Forum

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 176      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   Next   »
MurphysMom_0831

Reply with quote  #16 
Hi Joe,

We chatted together the other night. I know you're suffering terribly and questioning yourself about everything that happened with Pal. However, your wife and son need you, too. Please don't forget that. I do understand your desire to join Pal as I feel the same way about my Murphy. Back in January when Murphy was just fine, he put the thought in my mind to get a puppy so he would have a playmate. I got Spencer, another Golden Retriever, in March at 8 weeks old. I wish he and Murphy had been able to have more time together, but it didn't work out that way to my dismay. I'm a single person without any family anywhere near me. Murphy was my entire life. But I do have Spencer and a parrot named Grady. I absolutely have to be here to take care of them, just as you have to be there for your wife and son. Knowing the grief and torment in losing Pal, please do not make them go through even more by losing you. Every life has a purpose. Sometimes it takes us awhile to figure out what it is but eventually we will. I think it's normal to look forward to joining our furbabies when it is truly our time. I look forward to being with Murphy again more than words can say. The loneliness without him is unbearable. However, neither Pal nor Murphy would want us to join them at the price of our family. We have to go through this unfathomable grief and somehow, eventually, work our way through it. Please be gentle to yourself and be strong as others are counting on you, too. Pal would want it that way, I'm sure.

I wish you peace and many happy memories of your dear Pal,
Murphy's Mom (Kathryn)

"Sometimes there is a dog who is so special, he is able to wrap himself so completely around your heart it is impossible to tell where you begin and he ends."  For My Beloved Murphy, 08/31/2004 - 06/18/2014

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/MURPH121/Resident.htm

http://s327.photobucket.com/user/kathrynbrown1626/library/?sort=6&page=1
judylinn

Reply with quote  #17 
Joe...I felt just like you do when I first lost Maddie. I have no family anywhere and the loss was profound. It's going to take some time for it to get better. I went to see a councellor because it felt too much for me to handle alone. I know there are pet bereavment people who truly understand the depth of your loss. Pal would want you to live your life and you are honoring the love he gave you by living it...anything else wouldn't be honoring of all that love he gave you.
It's only been a few days...this is going to take much longer than that..when I didn't think I could stand it one minute longer...I got on the pet loss chat where people are there in real time.  not the chat at the bottom of the page...but there is an actual chat room. I found that it really helped me.
I will keep you in my prayers...Blessings..Judylinn
joeslepski

Reply with quote  #18 
Kathryn and Judylin:
Thank you so much for your kind words. Without people like you I could have never survived this past week. We are going to look at another dachshund tomorrow. I feel a little guilty because I feel I am being disloyal to Pal but I do need another dog in my life. Again, thank you so much for being there for me

Reply with quote  #19 
Hi Joe...the important thing to remember when you go look at another dog ...is too not want that dog to be the same as Pal....they can never be that....and sometimes the pairing doesn't work just because of that. I understand about needing another dog...I have never gotten one, but I have looked after other people's dogs since Maddie passed  4 years ago. I don't get my own because of my health issues.
As long as you don't have unfair expectations of this new dog. you have to do what you think is right for you. Pal only will want you to love....Blessings...Judylinn
joeslepski

Reply with quote  #20 
I miss Pal all the time, but I think we are going to adopt Taz. He does not look a bit like Pal and his personality is different too

Reply with quote  #21 
I am so sorry for your loss, but the intensity of the pain you feel now will lessen in the days that follow.  This sediment seems like just hollow words, but I write about what I went through in my journey through grief. Nothing can ever replace Pal. He was your friend and confidant, and I believe he wants you to have a happy life until you meet again.

Reply with quote  #22 
Thank you for the kind words. Pal was my best friend and I will never forget him

Reply with quote  #23 
Hi Joe,
I just read your message to Lee on his thread. I am so happy for you that the meeting with Taz went well and you are going to adopt him.  I agree totally with your comment about some good coming from something tragic.  Yes, you had to say goodbye to Pal and that is devastating, but because of your life with Taz and because he had to leave for Rainbow Bridge, you have now been fortunate enough to meet another member of your family in Taz.  Pal has once again blessed your life by bringing you to Taz.  He continues to bring love and companionship into your life, even though he can no longer be right by your side.  Bella has done that for me too.  I still miss her dearly and would love to have her back, but I am grateful to her for bringing Charli and Buddy into our lives.  We really are so very lucky to be blessed by our wonderful, loving companions.
Taz will never replace Pal.  We do not replace relationships....we build new, different ones.  Your heart will love them both and your life will be filled with joy and love from a furry friend once more.
Pal would be so proud of you.  
Now you just have to contain your excitement while you wait to be able to collect Taz and bring him home.  Best wishes to you.

