Forum

Author   Comment   Page 3 of 176      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   6   Next   »
judylinn

Reply with quote  #31 
Hi Joe....3 and a half weeks is nothing in the grief process. It takes a long time to heal our hearts. Pal was your family member...you just don't let go after such a short time. Every one grieves differently, and however long it takes you is okay....It took me a very long time. There is such unconditional love with animals, and it reaches a place that often humans can't reach. Just allow yourself to take the amount of time that you need.
I have healed, though I still miss my Beautiful Maddie...I will look forward to the day I see her again...but all in the right time. Try not to feel guilt...it seems that we all do for some reason...just remember the greatest gift that you gave your little love was to love him...he knew love and there was nothing greater that you could give him. Blessings to you...Judylinn
joeslepski

Reply with quote  #32 
Thank you. It seems like the days since August 25th, have dragged on and on. I try to remember the happy times Pal and I shared but I keep going back to my last memory of him on the table at the vet's at the end. He was helpless and so was I. I am so sorry that I had to make that final decision

Reply with quote  #33 
Joe - what you have just responded to Judilinn is exactly what is in my heart and mind. It was 3 weeks ago today that I made the awful decision and I still regret it and live with all of the "what if's".
Know that there are many others who share your sorrow and loss with you and wish you the best. My best buddy, Buster, 13 years old, still dominates the house by his absence.
Peace, my brother.
Roberta
joeslepski

Reply with quote  #34 
Hi Roberta:
Thank you for the kind words. I just keep picturing Pal on the vet's table at the end and I start crying. I should be thinking about the fun times we had but I keep going back to the end.

Reply with quote  #35 
It's so hard. I do the same thing. It's etched in my mind and heart.

We'll all get through it together. They were our best friends; we were so fortunate they came to us.
Roberta
joeslepski

Reply with quote  #36 
Roberta:
Thank you. It seems like each day drags on without him and I feel that I should have done more for him

Reply with quote  #37 
Hi Joe,

Just checking in to see how your doing.  Today is 4 weeks since I sent my Maxie to Heaven.  I still can't get over how much I want to hold him and kiss him.  

I hope your feeling better.  I at least don't cry as long, but occasionally my meltdowns come back.  I look at his pictures and wonder is this real?!  Unfortunately, yes.

Katherine

Reply with quote  #38 
I to miss my friend fairchild. I think losing a pet is so hard and at times harder then losing a human because they rely so heavily on us. We feed them, walk them, snuggle them, and if needed nurse them through medical issues. Saying goodbye is hard for me because i wonder if all her needs are being met...of course they are the other side whatever it may be like is suppose to be peaceful. Opening your home to another dog is the greatest way to honor a past friend. I hope someday soon i find myself ready to do so also. I admire anyone who stands by their pets for the long haul and goes above and beyond to help them. You sound like a great pet parent.
joeslepski

Reply with quote  #39 
Today is one month that Pal left me. I thought I was doing okay, but without any warning, at the exact time he passed, I just started crying. Even though I am getting another dog, I will never get over this great loss. This is worse than losing my parents. 

Reply with quote  #40 
My Beloved Pal:
Today is exactly one month since we said goodbye. At the exact minute of it happening, I started crying. I will never stop feeling that I let you down. You gave unconditional love and you were non judgmental. You taught me so much. You made me realize that I still was capable of loving. Even though I am not particularly religious, I pray for you each and every day. I do not fear death anymore because I know I will be reunited with you. I will see you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Joe

Reply with quote  #41 
My Dearest Pal:
As I write this Taz is sitting on my lap. We brought him home a few days ago. After you passed, the house seemed so empty. We were going to wait awhile before we thought about getting another dog, but we heard that Taz's owner had to go into a nursing home leaving him homeless. We spent the last few weeks going up to Massachusetts on weekends to get to know him.He is different than you and we are getting to know each other. Pal, Taz will never take your place. Before you came into my life, I never liked dogs. You taught me how to love not only dogs but everyone. Your love that you gave me cannot be measured. I still cry when I think of you. I will do my best for Taz but you will always be the most special one in my heart. I do not fear the end of life because I know we will then be reunited. I will love you always

Joe

Reply with quote  #42 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeslepski
My Dearest Pal:
As I write this Taz is sitting on my lap. We brought him home a few days ago. After you passed, the house seemed so empty. We were going to wait awhile before we thought about getting another dog, but we heard that Taz's owner had to go into a nursing home leaving him homeless. We spent the last few weeks going up to Massachusetts on weekends to get to know him.He is different than you and we are getting to know each other. Pal, Taz will never take your place. Before you came into my life, I never liked dogs. You taught me how to love not only dogs but everyone. Your love that you gave me cannot be measured. I still cry when I think of you. I will do my best for Taz but you will always be the most special one in my heart. I do not fear the end of life because I know we will then be reunited. I will love you always

Joe

Oh Joe,

Such a beautiful tribute to your Pal.  Thank you for sharing.

Fragile Circle

"We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more temporary than our own, live within a fragile circle, easily and often breached.
Unable to accept its awful gaps, we still would live no other way.
We cherish memory as the only certain immortality,
never fully understanding the necessary plan."

katporlas

Reply with quote  #43 
Dear Joe,

Taz is so cute, but I do know how you feel about Pal.  When I look at my Max's pictures and into his eyes, I remember how full of life he was.  I do have his brother Gordy and I am glad they are two different dogs with two different personalities, because I am not ready to do things with Gordy that I did with Max.  Max loved to go for walks and hikes, swim and run, play with his toys and frisbie with you.  But, Gordy is more laid back, lazy you might even say.  He is fine just lounging around.

I remember hearing in my mind a couple of days after Max left....be nice to Gordy, Take care of him, love him.

And, I do.  But, my love for Max was deeper and different.

You hang in there Joe.  I know you love Taz and will do good by him.

Max's mom-Katherine

Reply with quote  #44 
I thank Pal every day and pray for him. I never liked dogs until he came to live with us. He taught me so much. I look at Taz and I know he would not be with me if Pal had never came into my life. Pal did so much for me. I wish I could have done more for him especially at the end

Reply with quote  #45 
Joe...........Pal came into your life (and you not even liking dogs at the time) and gave you reasons to love him.  Taz will do the exact same thing.  Give him time, and one day your going to wake up and realize that you love him.  I mean truly love him.  Right now it might seem a little forced, but the day will come when you love Taz with no effeort at all...........danzey

p.s  I attend the candle lighting here every Monday.  Tonight I'll include Pal and Taz (along with my own)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.