Forum

Author   Comment   Page 203 of 218     «   Prev   200   201   202   203   204   205   206   Next   »
joeslepski

Reply with quote  #3031 
To My Best Friend Pal:
As I look back on my life I never really let anybody get close to me. I never really had any close friends. I have even been distant from my own family. I was the same way with you but you never gave up on me. You kept trying to get close. It took years but it finally happened and I am so thankful that it did. I had more than 16 years with you and I would not trade that happiness for anything else. I miss you so much.

I Love You,
                                                                                            Joe 

Reply with quote  #3032 

'To My Best Friend Pal:

As I look back on my life I never really let anybody get close to me. I never really had any close friends. I have even been distant from my own family. I was the same way with you but you never gave up on me. You kept trying to get close. It took years but it finally happened and I am so thankful that it did. I had more than 16 years with you and I would not trade that happiness for anything else. I miss you so much."

I can totally relate to your feelings Joe. All my life (I'm 57) I wanted a "Best Friend." And finally, 4.2 years ago, Marmalade (my cat) became that for me. I had friends, acquaintances, associates & colleagues over the years true, but Marmalade never lied to me, used me, betrayed me, hurt me, insulted me, or attempted to destroy my life. He was kind, loving, and true.

joeslepski

Reply with quote  #3033 
Memories of Marmalade:
You felt the same way about Marmalade that I felt about Pal. They were are most loyal and loving friends.

Joe

Reply with quote  #3034 
To My Dearest Pal:
I wish that I was as close to Taz as I was to you but that would be impossible. Nobody could ever be as close to me as you were. I love Taz and I know that he loves me but there is a distance between us. Maybe I do not want him to get too close to me because my life could be over at any time and I do not want him to be heartbroken.

I Love You,
                                                                                        Joe

Reply with quote  #3035 
To My Beloved Pal:
I opened up the house on the shoreline this past weekend. I do not know how much I will be able to use it this summer. It depends on my health. You loved that place. Unlike the regular house, that house has an upstairs, you would love to go running up and down the stairs. You also loved the idea of having more paces to hide where I could try to find you. You also loved to go working down to the ocean even though I would have to carry you most of the way. Of course the highlight would be when the ice cream truck would come. You could hear that music a mile away. Normally you would eat an ice cram sandwich between it was really hot you would have a strawberry fruit bar. You and I had some great times there.

I Love You,
                                                                       Joe

Reply with quote  #3036 
To My Best Friend Pal:
I was out with Taz yesterday. We were in the car running a quick errand. I was intending to go straight home. We drove past the street where the your favorite ice cream shop is and he sat straight up in the car and started to bark just like you used to do. Of course I stopped and got 2 cups of vanilla and after he ate this he ate most of mine just like you used to always do.

I Love You,
                                                                Joe

Reply with quote  #3037 
To My Dearest Pal:
It is almost summer but it does not feel like it. We have had a record amount of rainfall this spring, it has poured the last three days. It also has been very cool. There has not been any 90 degree days so far. Summer is short as it is, if the weather is not summer like it feels very strange.

I Love You,
                                                                          Joe 

Reply with quote  #3038 
To My Beloved Pal:
Taz has had a bit of a stomach bug the last two days so I have been taking extra special care of him. You did not like it when I made a big fuss when you were sick. You just wanted me to pet you and to talk softly to you. I miss you so much.

I Love You,
                                                                 Joe

Reply with quote  #3039 
To My Best Friend Pal:
It is amazing but dogs will never disappoint you or let you down. They will never hurt you and they will always try to make you happy and love you. It is too bad that humans (including myself) cannot live like that. Pets make the world such a better place.

I Love You,

Joe

Reply with quote  #3040 
Hello there Joe,
I certainly do agree about dogs never letting us down but Joe I do think you’re someone who makes this world a better place. Pal and now Taz would attest to that I’m sure!
I hope Taz is feeling better. Take Care,
Sam
joeslepski

Reply with quote  #3041 
Hi Sam:
Thank you so much for the nice words. I like to think that Pal and Taz have made me a better person. I learn so much from them.

Joe

Reply with quote  #3042 
To My Best Friend Pal:
I have outlived what the doctor told me my life expectancy was by more than six months. The strange thing about kidney failure is that there are not any symptoms at all until the kidney totally shuts down. I guess that I should be happy that I am still here but when I first got my diagnosis, I made all of my final arrangements and had prepared myself for passing at that time. My kidney function continues to decrease (it is impossible to increase) so I know that it is going to happen. I just do not know exactly when.

I Love You,
                                                                           Joe

Reply with quote  #3043 
To My Beloved Pal:
Since I last saw you almost five years ago, I have been writing messages to you on this site at least five times a week. It is something that I promised that I would do back on that dark day of August 25, 2014. I made the promise because I was afraid that I would forget you. I know now that I can never forget you. I write to you because for those few monists when I am in front of my computer I really feel like you are here with me and I am actually talking to you. It really is the nicest part of my day.

I Love You,
                                                                                         Joe

Reply with quote  #3044 
To My Dearest Pal:
I really regret that I wasted so much of my life by having negative thoughts and being consumed by bad feelings towards others. You taught me how wrong that was. You were always forgiving and loving and accepting of others. I have tried to be that way as a tribute to way and it has made me feel so much better about myself. I still have setbacks but I have to keep trying.

I Love You,
                                                                         Joe

Reply with quote  #3045 
To My Best Friend Pal:
I saw a motorcycle drive by yesterday and thought back on how you loved motorcycles. One tome I had a friend over visiting who had a motorcycle and you were amazed by it. He then had me get on the seat in back of him and I was holding you and he drove very slowly for a few feet. You were so happy. It brought back memories of when I owned motorcycles back in my younger days.

I Love You,
                                                                          Joe

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.