My gorgeous girl, Bella  26/07/2004 - 03/04/2014
"You were once by our side, but you will be forever in our hearts. Until we meet again baby girl."
Katel

Reply with quote  #24 
Joe,   I've been following your posts and am delighted that you will be bringing
a dear little dog into your home again.  Taz will in no way replace Pal but he will be an
individual personality in his own right  and as you grow to love him I can just imagine
Pal smiling down at you both and nodding yes. 
Perhaps you might post photos soon, I'd love to see Taz.

Blessings
Kate 
joeslepski

Reply with quote  #25 
I am excited about Taz coming into my life. It will be a challenge for both us us but Pal taught me how to love a dog and I will let memories of him guide me

Reply with quote  #26 
My Best Friend Pal:
It has been 8 days since you left us. There is not a moment that goes by when I do not think of you. Lorraine and Dan also miss you so much. Eventually we will be getting a new dog. His name is Taz and he needs a home. Please Pal, do not think he is replacing you. Your love, friendship and even wisdom can never be replaced. It is just that the house id so lonely and empty without you. Everything I do reminds me of moments I spent with you. When I am talking care of Taz, I will ask you for advice and I know you will answer me in your own way. You will never be forgotten. Love you always

Joe

Reply with quote  #27 
To My Best Friend Pal:
I try to put on a brave face but when I am thinking of you, the tears keep falling. It has been three and a half weeks since you left and my love for you keeps getting stronger. Even though you are not physically here, I still sleep on the floor next to your bed every night. I still picture you on the vet's table at the end, I should have done so much more for you and I will always live with that. Eventually Taz will be coming home to live with us. I will love him but that love will not replace the love I have for you. When I go outside and I see people going by I remember how you always barked at them. I miss that barking so much. I still cannot wait until I am at the Rainbow Bridge and we cross over together. I love you

Joe

Reply with quote  #28 
Oh Joe I am so sorry.  I know that hurt feeling and I so do not want to feel this again.  My Max has been gone now for 3 weeks.  My husband thinks I'm crazy because I say good morning and good night to Max every day by his Urn.  If I knew how to be normal again, I would.  

You have come to the best place for support, Joe.

I do have another Cocker Spaniel Mr. Gordy.  I adopted him when Max was 3.  He would not be the dog he is today if not for Max training him.  

Max was very playful and so attuned to me.  Gordy is very mellow and doesn't like playing at all.  I love Gordy, but Max took me through a divorce and my kids moving out of the house. He was always here and loved me.  

I know in Gordy's little way he misses Max too.  

Good Luck with your new dog and hug him lots.

Kat Max's mom.

Reply with quote  #29 
Hi Kat:
Pal has also been gone for three weeks. My wife also thinks I should move on but it is so hard. I constantly think of Pal. When I do not think of him, I feel guilty that I am not thinking of him. That is why when we get another dog, it will be hard. Thank you for your support

Reply with quote  #30 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeslepski
To My Best Friend Pal:
I try to put on a brave face but when I am thinking of you, the tears keep falling. It has been three and a half weeks since you left and my love for you keeps getting stronger. Even though you are not physically here, I still sleep on the floor next to your bed every night. I still picture you on the vet's table at the end, I should have done so much more for you and I will always live with that. Eventually Taz will be coming home to live with us. I will love him but that love will not replace the love I have for you. When I go outside and I see people going by I remember how you always barked at them. I miss that barking so much. I still cannot wait until I am at the Rainbow Bridge and we cross over together. I love you

Joe

Hi Joe,

I know just how you're feeling. Today is 3 months since my Murphy went to the Rainbow Bridge. I always slept on the couch with him lying right in front of it so I could rub his belly and feel him breathe. I'm still sleeping there every night. I was thinking about his last hour myself today though I try not to focus on that horrible scene. There are days when I do little but cry and I always remember Murphy. He was a big barker at everyone and everything outside, too, and guarded the whole neighborhood. His little "brother" Spencer does help ease the loneliness, keeps me occupied, and I'm very thankful to have him as well as my parrot, Grady. In January I'm getting Spencer's aunt (his mother's sister). She's 4 years old and I know she will help fill the void in my heart and home even more. When Taz comes to live with you it really will help keep your mind occupied and give you someone to hug and touch again. He'll never replace Pal of course, but Pal will guide you and Taz so that you'll become great friends and companions.

Wishing you many happy memories of Pal and a wonderful future with Taz,
Murphy's Mom (Kathryn)

"Sometimes there is a dog who is so special, he is able to wrap himself so completely around your heart it is impossible to tell where you begin and he ends."  For My Beloved Murphy, 08/31/2004 - 06/18/2014

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/MURPH121/Resident.htm

http://s327.photobucket.com/user/kathrynbrown1626/library/?sort=6&page=1
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.