Forum

Author   Comment   Page 207 of 213     «   Prev   204   205   206   207   208   209   210   Next   »
joeslepski

Reply with quote  #3091 
Hi Juanita:
I actually just woke up from sleeping for the last two hours. When I came in the house and saw Taz eating those cookies, it was such a funny sight, however, I also knew that he was going to get sick. He sits and watches me when I get sick so many times, I can sit with him this once.

Joe

Reply with quote  #3092 

You and Taz hold vigils over one another.

This happened with my Marmalade and I too. We were both chronically ill. We had times where we were okay, but quite often we were not. It was either my going to the ER/Hospital (I almost died from severe Anemia last year) or him going to the Vet's / Animal Hospitals.

It is remarkable how these little, enchanting animals can be so loyal and devoted even when we are not feeling well. 

: )
joeslepski

Reply with quote  #3093 
Memories_of_Marmalade:
It is amazing how our pets know when we are not feeling well and then they try their best to make us feel better.

Joe

Reply with quote  #3094 
To My Dearest Pal:
After being abnormally cold until the end of June, it has been in the nineties every day since then and it is expected to stay hot for the rest of July. That means I have to take Taz for his walks either in the morning or at night. He does not mind though, he just loves loves to get out and see the other dogs.

I Love You,
                                                                        Joe

Reply with quote  #3095 
Hope you are feeling better Joe and back with Taz as soon as possible.

Reply with quote  #3096 
Hi Michelle:
Thank you for asking.I am feeling a little bit better and after a few days Taz came back too my house.

Joe

Reply with quote  #3097 
To My Beloved Pal:
Even after all of these years, Taz does not like riding in the car. He will never sit still and he barks and cries a lot. When he was with his former human companion, he never rode un the car unless it was to go to the vet's. You loved riding in the car. You would sit on the passenger and sleep. When we got with a mile from home, you would jump on my lap and sit straight up as though you were driving the car. I wish that I had taken a picture of that.

I Love You,
                                                                                        Joe

Reply with quote  #3098 
I wish I had many more pictures of my Rocky and all my pets and family ... that is something we seem to notice after they are gone and what we have is all we are ever going to have. Makes our hearts sad even more.
Hope you are feeling better and enjoying having Taz back with you.
xo

Reply with quote  #3099 
Hi Michelle::
I have many pictures of Pal but I cannot look at them without crying. Like you with Rocky, I still have many pictures of Pal stored in my memory.

Joe

Reply with quote  #3100 
To My Dearest Pal:
On Sunday I went to visit an old friend who lives 80 miles away. I was going to take Taz with me but I realized how much he dislikes riding in a car so I had him spend the day with Dan and they went out for ice cream.

I Love You,
                                                                  Joe

Reply with quote  #3101 
To My Beloved Pal:
I know that this sounds strange but I am disappointed that I am still around. The doctor originally told me that my kidney would totally shut down by the end of 2018. I am glad that I have had this extra time to spend with Taz but I had accepted my diagnosis and had put all of my affairs in order. My kidney could shut down at any time and the uncertainty is wearing on me. I miss you so much and I just want to be with you again. 

I Love You,
                                                                           Joe

Reply with quote  #3102 
To My Best Friend Pal:
We had big storms last night. The thunder and lightning actually scared Taz. He never has been scared by storms before. You were always calm during storms. We went through hurricanes, ice storms, tornadoes and blizzards together. Everybody would be worried except for you. Just looking at how calm you were was always so reassuring.

I Love You,
                                                                                 Joe

Reply with quote  #3103 
To My Dearest Pal:
For the next three days it is going to be more than 100 degrees outside. They said this is the hottest July in history and so you and went through some real hot July's. It is only going to last three days though. This weekend Taz and I will stay in the air-conditioned house. I will walk very early in the morning.

I Love You,
                                                                        Joe

Reply with quote  #3104 
Hi Joe

You and Taz have the right idea.  I and my two cats are lying around in the AC doing zip.  If I stuck my finger in a battery charger right now, I bet my energy level wouldn't even register.

I have a must-do errand later today, and just thinking about going out is making me sweat.  The cats are laughing because they don't even have to go outdoors to pee 'n' poop!

The word is that we should have relief next week...do I hear an AMEN?

You guys stay cool,
Juanita

Reply with quote  #3105 
Hi Juanita:
It is supposed to be nice up here also starting on Monday. Like you, I also do not have a lot of energy in this heat, but I complained for months about the cold so I am not going to say much now. I hope that you and you cats stay cool this weekend.

Joe

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.