Forum

Author   Comment   Page 200 of 207     «   Prev   197   198   199   200   201   202   203   Next   »
joeslepski

Reply with quote  #2986 
To My Best Friend Pal:
When I woke up this morning there was actually a little bit of snow on the ground. Here it is the middle of May and it is March weather. Of the 14 days in the month so far, only three have been sunny. New England weather. You were used to it, being from Minnesota. By Sunday though, it is supposed to be 85 degrees and sunny.

I Love You,
                                                                                 Joe

Reply with quote  #2987 
To My Dearest Pal:
Another rainy, cold day. It has rained 13 out of the last 15 days. Poor Taz is wondering what happened to the sun. I am going now to the kidney doctor and have some tests done. 

I Love You,
                                                                     Joe

Reply with quote  #2988 
To My Best Friend Pal:
One memory that I have of you is how proud you were. You always walked around with your head held up high. Also, if you were trying to do something you did not want anyone to help you with it. I think back to you last six months. How hard it must have been for you. You could not walk because your joints would give out so I had to carry you everywhere. I also had to feed you by hand. You still kept fighting because you wanted to keep pleasing me. I was so selfish. I am so sorry. As I deal with my own end of life condition, I do not to be kept alive by extraordinary means. Please forgive me.

I Love You,
                                                                                  Joe

Reply with quote  #2989 
To My Beloved Pal:
Last night I received I phone call from an acquaintance of mine. He was planning to run the Nutmeg State Marathon today. He had raised money for charity but he was too sick to run so he asked me to run instead. I just ran a marathon 12 days ago bit it was only a mile from my house so I agreed to run/walk it. The nice thing was Taz was able to watch me run part of the race. It felt good that he was there along with you who were with me for the whole 26.2 miles.

I Love You,
                                                                      Joe   

Reply with quote  #2990 
Joe

You never cease to amaze me.  I did weekly grocery shopping yesterday and spent most of today "recovering" on the couch.  Those cupcakes and potato chips are heavy!

Your #1 Fan (besides Pal and Taz)

Reply with quote  #2991 
Hi Juanita:
Thank you. I actually just shuffle along now and it takes me about seven hours to do the race. I always ask my doctor if I can do it before I try.

Joe

Reply with quote  #2992 
To My Best Friend Pal:
It is finally a sunny day today which means yard work and then later I can take Taz out for a walk. We have had so much rain this spring and it has been cold but next week it will be warming up.

I Love You,
                                                                         Joe

Reply with quote  #2993 
To My Beloved Pal:
Today is Taz's birthday. I have spent the whole day with him. I got him his favorite cookies from the bakery and we just got home from the ice cream shop. Just like you, he loves to eat a cup of vanilla and then eat most of mine. Now I am making him a ribeye steak on the grill and then he will get his presents. Today is his special day. I know that you are here enjoying it with us.

I Love You,
                                                                           Joe

Reply with quote  #2994 
That us such a wonderful way to spend the day with Taz and include Pal. You are such a wonderful person and so inspiring. Happy Birthday to TazπŸŽ‚πŸ˜‡πŸΎπŸ•
JayTee

Reply with quote  #2995 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAZ!!!  I HOPE THAT YOU HAD A LOVELY DAY WITH FUR ANGEL PAL AND YOUR DADDY JOE. I KNOW FOR SURE THAT YOUR TUMMY IS HAPPY!

JUANITA

Reply with quote  #2996 
neesy369:
Thank you. Taz had a great day.

Joe

Reply with quote  #2997 
Hi Juanita:
Thank you. Taz had a great day and it was fun for me also.

Joe

Reply with quote  #2998 
To My Dearest Pal:
I just got back from a funeral. The gentleman was 85 years old. Having a terminal illness has given me many gifts, one of which is empathy for others. I never used to be like that. Of course, you also taught me about that. I am so sorry that I wasted so many years of my life being so selfish. You, along with my condition, have been my salvation. I am so grateful that I received these gifts before it was too late.

I Love You,
                                                                          Joe

Reply with quote  #2999 
To My Best Friend Pal:
When I was running/walking the marathon last week, it was only a mile from my house so I had my Dan take Taz so he could see me. It was on a golf course and we circled around it, so every two miles Taz could see me coming. It was such a nice sight to see him and whenever he saw me he would run with me for a few steps. He went back home after a couple of hours but I still have that memory of him trying to run alongside of me.

I Love You,
                                                                                Joe

Reply with quote  #3000 
To My Beloved Pal:
The first thing I do every morning is to sit with Taz on my lap for about an hour. He just curls up on me. It was harder for you. I was still working then so you were home by yourself for most of the day. I only worked a mile from home so at lunch and during my breaks I would come home to check up on you but you were pretty alone for most of the day. You were 12 years old when I retired. I wish that you and I had spent more time together during your first 12 years.

I Love You,
                                                                         Joe

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.