joeslepski Show full post »
MichelleKinkaid
Joe,
You are such a blessing. I love to read the loving messages you send to Pal. Your selfless acts to help others is so very inspiring especially given your health challenges. Thank you for continuing to remind us of the greater good and the positive side of humans and all creatures in the world.
xoxo
Michelle Kinkaid
Quote 0 0
BarbOscar13
Hi Joe
I 'll get my oscar's ashes tomorrow  (dog/13 yrs/ RIP 2 weeks ago) I get this waves of sadness and loneliness, I miss him so much, my heart hurts, but day by day gets better.
One day we'll reunite with our fur babies, please take care of yourself !
Quote 0 0
joeslepski
Hi BarbOscar13:
I am glad to hear that each day gets a little bit better for you. It is a long process. It has been almost six years since I lost Pal and I will never get over it. I know how much you miss Oscar. He will always be watching over you.

Joe
joe slepski
Quote 0 0
joeslepski
Hi Michelle:
Pal taught me and still teaches me about kindness and caring. I will always try to make him proud of me.

Joe
joe slepski
Quote 0 0
joeslepski
To My Best Friend Pal:
It is not going to be quite as hot today, so that means yard work. I will mow the lawn then I will drive down to the shoreline and mow the other lawn. I probably should hire someone to do it but I am too set in my ways. I did buy a self-propelled mower a couple of years ago so it does make it somewhat easier.

I Love You,
                                                     Joe
joe slepski
Quote 0 0
joeslepski
To My Beloved Pal:
I was out with Taz yesterday when I ran into an acquaintance. He made a remark about my feelings toward Taz. Even though I did not say anything, I became so angry inside. This person has never had a four-legged companion but at that point I realized how much I love Taz. I love him as much as I love you but the love is different. Even so, it took that remark for me to finally realize how deep my love for Taz really is.

I Love You,
                                                                       Joe            
joe slepski
Quote 1 0
joeslepski
To My Dearest Pal:
I was out for a walk this morning and I was walking through the golf course nearby. It is heavily wooded there and when I looked in the woods, I saw a deer just standing there. He was under a tree to get out of the heat. I was struck by how beautiful he was. As I was looking at him, he eyes met mine and at that moment I saw you looking back at me. What a beautiful sight that was.

I Love You,
                                                                                Joe
joe slepski
Quote 1 0
MichelleKinkaid
Joe,
I love that you expressed your deep love for Taz to Pal. I think he knows.

It is so amazing and wonderful to view wildlife like the deer you saw. It could very well have been Pal looking at you through the deer's eyes as you felt. I can feel the emotion in your post. Sometimes I feel my Rocky when I see a butterfly in my yard. I hope it is so as it gives us the comfort that they are still around us.

Blessing to you Joe. Much appreciation for all you share and the inspiration you send out to all.
xoxo
Michelle Kinkaid
Quote 0 0
joeslepski
Hi Michelle:
I am sure that when you see the butterfly flying around that is is Rocky. He will always be with you just like Pal will always be with me.  Thank you.

Joe
joe slepski
Quote 0 0
joeslepski
To My Best Friend Pal:
I am waiting for the hurricane to come in the next few hours. Wide spread power outages are expected so I might not be able to write anything to you for a couple of days. You and I went through Hurricane Irene in 2011 and Sandy in 2012. Both of those times I was very worried bit you were always there to calm me down. Now it is Taz who is trying to take my mind off of this storm.

I Love You,
                                                                     Joe
joe slepski
Quote 0 0
zhanchik69
Hello friends. Just wanted to make sure everybody are ok. We didn't have power for a couple of days. A lot of uprooted or broken trees but besides that everything here is in New York is fine. I hope you guys are well! Zhanna
Quote 0 0
codysmum102
Zahanna,
How scary. Glad you're O.K.
Julie 💔
"Grief only exists where love lived first."
--Franchesca Cox
Quote 0 0
zhanchik69
Hello Julie. So glad to hear from you. We had it hard during Sandy. God, it was scary!  We lived just a block away from the ocean. Lucky us, the first home on thew block was completely washed away. I remember the night when it started. Lights went off. It was so dark and so quiet.  Not a sound. I was looking in the window. All of a sound water started to raise. Up and up and up. Our car was park right under the window. Water went over the car's top within less than half of hour.  I thought we won't make it... It wasn't even close to it this time. Thank God! 
Quote 0 0
joeslepski
Hi Zhanna:
I just got my power back one hour ago. A lot of trees are down here in Connecticut but thankfully only two people lost their lives which is sad in itself. I am glad to see that you made it through the storm okay.

Joe
joe slepski
Quote 0 0
joeslepski
To My Beloved Pal:
I am so sorry that I have not written anything to you since last Tuesday but as soon as I finished my last message to you the hurricane came through knocking out electricity until now. You remember after we lost power for two days during Hurricane Irene in 2011, you and went to Home Depot and bought a generator. This was the first time that I ever used it. I was able to hook it up to power the refrigerator, microwave and a couple of lights. By yesterday, between the pandemic and now this I started to get upset especially because the electric company said that power would not be restored for another week. It is going to be 100 degrees this week. I prayed to you to get me through this and about an hour ago, the power came back on. I was really upset this past week, but Taz was such a calming influence just like you always were. Thank you for getting me through this ordeal.

I Love You,
                                                                   Joe
joe slepski
Quote 0 0