside in the winter, but I now miss those times and would give anything to have them back. You were my reason for going on. I try to take care of Taz but my love for you was so special. There is not a moment when I am not missing you. How I wish my life was over instead of yours. The emptiness will never be replaced. The only good thing is that with each passing day, I am one day closer to being with you again. Wait for me at the Rainbow Bridge.

Love,
                                        Joe

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.