Forum
Sign up Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 5 of 176     «   Prev   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   Next   »
joeslepski

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 2,393
Reply with quote  #61 
To My Beloved Pal:
Halloween came and went. I remember you first Halloween. We dressed you up as a pumpkin. You did not like it. I still cry all the time when I think of you. There is a huge hole in my heart that will never close. I miss you so much. Each day without you is a struggle. The leaves are on the ground. I remember how you used to jump in the pile that I had just raked. When I was raking today, the pile was still. Someday we will be together again. I will always love you

                                 Joe

__________________
joe slepski
0
GrievingHannah

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 2,126
Reply with quote  #62 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeslepski
To My Beloved Pal:
Halloween came and went. I remember you first Halloween. We dressed you up as a pumpkin. You did not like it. I still cry all the time when I think of you. There is a huge hole in my heart that will never close. I miss you so much. Each day without you is a struggle. The leaves are on the ground. I remember how you used to jump in the pile that I had just raked. When I was raking today, the pile was still. Someday we will be together again. I will always love you

                                 Joe


Oh Joe, now you got me started.  Such a touching message to Pal.  I was moved by how deeply you loved him and how you remember the special things that made you love him as much as you do.

__________________
Lee (Mack's and Hannah's and Heidi's and Janie's dad)

Fragile Circle

"We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more temporary than our own, live within a fragile circle, easily and often breached.
Unable to accept its awful gaps, we still would live no other way.
We cherish memory as the only certain immortality,
never fully understanding the necessary plan."

0
joeslepski

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 2,393
Reply with quote  #63 
I dread Christmas this year, because that will be exactly four months since we lost Pal. I have already started shopping for gifts for Taz but the day will be bittersweet
__________________
joe slepski
0
GrievingHannah

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 2,126
Reply with quote  #64 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeslepski
I dread Christmas this year, because that will be exactly four months since we lost Pal. I have already started shopping for gifts for Taz but the day will be bittersweet


I understand, Joe.  Holidays are always tough.  Try to think about the good times around Christmas that you had with Pal.  I know it's difficult, but part of my recovery was based on me trying to smile and think about the good times with Hannah.  Oh, missing Hannah and thinking about her last days always creeps in and sours my mood, but I tried my best to come back to the good times.  Over time, this mindset helped me.

Taz needs you, Joe.  Remember that.



__________________
Lee (Mack's and Hannah's and Heidi's and Janie's dad)

Fragile Circle

"We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more temporary than our own, live within a fragile circle, easily and often breached.
Unable to accept its awful gaps, we still would live no other way.
We cherish memory as the only certain immortality,
never fully understanding the necessary plan."

0
joeslepski

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 2,393
Reply with quote  #65 
Lee:
I am still not at the point where I can remember all the good times I had with Pal. I keep thinking of him lying on the table at the vet's office at the end. My wife is at the point where she is putting together a photo album of Pal, but I cannot look at pictures of him without crying. Taz has brought life into what was an empty house and I am grateful to him. I am also grateful to you for helping me get through this

__________________
joe slepski
0
joeslepski

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 2,393
Reply with quote  #66 
My Dearest Pal:
Time seems to move so slow without you here. Even though I try to go on, I think of you constantly. There is no joy in my life anymore. No one understands my grief over losing you. I am good to Taz and I try but I just cannot seem to love him like I loved you. Lorraine has made a photo album of you but I cannot look at any pictures of you. The only thing I can picture is you at the end. I still wish that I had stopped the vet and taken you home. Maybe you and I could have had some more time with each other. I am so sorry that I did not see the signs at the end. I failed you and I will have to live with that for the rest of my life. I miss you so much. You taught me a lot about life, love and friendship. Since you left life has lost its meaning. I pray for you every day and I also pray that you and I will be reunited soon. Please wait for me at the Rainbow Bridge. With all my love.

                   Joe

__________________
joe slepski
0
katporlas

Registered:
Posts: 68
Reply with quote  #67 
Hello Joe,

How are you?  You seem to be in the same position as I am.  How funny you dressed Pal up like a pumpkin!!!!  My first Halloween with Max I dressed him up as a gigilo!  Top hat and all.  He didn't care, he had so much fun walking with my little niece and her friend trick or treating.......he was so pooped out when he got home, he did not even care that they had their candy all over the living room floor.  He was plopped right in the middle of it all snoring hahaahhahah!!!!!  Christmas is going to be harder for me.  I just can't seem to get it clear in my mind that he really is not going to run up the stairs or down while I am walking down the stairs and push me, because he always had to be first.  I so miss him and just want to hug and kiss him.  I am sorry to my Max as well.  For all the types I was harsh and that I possibly kept him too long.  

Hang in their Joe.

I will email soon.

Katherine

__________________
Maxie Momie's Best Friend!
0
joeslepski

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 2,393
Reply with quote  #68 
Hi Katherine:
Pal has been gone since August 25th and I think about him constantly. People keep telling me to think of all the good times we had but I keep going back to the end. They say time heals all wounds but I do not think I will ever get over Pal. I hope you start to feel better also. We gave good homes to Max and Pal and the reason we are both so sad is because we loved them so much

__________________
joe slepski
0
katporlas

Registered:
Posts: 68
Reply with quote  #69 
We sure did give them a good, loving home.  They were also good friends to us till the end.  I wanted to take Max with me from the vet's office, because I knew he would rest that night, as he did not the weeks before.  I just keep praying that he is fine and having fun and tell him everyday that we will be together soon when I can hug and kiss him.  Christmas will be hard, since he loved new toys from his stocking and the decorations.

