Forum

Author   Comment   Page 218 of 219     «   Prev   215   216   217   218   219   Next
joeslepski

Reply with quote  #3256 
Juanita:
I actually pray for them.

Joe

Reply with quote  #3257 
To My Dearest Pal:
I just attended a support group for those who are coping with terminal conditions. It is amazing how brave and courageous some people actually are and how they never lose hope. I am not like that. I am glad that I made the decision not to undergo a transplant or dialysis. Going to the meetings make me realize that I am not the only one dealing with the end of his or her life.

I Love You,
                                                                               Joe

Reply with quote  #3258 
Joe

Even better!

Juanita

Reply with quote  #3259 
Hi Joe

I've always wondered whether you ever considered an end-of-life support group but never felt comfortable asking.  Was this your first meeting, and do you think you'll go back?

I believe that it's equally important to give as to receive in support groups.  Obviously, Rainbow Bridge is a perfect example.  If you continue to attend the terminal illness group, I know that you will be a source of comfort and inspiration for others.

Juanita

Reply with quote  #3260 
Hi Juanita:
I definitely will be going back. The people there are dealing with the same thing that I am dealing with. It is good to be able to talk to people who I can relate to.

Joe

Reply with quote  #3261 
To My Best Friend Pal:
I was doing a lot of outside work this morning. Its funny because I am doing all of this yard work and I will not even be living in my house much longer. Why do I bother? I guess it is because doing the day to day tasks keeps my mind off of my condition. I try not to dwell on it because I do not have any control over it.

I Love You,
                                                                                   Joe

Reply with quote  #3262 
To My Beloved Pal:
At the end I remember you stopped eating the pain was so great, you could not go on. For so many months you kept going on just o make me happy. I am not in any pain but I find it so hard to keep going on. In the past six weeks, I have lost 16 pounds. I now weigh 125 and I am over six feet tall. I really have lost my will to go on. Next Wednesday, I have more tests scheduled to see how much function my kidney has left. I am praying that it has very little remaining. I have done everything I have wanted to do in my life and I have lived a full life. Now, I am ready to cross over the bridge to be with you again.

I Love You,
                                                                                   Joe

Reply with quote  #3263 
I will miss you and your writings.  It will be like losing a best friend.  But, I believe you are ready and your time is soon.  You will have Pal back in your arms once again.  Blessed Journey My Friend.  God Bless You and Pal.

Katherine

Reply with quote  #3264 
Joe,
I'm glad that you are not in pain but it is heartbreaking to read of your decline in weight and desire not to go on. I know you loved your Pal and he loved you but please don't forget about Taz ... he's here and he loves you too. And you have friends out here also. I know it's not quite the same as having your buddy right there with you ... It's been 3 months and I miss my Rocky terribly. I just break down in tears at random times. I don't know how any of us gets through this sadness. I guess we can only hope.
Thinking of you and wishing you peace.

Reply with quote  #3265 
Hi Katherine:
Thank you. The doctor originally said that I would only make until November of 2018 so I have gotten almost an extra year. When I first received that news, I put all of my affairs in order and pretty much did everything that I wanted to do. Now it is a waiting game and that is hard.

Joe

Reply with quote  #3266 
Hi Michelle:
Thank you for the kind words. When Taz first came into my life almost five years ago I was worried because I was in my late fifties. My son promised me then that if anything did happen to me I would take Taz in. He spends a lot of time with Taz and they are very close so Taz will still have someone who loves him and takes care of him.

Joe

Reply with quote  #3267 
Dear Joe

You have the best little sherpa guiding you on this journey.  Trust that Pal will continue to be The Wind Beneath Your Wings until you are joyfully re-united.

Juanita

Reply with quote  #3268 
Juanita:
Thank you. Pal has been alongside me every step of the way. That is why I have absolutely no fear.

Joe

Reply with quote  #3269 
Joe,
You are a remarkable person and I too enjoy your writings. Your pure and complete love is so beautiful and obvious. I will miss you sharing your feelings, messages and wisdom.
Michelle

Reply with quote  #3270 
Michelle:
Sitting here writing down my thoughts to Pal every day has been a great therapy for me. So have the so many wonderful people like yourself who have expressed such kindness towards me.

Joe

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.