Forum

Author   Comment   Page 4 of 176      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   Next   »
GrievingHannah

Reply with quote  #46 
Quote:
Originally Posted by danzey
Joe...........Pal came into your life (and you not even liking dogs at the time) and gave you reasons to love him.  Taz will do the exact same thing.  Give him time, and one day your going to wake up and realize that you love him.  I mean truly love him.  Right now it might seem a little forced, but the day will come when you love Taz with no effeort at all...........danzey

p.s  I attend the candle lighting here every Monday.  Tonight I'll include Pal and Taz (along with my own)

I second danzey's sentiments.  I did not love Mack at first.  It seemed forced to me...I remember walking out of PAWS thinking, "What the hell did we just do?"

Now I love Mack very deeply.  He is an important part of my family.  Life without him would be rough.

Taz is not with you to replace Pal, just like Mack can never replace Hannah.  But that doesn't mean that you can't love Taz deeply.  As danzey says, give him some time. 

Be kind to yourself, Joe.  Don't put pressure on yourself.  Just let life and your relationship with Taz happen.

Fragile Circle

"We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more temporary than our own, live within a fragile circle, easily and often breached.
Unable to accept its awful gaps, we still would live no other way.
We cherish memory as the only certain immortality,
never fully understanding the necessary plan."

joeslepski

Reply with quote  #47 
Pal was the first pet I ever owned. At the beginning, I took care of him but it was not until I retired that he and I bonded. He then became my best friend. Taz really misses his former owner. We drove him up to the nursing home yesterday to visit with her. When he is home, he never wants to be alone. It must be very confusing to him

Reply with quote  #48 
To My Best Friend Pal:
It has been 6 weeks since you have been gone. I still picture you laying on the table at the end trusting that I would do something to make you better. I am so sorry. In public, I try to act normal but in private, I cry constantly when I think of you. Even though Taz is now here, no one can ever take your place. You were so special to me. I think back to the last few months. You must have been in so much pain I was too ignorant to notice. How sorry I am. With my birthday coming up, I will not celebrate it. The only thing I am happy about is that it will be one day closer until I get to see you again. I miss you so much and my love for you is never ending. Wait for me at the Rainbow Bridge

Joe

Reply with quote  #49 
My Best Friend Pal:
It is still so hard to be without you. I am trying my best with Taz but we have not bonded yet. Tomorrow I am running the Hartford Marathon. You were an incentive to finish faster because then sooner I was done, the sooner I could be with you. There is such a hole in my heart and it keeps getting bigger. I miss you so much. I will always love and remember you

Joe

Reply with quote  #50 
Hey Joe...don't worry too much about bonding with Taz. I started looking after a dog soon after Maddie passed...though it doesn't live with me...just 3 full days a week. at first I resented him as he wasn't Maddie...but I just did my best to care for him, and over time have grown to love him very much. Not at all like with my Maddie, but still love none the less. It will happen with time. Blessings to you...Judylinn
joeslepski

Reply with quote  #51 
Judylinn:
Thank you. I spend a lot of time with Taz and I am sure that we will bond, it is going to take some time

Reply with quote  #52 
Hello Joe,

I am with you.  It's been a month and a half and I can't get over my Max.  He was so loving. I miss his bright eyes and energy.

I can't wait to hold him again.

I do have Mr. Gordy, who has been with us for 9 years. I'm sure in his own way he misses Max and I love Gordy, but just different from Max.  

My husband does not understand why I cry for Max still. Like I said when I look at his picture or think of him, I miss those bright eyes and all his energy.

I love you Max!!!

Katherine

Reply with quote  #53 
Hi Katherine:
I am so sorry about you losing Max. Him and Pal passed at about the same time. Like you, my wife cannot understand why I am still crying over Pal so I try to be alone when my emotions start to come through. We have gotten Taz and I care for him but I have not bonded with him yet. It will take some time. Take care of yourself

Reply with quote  #54 
To My Best Friend Pal:
I hope you are pain free and young again. I miss you more each day. It has been 7 weeks since you left and there has not been one day that I have not cried over you. I ran another marathon over the weekend and I felt that you were watching over me the whole time. When I got home, I expected you would be waiting for me like always, but then I realized that will never happen again. Taz was waiting for me but it was not the same. You were and will always be my best friend and please wait for me at the Rainbow Bridge. I love you

Joe

Reply with quote  #55 
My Dearest Pal:
Saturday will be two months, since we lost you. There has not been one day that I have not cried over this loss. There is a hole in my heart that will never heal. I love having Taz around but the love I felt for you can never be replaced. You were the best friend I ever had. Saturday is also my birthday. I never liked celebrating my birthday, but I did because you liked taking the wrapping paper off of the presents and you liked it when I shared the cake with you. There will be no presents or cake this year. At least I am that much closer to being reunited with you at the Rainbow Bridge. I love you

Joe

Reply with quote  #56 
Joe,
Hope you start to feel better soon. I know the pain and I too have a hole in my heart that will never ever heal. Maybe Pal would like you to celebrate with Taz. Of course Taz can never takes Pal's place but it may good for you to celebrate your birthday remember your memories with Pal and build new ones with Taz.
Happy early birthday
Little mans mom
joeslepski

Reply with quote  #57 
Thank you. Little Man was so adorable and I am so sorry you lost him. We go on but it is never the same

Reply with quote  #58 
So sorry for your loss.  You are right, we go on but it never the same.  There is that one fur baby that is your soulmate, is part of your heart.  I understand that oh too well.  I am so sorry you lost Pal.  He will be waiting for you at the bridge.  Odd, I feel such a calm about death and actually look forward to it since my baby left.  In time, we will be reunited and my heart will be whole.  Your Pal is watching over you and waiting for you too.  I never knew others felt like I did until I found this site.  It is comforting, but sad at the same time  knowing how we all feel.

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

joeslepski

Reply with quote  #59 
Thank you for your kind words. Pal was my soulmate and even though I am happy to have Taz the love will never be the same. I agree with you about death. I used to fear it, but now in a strange way, I look forward to it because that means I will be reunited with my beloved Pal

Reply with quote  #60 
To My Beloved Pal:
It does not get any easier. You have been gone for more than nine weeks but I keep going back to you laying on the table, so helpless at the end. I really failed you, I should have seen the signs. I try to love Taz but it is not the same as it was with you and me. I am awaiting then results of some medical tests and in a strange way, I hope the news is bad so maybe you and I will be reunited. I now believe in God because that is the only way you and I might be together again. I pray for you every day and there is not a moment that you are not in my thoughts. I will always love you

Joe

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.