Forum

Author   Comment   Page 201 of 207     «   Prev   198   199   200   201   202   203   204   Next   »
joeslepski

Reply with quote  #3001 
To My Best Friend Pal:
I think back to the Memorial Day Parade when you were young. When Dan was young he would march in the parade with his Little League team and I was the coach so I would march too. You would always come to the parade and watch us march. After the parade, the young people who marched were given ice cream. A lot of the children would share their ice cream with you. That was probably one of your favorite days of the year. I have not been to the Memorial Day Parade in many years but I will always have those great memories.

I Love You,
                                                                      Joe

Reply with quote  #3002 
Dear Joe

Thanks for the lovely image of children sharing their ice cream with Pal.

May those happy memories continue to feed your soul.

Juanita

Reply with quote  #3003 
Juanita:
Those memories are with me forever. Have a nice holiday weekend.

Joe

Reply with quote  #3004 
To My Beloved Pal:
Me and Taz just got home from the Memorial Day ceremony in my hometown. I showed him the statue with the names of all of the Vietnam veterans from town and I pointed out my name on it. We then stopped off for some ice cream (of course he also ate most of mine, just like you always did). In a few minutes we will be going for a walk. The weather is finally nice.

I Love You,
                                                           Joe

Reply with quote  #3005 
To My Best Friend Pal:
I was sitting at home last evening when a called. At the end of last week, his wife was diagnosed with inoperable cancer. I felt so sad for them. I am so lucky that with my condition there is not any pain, so many people suffer. I am really blessed. I visited them for awhile. There is very little that I can say but I wanted her to know that I understand what going through the end of life feels like. In my case I always say that finding out that I was going to die actually taught me how to live. Also a year ago I was told that I had six months left to live and I am still here. Each day really is a gift that should not be wasted.

I Love You,
                                                                                   Joe

Reply with quote  #3006 
Joe,

You did a lovely thing for that woman.  I'm sure it helped her more than you know.

Juanita

Reply with quote  #3007 
Juanita:
I have said it many, many times but I am so lucky. It is said that when it is time to pass on, the best way is due to kidney failure. There is not any suffering at all until the very end.

Joe

Reply with quote  #3008 
To My Best Friend Pal:
A little over a year ago, the doctor told me that I had six months left to live. My kidney function continues to go down and I am officially in end stage renal failure meaning that my kidney can shut down at any time. I can be officially designated as handicapped. I can get a handicapped parking permit. I can also go onto Medicare but so far I have not done any of those things because I feel pretty good. Each day is now a gift and I want to get as much out of each day as I can. To me that means spending a lot of time with Taz to let him know how much he is loved. I know that it can all end at any time but everything has been planned and is in order. Sometimes I get a little bit down but then I think of how brave you were and then I look forward to you and I being together again.

I Love You,
                                                                             Joe

Reply with quote  #3009 
Hi Joe,

I wrote this poem yesterday. I hope that it gives you some comfort. As we want our pets to be happy. they wish the very same for us.  We are happy when our loved ones are also.
As Pal watches over you, let him see you smile.  He is in heaven and is in a happy place but there is one thing that would make him wag his tail even more and that is to see you happy.

<3 Love From Above <3
Animals come in all shapes and sizes
And our pets are full of surprises
Their love is unconditional, with no flaws
Whether they have wings, fins scales or paws
Life without them are our worst fears
When they do cross, we shed many tears
We must take comfort when we do grieve
Knowing that they never completely leave
As we hold the memories dear in our heart
Our pets are with us and are not apart
They know we miss them and we are full of emotion
Would accept us crying a river yet never an ocean
Our goodbyes are not final yet only for a while
When we meet again. We'll greet them with a smile
By Trish Rowley
JayTee

Reply with quote  #3010 
Trish,

Just beautiful.  We all need to read and remember your words.

Juanita

Reply with quote  #3011 
Trish:
What a beautiful poem. Thank you so much. It has been almost five years since I lost Pal and I still grieve.

Joe

Reply with quote  #3012 
Juanita:
Trish's poem was so touching and warm. It is so true.

Joe

Reply with quote  #3013 
To My Dearest Pal:
It has been almost five years since you and I last saw each other. I miss you more than ever. The hole in my heart has never closed. The love that I have for you is still there with you. The house still seems empty without you even though Taz is here. I hope that we are together again very soon.

I Love You,
                                                                                  Joe

Reply with quote  #3014 
To My Beloved Pal:
I am getting ready to leave for the Doctor's for the second round of testing this morning. It is strange but I hope that the kidney function will be decreasing at an even faster rate. I have done everything that I have needed to do from a legal sense and there is not really anything left that I really want to see or do. I have had a good and a full life and I was so lucky to have had you with me for more than 16 years. I know that I am going to a place where you will be waiting for me.

I Love You,
                                                                                        Joe

Reply with quote  #3015 
To My Best Friend Pal:
Yesterday I was outside working in the backyard. I looked at the sliding glass door that looks out on the yard where you used to always sit and watch me work. For almost five years that window has been empty but as a force of habit I still look towards it. Yesterday when I looked in that direction for the first time ever Taz was sitting there watching me. He has never done that before. When I saw him sitting there I actually thought that it was you for a minute. I am sure that you were there with Taz.

I Love You,
                                                                             Joe

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.