Forum

Author   Comment   Page 212 of 213     «   Prev   209   210   211   212   213   Next
JayTee

Reply with quote  #3166 
Dear Joe

What a sweet thing for you and Taz to do for the senior dogs.  Their human parents couldn't have picked two better sitters.

Juanita

Reply with quote  #3167 
Juanita:
It felt so good to do it. Older dogs sleep a lot, unlike Taz.

Joe

Reply with quote  #3168 
To My Beloved Pal:
I have been feeling pretty bad the last few days. I thought that maybe it had something to do with my condition but then I knew that next week will be five years. I am sure that I will be very upset all week. When I first lost you, I said that I wanted to join you. That is what I still wish. I am upset that my kidney is taking longer to totally shut down than what was originally thought. I miss you so much.

I Love You,
                                                                              Joe

Reply with quote  #3169 
To My Dearest Pal:
I could not sleep last night so at about 1:00 a.m. I went out for a walk. I walked for two hours. Lately I have been walking around a lot just thinking about you. It has been almost five years and the pain is just as bad as it was in the beginning. I miss your friendship so much.

I Love You,
                                                                                  Joe

Reply with quote  #3170 
Prayers Joe. I totally understand. I have a horrible migraine at the moment.
JayTee

Reply with quote  #3171 
Hi Joe and Mona's Mom

I know we are not the only three who understand that never-ending pain after losing our angels.  I've been  thinking about this a lot lately.  As  a lifelong animal lover, I have been privileged to have lived with and loved many....my largest indoor family at one time was five cats and Spike.

Each was special and connected with me in a special way.  Many sobs, tears and sleepless nights (yes, guilt too) have followed the passing of each beloved baby.  But never have I experienced a loss as deeply or as long as Spikey's.

The honest truth is that I cried every single day for 7 months after his passing.  People thought I had lost my mind, but I'd lost my heart to love.  At the tender age of 79, I now understand that the nearly 20 wonderful and special pets I have loved were giving me everything I ever hoped to be given by humans.  Sometimes our human egos get in the way of giving and receiving to and from other humans. 

I truly believe that animals are blessed with the absence of ego and so can freely give us things like love, respect, admiration, gratitude, honest communication, comfort and so much else while expecting nothing for themselves.  And, because we trust them, we are free to give and receive in return.

To Joe:  While reading about your wee-hours walk, I had the image of Pal walking quietly by your side.  Doing nothing unusual, just being there with you.  It was a beautiful sight.

To Mona's Mom:  I know the pain of your migraine will go away.  The pain of your loss will take longer, and waiting will test your patience.  But in time your tears of sadness will give way to smiles of happy memories and immense gratitude at having Mona Girl in your life.

Juanita

Reply with quote  #3172 
Hi Sheila:
Thank you for your prayers. I hope your migraine gets better. I know what you are going through with that.

Joe

Reply with quote  #3173 
Juanita:
I walk a lot lately. Usually early in the morning and sometimes late at night and I do talk to Pal all of the time when I am out there by myself.

Joe

Reply with quote  #3174 
To My Dearest Pal:
Another four days of hot weather is coming, At least summer is coming to an end. I spent the weekend down at the shore. Taz does not like it there but you always loved that place so when I was walking on the beach last night it was as if you were with me. I did make it up to Taz by stopping at the ice cream shop on the way home.

I Love You,
                                                                               Joe

Reply with quote  #3175 
To My Beloved Pal:
When Dan when into kindergarten in 1995 I signed him up to play soccer. I never played the game but they needed volunteers so I signed up to be a coach. For the next 10 years I always coached his teams. When he finally stopped playing I still was involved. I still coached, was a referee and for the past 23 years I was the President of the league. When you came into my life you were always there with me. When I coached, you were with me on the sideline. The kids would call you Coach Pal. When I would referee a game you would be on the sideline watching me. A couple of months ago my doctor told me that I should not do this anymore so I stepped down. Today I was walking past the soccer field and I stopped for a few minutes. In my mind it was 1998 all over again. Dan was a boy playing the game and I was on the sideline with you beside me. We were young again. I miss you so much.

I Love You,
                                                                                  Joe

Reply with quote  #3176 

Hi Joe,

What an absolutely delightful story! Thank you for sharing that with all of us here. How fun for Pal to be so involved in a sport! He must have really enjoyed being there and being a part of your coaching staff. Well done sir!

Cheers,
James
joeslepski

Reply with quote  #3177 
Hi James:
Thank you. I have so many wonderful memories of my 16 and a half years with Pal. Those memories bring a smile to my face.

Joe

Reply with quote  #3178 
To My Best Friend Pal:
During your last six months with me, you were in so much pain. I am so sorry that I allowed the vet to perform oral surgery on you. After that you never recovered and I prolonged your agony. It was so selfish of me. During those months you were never left alone. I was afraid that you could leave this life at any time and I did not want you to be alone when it happened. I slept on the floor next to your bed every night and if I had to leave someone was always there with you. Except for the night before I realized how sick you were. I went out for an hour that night. I am so sorry for that. I am also sorry that two days before we parted ways, I was replacing a toilet in my house. It was harder than I expected and out of frustration, I was frequently expressing anger at myself. I hope that you did not think that I could ever be angry at you. Please forgive me.

I Love You,
                                                                       Joe

Reply with quote  #3179 
Dear Joe

I often cry reading your stories, especially about Pal's last days, because there are so many similarities between your situation and mine.  And though we both took exceptional care of Pal and Spike for many years, our memories are clouded by a few things we would'a, should'a, could'a done differently toward the end of their lives.  I try to explain to myself rationally why two small incidents, driven by frustration and knowing he would die soon still keep me awake 13 years later.

They don't judge us, and I know they would not want us to judge ourselves.

Juanita

Reply with quote  #3180 
Joe, we all remember those last days and wish we had done something different. It’s very hard not to think of those things. When those thoughts come to mind I try to remember all of the years me and Boo had together and how happy he was. I know PAL was the same way, just a happy little boy. Like now when I read how you gave your boy ice cream, Boo never tasted that luxurious treat and I wish I would have given him some. So many what if’s and should haves. Like Juanita, I still lie awake some nights thinking of things I wish I had done and it’s trying.
Take care

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.