Take care Joe and Happy Thanksgiving.

Katherine

__________________
Maxie Momie's Best Friend!
0
joeslepski

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 2,393
Reply with quote  #70 
Hi Katherine:
I was never very religious before, but now I pray every day that Pal is being watched over. I also believe now that we will be reunited because that is the only thing that keeps me going. Pal also loved Christmas. He would love to tear the wrapping paper off of his presents. My son's birthday is a couple of weeks before Christmas. By then we would have the tree up. Pal would see his birthday presents and he thought that it was Christmas Day. He also would try to eat any candy or cookies that he could get to. This is the first time that I have looked back and laughed when it comes to Pal. Thank you, Katherine and I hope you too will have a happy Thanksgiving

                         Joe

__________________
joe slepski
0
joeslepski

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 2,393
Reply with quote  #71 
To My Dear Beloved Pal:
I miss you and think of you constantly. It is cold outside. You did not like it when it was cold. When I would take you out to pee in the cold weather, you went fast so you could get into the warm house. Even though Taz is now with us, there is am emptiness in my life, a hole in my heart that will never completely close. I try to get close to Taz but it is not the same as it was with you. You gave me so much. You gave me love, friendship, companionship and acceptance. I gave you much less in return. I will always feel that I let you down at the end and I am so sorry. What I would have given to spend another holiday season with you. I pray every day that you are being watched over and I pray that soon we will be reunited. I LOVE YOU

               Joe

__________________
joe slepski
0
joeslepski

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 2,393
Reply with quote  #72 
To My Dearly Beloved Pal:
Thanksgiving is almost. I have no reason to be thankful since you are no longer here but at the same time I am so thankful and fortunate to have had you in my life for 16 and one-half years. On the 25th it will be three months since you left. I wish I could look back on all the good times we had but I just keep thinking of you lying on the table at the vet's at the end. I should have stopped it and taken you back home. Maybe you could have had some more time with us. I am so sorry that I did not see the signs earlier. I just thought you were being a pick eater. I am so, so sorry. You loved Thanksgiving. You went crazy for the food and I would keep giving you a taste of everything. Last year you did not enjoy the holidays because you had a bad oral infection but aside from that the holidays were your favorite time. In front of people I try to act like I am over the grief from losing you but when I am by myself, the crying just keeps going on. I failed you and I do not deserve to have a happy holiday season. I love you more than ever. I worry about you at the Rainbow Bridge because you had trouble getting along with other dogs. Someday you and me will be together again and happy. I love you

                               Joe

__________________
joe slepski
0
GrievingHannah

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 2,126
Reply with quote  #73 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeslepski
To My Dearly Beloved Pal:
Thanksgiving is almost. I have no reason to be thankful since you are no longer here but at the same time I am so thankful and fortunate to have had you in my life for 16 and one-half years. On the 25th it will be three months since you left. I wish I could look back on all the good times we had but I just keep thinking of you lying on the table at the vet's at the end. I should have stopped it and taken you back home. Maybe you could have had some more time with us. I am so sorry that I did not see the signs earlier. I just thought you were being a pick eater. I am so, so sorry. You loved Thanksgiving. You went crazy for the food and I would keep giving you a taste of everything. Last year you did not enjoy the holidays because you had a bad oral infection but aside from that the holidays were your favorite time. In front of people I try to act like I am over the grief from losing you but when I am by myself, the crying just keeps going on. I failed you and I do not deserve to have a happy holiday season. I love you more than ever. I worry about you at the Rainbow Bridge because you had trouble getting along with other dogs. Someday you and me will be together again and happy. I love you

                               Joe


Joe,

I thought about you and Taz yesterday.  How did Thanksgiving go?


__________________
Lee (Mack's and Hannah's and Heidi's and Janie's dad)

Fragile Circle

"We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more temporary than our own, live within a fragile circle, easily and often breached.
Unable to accept its awful gaps, we still would live no other way.
We cherish memory as the only certain immortality,
never fully understanding the necessary plan."

0
joeslepski

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 2,393
Reply with quote  #74 
Hi Lee:
I got sick with a migraine and had trouble getting out of bed for the last two days. I am sure that losing Pal was the reason. I am not looking forward to the holidays because I will be thinking of all the fun holidays I had with Pal. How was your Thanksgiving? Did Mack have a lot of fun

__________________
joe slepski
0
GrievingHannah

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 2,126
Reply with quote  #75 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeslepski
Hi Lee:
I got sick with a migraine and had trouble getting out of bed for the last two days. I am sure that losing Pal was the reason. I am not looking forward to the holidays because I will be thinking of all the fun holidays I had with Pal. How was your Thanksgiving? Did Mack have a lot of fun


We really didn't have Thanksgiving this year.  My wife's sister was in the hospital...she came home, but didn't want to eat.  So we took Mack to Kathie's mom's place to visit.  Kathie made some chicken pie to take.  So Thanksgiving was a bit of a downer for us.  Mack was happy nonetheless to go and visit and smell new smells and go on walks in new places.

I had migraines growing up and well into my adulthood.  At about age 50, they started to go away.  I still get lots of headaches but no migraines that put me down for two days.

Sorry you were sick, Joe.

__________________
Lee (Mack's and Hannah's and Heidi's and Janie's dad)

Fragile Circle

"We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more temporary than our own, live within a fragile circle, easily and often breached.
Unable to accept its awful gaps, we still would live no other way.
We cherish memory as the only certain immortality,
never fully understanding the necessary plan."

0
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.