joeslepski Show full post »
joeslepski
To My Best Friend Pal:
With all of the fairs and festivals being shut down this year due to Covid-19, Taz is missing out on the fair food that you used to enjoy. After you left I stopped going to those events because I cannot eat that type of food due to my condition and also because I just could not get into the mood to enjoy myself without you being with me. Last year I finally started going to some locals fairs because I wanted Taz to sample the same food that you enjoyed. Even though there are not any fairs going on this season, there is a cider mill close by with a booth that makes apple fritters and they are open on weekends in the fall. Yesterday I took Taz out there and he tried some apple cider and, of course, he had to eat apple fritters.

I Love You,
                                                                           Joe
joe slepski
Quote 1 0
joeslepski
To My Dearest Pal:
I often wonder if I will be aware of it when my kidney finally shuts down. I have always said that on my last day I would love to go for a run, watch a ball game on television and eat ice cream with Taz by my side. The Doctors have told me that with kidney failure that there are not any symptoms until the very end. I am so lucky to be dying of this condition. I never could have withstood all of the pain that you had to deal with in your final months. You were so brave.

I Love You,
                                                            Joe

joe slepski
Quote 0 0
Gracie4ever
So sorry for your loss, Joe. It's good that you have Taz and are letting him experience things like apple fritters. I'm glad he has you, and that you have him. Pal will forever be in your heart. Our babies will never leave our hearts.
Quote 0 0
joeslepski
Hi Gracie4ever:
Thank you for your kind words. You are so right. Pal is still with me and he always will be with me. Thank you again.

Joe
joe slepski
Quote 1 0
Gracie4ever
My heart goes out to you, my friend! We are all in this, together.
Quote 0 0
joeslepski
Hi Gracie4ever:
Thank you. Your kindness is very much appreciated.

Joe
joe slepski
Quote 1 0
joeslepski
To My Beloved Pal:
I am getting ready to go to a virtual support group for those who are dealing with terminal conditions. I was regularly going to meetings before the pandemic began but since then nothing has been held. I miss seeing the other people there but at least I can see them on the computer screen.

I Love You,
                                                               Joe
joe slepski
Quote 0 0
joeslepski
To My Best Friend Pal:
I was interviewed for television today. The Hartford Marathon chose me as their Most Inspirational Runner because of the money that I raise for charity and for the volunteer work that I do. When I was interviewed I mentioned that you are my inspiration for everything that I do. 

I Love You And Miss You,
                                                                         Joe
joe slepski
Quote 0 0
joeslepski
To My Dearest Pal:
I am sorry to say that I have not really been living up to your standards lately. Since the pandemic began my mood has gotten worse and I have started to treat others in a bad way. I do not have any excuses for my behavior. I know that you are not pleased with me. I have to try to remember how you would want me to act when I am dealing with others. It is much harder for us humans to be as kind as trusting to others as our four-legged companions are. It is a hard standard to live up to but I have to try to do better.

I Love You,
                                                                           Joe
joe slepski
Quote 0 0
joeslepski
To My Brest Friend Pal:
It has been more than six months since the pandemic began. You would not recognize the world as it is today. All of us wear masks. There are not any more large gatherings of people. Many people are working from home or sadly not working and many stores and businesses are still closed. We are better off than we were a few months ago but as predicted the numbers are going up again as the cooler weather starts to arrive. Sadly it is going to stay this way for a good part of 2021. I fought in a war and going through this hard been much harder. At least Taz has been here going through this with me.

I Love You,
                                                                         Joe
joe slepski
Quote 0 0
Jason442
I have enjoyed reading your post here I'm finding comfort in them. Thank you!
Quote 0 0
joeslepski
Hi Jason442:
Thank you. I am glad that you find comfort in reading my posts to Pal. When I lost him six years, I was afraid that I would forget about him as time went on so writing to him every day still makes me feel like he is still here with me in a way.

Joe
joe slepski
Quote 1 0
Jason442
That is great I admire that devotion. Nothing more pure then a dogs love. 
Quote 0 0
joeslepski
Hi Jason442:
When I sit here typing messages to Pal, I feel like he is still with me for those few minutes.

Joe
joe slepski
Quote 0 0
joeslepski
To My Dearest Pal:
What a terrible 2020 this has been. Everybody has been dealing with the coronavirus and many areas of the countries (including this part) have dealt with hurricanes. Now the fires out west, people have been tested like never before. I worry about pets who have been left without a home because of all of this. 

I Love You,
                                                              Joe
joe slepski
Quote 0 0