Forum

Author   Comment   Page 198 of 212     «   Prev   195   196   197   198   199   200   201   Next   »
joeslepski

Reply with quote  #2956 
To My Beloved Pal:
For so long after you left I felt that my life no longer had any purpose. Taz was a help but it just was not the same. When you were with me I felt that we needed each other even though I needed you far more than you needed me. It was not until the end when you were sick that you needed me. I can honestly say now that I finally have a purpose in my life. Even though my kidney can totally shut down at any time I am getting the most out of every day. I really do not feel that I was a very good example of how to live but I aam determined to show people that it is possible to die with dignity and to be positive the entire time. You taught me so much about living but you you taught how to face death. I will see you soon at the Rainbow Bridge.

I Love You,
                                                                              Joe

Reply with quote  #2957 
Joe

WOW!  I guess the word is out.  Once it gets around, I you may be too busy to run marathons!!!

This must be what is meant by the words "a purposeful life".  I know that Pal and your higher being are arranging all this.  There is no doubt that involvement with Rainbow Bridge  has given you the skills, sensitivity and compassion to help others.

Bless you.
Juanita

Reply with quote  #2958 
Juanita:
Pal taught me to have empathy toward others but most importantly he showed he in his last few months how much joy your last days can bring to others. He brought me so much happiness.

Joe

Reply with quote  #2959 
To My Beloved Pal:
May 4, 1998 was the day that you came into my life. Up until that point I never liked dogs. When I delivered newspapers when I was young some dogs used to chase me so I was always afraid of them. Dan was only seven years old at the time and he wanted a dog and it was you. I remember coming home and seeing you there. I did not know how to act. I went and got a glass of water and sat down. You jumped on my lap and then you started drinking the water out of my glass. It took me so many years to show you how much that I really loved you but you never gave up on me. You gave me so much happiness and now you still give me strength. Please remember who I am when I arrive at the Rainbow Bridge.

I Love You And Miss You,
                                                                             Joe

Reply with quote  #2960 
Joe,

Love this one.  Successful first meetings often involve a glass of wine.  Despite the difference in your choice of beverage, it was the beginning of a lifelong love affair.

Not only will Pal be waiting for you at the bridge, he might even bring a glass of water to share....but there will definitely be ice cream!

JJuanita

Reply with quote  #2961 
Hi Juanita:
Never in my wildest imagination did I ever see myself becoming a dog lover. I was in my forties at that time and was content to go my while life without ever living with a dog. Things really changed (for the better) because of Pal.

Joe

Reply with quote  #2962 
To My Best Friend Pal:
Sitting down here and writing messages to you is the best part of my day. When you first left I wrote to you because I was afraid that I would forget you but over these close to five years it has become a way of talking to you every day. When you were with me I would always tell you what was on my mind and I am still doing that. Thank you for always being here for me.

I Love You,
                                                                                       Joe

Reply with quote  #2963 
To My Beloved Pal:
I am having a hard time the last couple of days dealing with my condition. Knowing that my kidney could shut down at any time is getting hard on me. I wish that it would just shut  down now instead of dealing with the uncertainty day after day.

I Love You,
                                                                    Joe

Reply with quote  #2964 
Dear Joe,

I'm sorry you get these feelings of uneasiness, but their normal.  You just work through them. God and Pal are with you.  And we are all praying for you. I will miss you and I am thankful to have had you in my life, as our dogs, left us just days apart. I am happy to know that I can go back and read all your posts, to help me keep going even after your gone.  In my head and heart I can feel you smiling with Pal.  When you get to the Rainbow Bridge you will feel the peace and serenity. If we all knew what it was like, we would never ask for our Fur Babies to come back. God be with you and guide you. Keep up your strength and will. I will always pray for you and think of you.  Thank you for being my Rainbow Bridge Friend.
Katherine

Reply with quote  #2965 
Hi Katherine:
Thank you for the kind words. You and so many others here have been so supportive of me through this journey. I truly appreciate your thoughtfulness.

Joe

Reply with quote  #2966 
To My Beloved Pal:
I was watching an interview on television with Alex Trebek of Jeopardy, who is battling pancreatic cancer. He said that the hardest part of his ordeal was the sudden bouts of sadness that he experiences. This was the first time that I heard someone else describe what I am feeling and being that we are both dealing with terminal illnesses, I immediately could relate to him. He comments made me feel that what I am going through is normal. Those who do not have any experience with a situation like this just do not understand. How can they? I write to you constantly because you also went through this and you went through it with dignity always trying to please others. I miss you so much.

I Love You,
                                                                              Joe

Reply with quote  #2967 
To My Best Friend Pal:
April was the second rainiest month in history. It rained 22 out of 30 days and we had 18 days with absolutely no sun. So fay May has also been cold and rainy and it is going to stay that way at least through the weekend. Maybe that is the reason that I am feeling a bit down. When the weather is like this I miss you more than ever.

I Love You,
                                                                          Joe

Reply with quote  #2968 
Hi Joe,

I'm think it's great that you heard Alex Trebek and felt less alone.  It's true that you sometimes just cannot explain something like this to one who has not been through it.

You may remember my telling you that I began experiencing depression in grade school.  Back in the "dark ages" there was little awareness of childhood depression.  It was many years before I found medication that helps and that I still take.

But, like you, I pretty much gave up sharing my condition with "normal people" whose best advice was "Just snap out of it" or "Take a little vacation".  There was no way they could understand how helpless I felt.

And, of course, you always have your personal therapist, Dr. Pal, to talk to!!

Juaita

Reply with quote  #2969 
Hi Juanita:
For so many years I was ignorant about depression. I never thought that it was an illness. How wrong I was. One of my biggest regrets was that I was not more sympathetic to those who suffer from it. When I finally experienced it I knew how devastating it can be. Having a terminal illness and depression, I personally think dealing with the terminal illnesses so much easier. At least I know that it is going to come to an end.

Joe

Reply with quote  #2970 
Hi Kasey:
Thank you for checking up on me. It has been raining almost every day for the last month with more predicted for this week. My lawn is growing so high it is hard to keep up with it. Soon it will be summer. I am lucky. This condition is relatively pain free until the very end, so I have no limitations. I really am blessed in that regard.

Joe

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.