joeslepski Show full post »
joeslepski
To My Best Friend Pal:
I finally got a haircut today. It had been six months since my last one but the barbershops were closed until two weeks ago because of Covid-19. There are alot of men and women going around with very long hair. When you were young the barber always wanted you to come into the shop. He always had a treat for you. That barber passed away a few years ago. He liked you but then again everybody liked you.

I Love You,
                                                                      Joe
joe slepski
Quote 0 0
joeslepski
To My Beloved Pal:
With all of the Covid-19 going around for the last four months, I have become pretty much of a hermit. I seldom go out and when I do it is only for a walk or a quick trip to the grocery store. I really feel that I have lost some of my ability to interact with others. Everybody is going through the same thing. I miss you so much.

I Love You,
                                                                           Joe
joe slepski
Quote 0 0
joeslepski
To My Best Friend Pal:
During this pandemic, people have been shooting off fireworks all night long. It is happening all over. Taz does not like the sound of fireworks. You were never bothered by them. On your first 4th of July you were a little bit scared but after that you would act as though nothing was happening. Nothing ever bothered you. You were such a calming influence.

I Love You,
                                                               Joe
joe slepski
Quote 0 0
joeslepski
To My Dearest Pal:
It is the 4th of July. It is the first time in 30 years, that I am not spending it at the shoreline because I am afraid of the large crowds there. You were never bothered by fireworks but many dogs are. I wish that people would think of the dogs before they light off their loud fireworks. I love fireworks too, but I would only shoot off the ones that are sold legally in Connecticut. They do not make any noise.

I Love You,
                                                                    Joe
joe slepski
Quote 0 0
joeslepski
To My Beloved Pal:
For the first time since early March, the churches opened for Sunday Mass. I just got home from the Saturday Vigil Mass. I went to confession first. Only three other people were in the church besides me and there was not any singing. It did feel good though to go to Sunday Mass again. Taz and I will watch the fireworks on television tonight. I have been having some problems so I am unable to eat very much. You would love the 4th of July. I would take out the grill and I would cook hot dogs, hamburgers and chicken. Even though I cannot eat I am cooking some chicken on the grill for Taz. He deserves to have a nice 4th of July.

I Love You,
                                                                     Joe
joe slepski
Quote 0 0
codysmum102
Joe,
I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble eating. Does that have to do with your kidneys? That's so good of you to cook for Taz. I'm sure he will appreciate it.
Take care,
Julie 💔
"Grief only exists where love lived first."
--Franchesca Cox
Quote 0 0
joeslepski
Hi Julie:
Thank you for your concern. I am pretty sure that it has something to do with my kidney (I was born with only one). The Doctor's offices here have been closed since March due to Covid-19, so I have not been treated for many months. They are starting to reopen and I have an appointment in two weeks.

Joe
joe slepski
Quote 0 0
codysmum102
Joe,
Keep us posted. Thanks 
Julie 💔
"Grief only exists where love lived first."
--Franchesca Cox
Quote 0 0
joeslepski
Hi Julie:
Thank you. I will let you know. Thanks again.

Joe
joe slepski
Quote 0 0
joeslepski
To My Beloved Pal:
Last night many people in the neighborhood were shooting off fireworks. Taz was so scared of the noise. He was barking for hours. He barked so much that today he is hoarse. I felt so bad for him. I wish that I could have done more for him.

I Love You,
                                                              Joe
joe slepski
Quote 0 0
joeslepski
To My Dearest Pal:
I just heard on the news that the 4th of July is the day that the highest number of dogs are lost. The noise from the fireworks is loud to them that they get scared and run off. Thanks heavens I never lost you or Taz but I feel so bad for these pets. There are so many fireworks that people can legally buy in the stores and when they are lit they go up in the air and the colors are beautiful. Instead people want to shoot off the loudest fireworks that they can get their hands on. It's is like I keep saying if people were more like pets the world would be such a better place.

I Love You,
                                                                         Joe
joe slepski
Quote 0 0
pkindree
Dear Joe, I hope you had a nice 4th of July despite the difficult times we are living in. You are so right, if humans would be more like animals we might have a better world ...  I like your post and agree, our furry companions can teach us some good things for how we should behave.

Be well, Patti
Patti
Quote 0 0
MichelleKinkaid
Dear Joe,
You are so correct .. wish people were more like pets ... the world would truly be a nicer place.
Bless you, Taz and Pal.
xoxo
Michelle Kinkaid
Quote 0 0
joeslepski
Hi Patti:
In these times especially, I wish that human were more like their four-legged companions. Please stay safe.

Joe
joe slepski
Quote 0 0
joeslepski
Hi Michele:
I hope you are staying safe. I know that I, for one, would be a much better person if I had more of Pal's characteristics.

Joe
joe slepski
Quote 0 0