Forum

Author   Comment   Page 233 of 234     «   Prev   230   231   232   233   234   Next
joeslepski

Reply with quote  #3481 
Hi Zhanchik69:
I am so sorry for your loss. I know what you are going through. I wish that there was something that I could say that would make you feel better. Please know that I am thinking of you. Please take care of yourself.

Joe

Reply with quote  #3482 
To My Best Friend Pal:
When I went to bed last night, the weather forecast was for an additional two inches of snow overnight. When I woke up this morning, there was a foot of new snow instead. It took me over three hours to shovel but I just finished and now Taz has a path to walk around outside just like you always had. It will be another day of staying inside. When you were around I would Christmas cookies on a day like today but this year I am not going to be making any more of those. I do want Taz to have something though, so I did buy a roll of Pillsbury toll house cookie dough. Maybe I will bake some of those today.

I Love You,
                                                                                            Joe

Reply with quote  #3483 
To My Beloved Pal:
Dan's birthday is at the end of the week. When he was a boy and you were also young, we would already have the Christmas tree up by then. When you saw the birthday presents wrapped up for him, you thought that it was Christmas and you would try to open his presents. You loved to open presents. Even though it was his birthday, I would always make sure that you had some presents that you could unwrap also.

I Love You,
                                                                                          Joe

Reply with quote  #3484 
To My Best Friend Pal:
There is a lot of snow outside. Looking at it I remember how you wanted me to carry you outside and then put you on top of a high snowbank. You would just stand up there toking around. You loved it if you could be up high, that way you could see everything that was going on around you.

I Love You,
                                                                                                  Joe

Reply with quote  #3485 
Hi Joe. Thank you so much for listening and for understanding. I feel I am losing my mind. 
zhanchik69

Reply with quote  #3486 
I used to get up early. Teddy wasn't doing well lately. For last 4 years he had heart condition, kidneys failure, gum disease, pinched nerve in his back. He was on 15 different medications and had solution shots daily. Regardless anything he kept being himself: happy, silly, curious little fluff. He would wait for me, looking in the window. As soon as I would enter the room he would jump around me as a puppy, making his cute crazy "happy dance", he was still bagging for food, barked at the door, wagged his tail. Lately he wasn't doing so well... Teddy would only eat from my hand so we would sit together on the floor and I would give him his food little by little. I would have to wake up at 4- 4:30 am to have time to finish up with my dogie and to get to work on time. It's day 5 since my little one is gone. I wake up at 4 o'clock in the morning and I don't know what to do with myself. It's snowing. Teddy loved, loooooooooooooved snow. He loved to be outside. Lately even little walk around the block would take us forever but he liked it... I have his leash next to me on a couch. I stare at it mindlessly. Can't believe Teddy is gone.  
MichelleKinkaid

Reply with quote  #3487 
I understand completely how you feel as do so many here. I wish I could offer words of wisdom but all I can do is share your feelings and let you know you are not alone in what you are experiencing. Thinking of you and sending you comfort.

Reply with quote  #3488 
Hi zhanchik69:
I know exactly what you are going through. Pal was 16 and a half years old. During his final year, his health took a downward spiral. Six months before he passed, I agreed to let the vet perform oral surgery on him. Eight teeth were pulled. During those last six months, just like with you and Teddy, I had to feed him by hand. He also lost his vision and his joints had weakened to the point where I would have to carry him when I took him outside to pee. Despite all of that, I never could imagine life without him and even after more than five years I still cry just thinking about him. You will always miss Teddy just like I will always miss Pal. That is the price that we pay for loving them so much. The only consolation is that both Teddy and Pal knew how much we loved them and they loved us back just as much if not more.

Joe

Reply with quote  #3489 
Hi Michelle:
It is so sad to hear of someone losing their beloved four-legged companion. When I hear of this I think back to my final days with Pal. It really never gets that much easier to deal with.

Joe

Reply with quote  #3490 
To Dearest Pal:
After 18 inches of snow, I went outside last night to clean out the end of my driveway where the snowplows had put more snow. After I finished I was heading back into the house when I slipped on some black ice. I fell on back and shoulder and now I am very sore. What is worse is that with my kidney failure, I cannot take any painkillers. I just have to suffer through it. At least Taz and I are spending a lot of time together.

I Love You,
                                                                        Joe

Reply with quote  #3491 
Oh no Joe ... so sorry about that darn snow and your fall. Hoping you are feeling better soon and that Taz is keeping you good company.
xoxo

Reply with quote  #3492 
So sorry you fell and ate hurting Joe. Please take care of yourself and get some rest. It is so nice you and Taz have eachother and I know your Pal is watching over both of you🙏🙏🙏💞🐾
zhanchik69

Reply with quote  #3493 
Hi, Joe. So sorry you are  felt and hurting! Can't even imagine how difficult it is to go through the pain without any meds...Thinking of you,
Zhanna
zhanchik69

Reply with quote  #3494 
Dear Michelle, thank you so much for kind words, it means a lot! 
zhanchik69

Reply with quote  #3495 
I remember the day I took Teddy in. I bought him in a pet store. Didn't plant to, wanted to adopt a shelter dog (my cat was rescued, I was glad I saved her and I wanted to get a dog from the animal pound too).  I was passing by the pet store and saw puppies in the window. They were cute, happy, playful. And only one wasn't. He was the smallest one (probably last in the litter); was sitting in the corner of the cage, shaking. He wasn't in a good shape: had some bald spots on his face, had pus in the corner of his eyes, pieces of dry poop were stuck in his fur. He looked absolutely miserable. I felt so bad for him. I knew right away I must have him. He was way-way-way more expensive than I could afford but at that moment it didn't really matter. I had no cash so I paid by credit card. I remember when I brought him home he was scared and cried. I took him on my laps, comforting him. He fell asleep, I didn't want to move so I wouldn't wake him up so I set still for hours. He was snoring and to me it was the most beautiful sound in the whole world. We were so happy!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.