Forum

Author   Comment   Page 245 of 247     «   Prev   242   243   244   245   246   247   Next
zhanchik69

Reply with quote  #3661 
Hi Tracy. The worst thing for me are my dreams. I dream of Teddy being alive. I don't see him sick. He is young and happy. It feels so good. So good. I wake up to realize he is gone. 
joeslepski

Reply with quote  #3662 
Hi zhanchik69:
I have only had one dream of Pal. I never wanted to dream of him because I knew how sad I would feel after I realized that it was only a dream but after all of these years and after having had one dream of him a few months ago, I would really like to dream of him more often. When I did have that dream I was so happy when I woke up because I felt like I was able to spend some time with him once more.

Joe

Reply with quote  #3663 
Hi Tracy R:
Buffalo, I have a nephew who lives up there and the winters are so long. I am from Connecticut and our winters can be pretty severe also. Pal was from Minnesota. He was born in February so his first few months were spent in that climate so the winter never bothered him but then again nothing ever bothered him.

Joe

Reply with quote  #3664 
To My Best Friend Pal:
January thaw is here. It is going to be 70 degrees the next two days. You remember how every year we would have a few days in the middle of January when it would warm up before winter came back. Taz and I will be outside the next two days because by Thursday it is not going to get above 20 degrees and we could get a snowstorm by the end of next week.

I Love You,
                                                       Joe

Reply with quote  #3665 
I am from New York. Today is 65 degrees. Temperature will drop tomorrow but today it feels like Spring. Windows are open. Sun is shining. Teddy would love this weather. He never liked it when it was too hot or too cold. 65 was perfect. He liked to look through the window. He would spend hours laying in front of the patio door, watching people on the street. That silly little fluff thought he is a guard dog.  If someone came too close to the door Teddy would bark and then he would turn his head to me, looking for the approval. I wish he would be here with me today so we could take a walk together as we used to. I miss him.
zhanchik69

Reply with quote  #3666 
Hello Joe. I keep Teddy's water bowl. I bought it at the same time I bought Teddy. I didn't plan to buy Teddy, it's just happened. I was passing by the pet store and saw Teddy in the window. He was the smallest in the litter and unlike other puppies, who were happy and playful, he looked miserable. i knew I can't leave without him. I didn't have anything for the dog so I bought whatever they had in the store. On the bottom of the bowl there was a picture of Snoopy. Little Teddy thought that there was something in the bowl and was trying to get it out with his paw. He would make a mess splashing water all over himself and on the floor. It was so cute. He was drinking from that bowl till his last day. 
Mirgilly

Reply with quote  #3667 
Hi Zhanna, Your storyabout Teddy pawing at his bowl put a smile on my face and brought a tear to my eye at the same time. Our babies bring such joy into our lives.
I didn’t plan on getting Lilly either but my brother was buying her brother and I just had to have her once I seen her. Molly was my buddy but Lilly was my baby. I loved them both thee same, and it still feels like I’m living a nightmare. I’m on the fence about getting another dog. They could NEVER replace Molly or Lilly but I know I could give another dog a loving home someday. My husband is against it right now because we have a lot going on in our daily life. Maybe when the time is right.

Reply with quote  #3668 
Hi Joe, winters can be rough, but our families and jobs are here so we can’t look to move until we retire. We have talked about maybe moving to Arizona someday, but not seriously. Molly didn’t mind the snow but Lilly would get cold really fast because she was so small (8lbs). In the cold weather, I’d put a sweater on her when she went outside to try to keep her a little warmer. I had just bought a few more for her ‘wardrobe’ a few weeks before she got sick. I have everything in a bag right now because I can’t even look at any of it yet. I had a dream a few nights ago that Lilly and Molly were together, and playing. I was happy to think they were together, happy and pain free. I’m sure Pal and Teddy are the same way. I’d like to think they are also all friends and playing together.

Reply with quote  #3669 
Hi zhanchik69:
I also bought Pal from a pet store. My son was seven years old at the time and he wanted a dog in the worst way. I never liked dogs but that day we went into the pet store just to look around. Pal looked so innocent and sweet sitting in his cage and we bought him. I also still have his water bowl like you still have Teddy's.

Joe

Reply with quote  #3670 
Hi Tracy R:
After I lost Pal I had no intention of ever adopting another pet. A few months later, someone told me that Taz's parent had to go into a nursing home and he needed a home. It is five years later. I love Taz but I sometimes still question if enough time had passed.

Joe

Reply with quote  #3671 
To My Best Friend Pal:
Seventy degrees yesterday, today it is 30 and by the end of the week the temperature will not get out of the teens and it is forecasted to stay that way for at least the next two weeks, with a snowstorm coming this weekend. I would always complain to you about how cold and snowy it was in the winter and how hot it was in the summer. I am still complaining about the weather to you.

I Love You,
                                                                                        Joe

Reply with quote  #3672 
Hello friends. We had pets all my life. As long as I remember myself we had four-legged friends around.  I loved them all but Teddy was my special one. When I brought him home he was so scared. To comfort him I sat on the floor and took him on my lap. He fell asleep and I sat  there for hours because I was afraid to wake him up. Teddy was a runt puppy, he was very small and weak. Vet suggested to give him vitamins. Teddy loved it. He knew I give him vitamins in the morning so as soon as I woke up he would run to the kitchen closet where I kept all his stuff and barked at it. He knew the word "vitamins" so whenever someone would say: "Teddy, want some vitamins?" Teddy would go to that closet waiting for his treat. I am not ready to take another dog. My pain is still too raw. I don't think I can love someone now. And it won't be fair to a new pet. May be one day...

joeslepski

Reply with quote  #3673 
Hi zhanchik69:
It is amazing how alike Teddy and Pal were. Just like Teddy, Pal was also the runt of the litter and like you did, I also bought Pal at a pet store. Pal dis not take vitamins but when he was three years old, it was discovered that he was epileptic so he had to take pills to prevent seizures and just like Teddy would do with his vitamins, Pal could not wait to take his pills in the morning because he also knew a treat would be in it for him. I understand how you feel about taking in another pet. Everything that happened has been recent and the pain is still there.

Joe

Reply with quote  #3674 
To My Dearest Pal:
I have to have some tests done tomorrow to see how much function is left in my kidney. It is strange but I am hoping and praying that the results show that the rate of decline increases. I have done everything that I needed to do in this journey and I want to be with you again so badly. Please wait for me at the Rainbow Bridge.

I Love You,
                                                                                      Joe

Reply with quote  #3675 
To My Best Friend Pal:
You would always stretch your back the first thing in the morning. For the last few mornings, Taz has been doing the exact same thing. He reminds me so much of you when he does that. It is almost like I am seeing you again when he does that. I know that it is a sign from you.

I Love You,
                                                                                        Joe

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.