Forum

Author   Comment   Page 175 of 176     «   Prev   172   173   174   175   176   Next
joeslepski

Reply with quote  #2611 
To My Beloved Pal:
Only another month until the holidays are over. Of course in my situation I cannot plan that far ahead so I just have to go day by day. At least I feel pretty good. I think back to how you suffered and you never cried. You were is brave. People wonder how I can go through my own illness now in a positive way and the reason is that you inspired me to handle it with dignity. Whenever I start to feel a little bit sorry for myself, I think of how brave you were. You are my hero.

I Love You,
                                                                                    Joe

Reply with quote  #2612 
Animals are wonderful that way aren’t they Joe? so brave and stoic. I’m glad to hear you’re feeling okay.
Your pal was one amazing guy!
Sam
joeslepski

Reply with quote  #2613 
Hi Sam:
You are right, our pets are so brave. Pal taught me how to deal with a life ending condition with courage and dignity.

Joe

Reply with quote  #2614 
To My Beloved Pal:
Thursday is Dan's birthday. When you came into my life he was just  a little boy. You two grew up together. I remember that every year on his birthday, the Christmas tree would already be up and when he got his presents, you thought it was Christmas Day. You loved to open presents so you would open his. I started buying you presents and I would wrap them up so you would have something to open also. Then you would love to eat some birthday cake. I think you had a better time than he did.

I Love You,
                                                             Joe 

Reply with quote  #2615 
To My Best Friend Pal:
I feel that you are the only one that I can talk to. It is so hard facing a terminal condition. I am not upset with the diagnosis because I know that you and I will be together again but the uncertainty is very hard. The kidney can shut down today or a years from now. It is hard knowing that each day could be my last. When I try to talk to my family they will change the subject or talk about maybe a miracle cure will be found. I even went to a counselor but unless you are going through this personally, there is not much that someone else can tell you. That is why I am talking to you. You always listened to me and you never made any judgements. I am not sad in any way but I just feel so alone in dealing with this. You went through the same thing so you know how I feel. Please give me comfort as I try to live each day as best as I can. 

I Love You So Much,
                                                                                   Joe

Reply with quote  #2616 
Hugs and prayers Joe. I understand.
MonaGirl

Reply with quote  #2617 
Crosswalk.com

The Sinner's Prayer - 4 Examples for Salvation
Compiled & Edited by Crosswalk Editorial Staff
16 Feb
The Sinner's Prayer - 4 Examples for Salvation
Share 348

What is the sinner's prayer?
The sinners prayer is a Christian term for a prayer that is said when someone wants to repent of their sin, ask God for forgiveness and state belief in the life, death, and saving resurrection of Jesus Christ. Romans 10:9-10 says that “if you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.”

Millions have come to a saving relationship with Jesus Christ through church services, friends, and family leading them in a salvation prayer. However it is not words in a prayer that save. Jesus Christ alone has the power to save through faith. J.D Greerer explains it well – “It’s not the prayer that saves; it’s the repentance and faith behind the prayer that lays hold of salvation. My concern is that over-emphasizing the prayer has often (though unintentionally) obscured the primary instruments for laying hold of salvation: repentance and faith.”

The four examples below of the sinners prayer can help you communicate with God that you repent of your sin, accept His forgiveness, and accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior.

The Sinner's Prayer (by Dr. Ray Pritchard)
Lord Jesus, for too long I’ve kept you out of my life. I know that I am a sinner and that I cannot save myself. No longer will I close the door when I hear you knocking. By faith I gratefully receive your gift of salvation. I am ready to trust you as my Lord and Savior. Thank you, Lord Jesus, for coming to earth. I believe you are the Son of God who died on the cross for my sins and rose from the dead on the third day. Thank you for bearing my sins and giving me the gift of eternal life. I believe your words are true. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus, and be my Savior. Amen.

If you have prayed this prayer in sincere faith, you may want to put your initials by the prayer along with today’s date as a reminder that you have come to Christ in faith, trusting him as your Lord and Savior.

Sinner's Prayer From Scripture – (Psalm 51, King David)
“Have mercy on me, O God,
according to Your unfailing love;
according to Your great compassion
blot out my transgressions.
Wash away all my iniquity
and cleanse me from my sin.
For I know my transgressions,
and my sin is always before me.
Against You, You only, have I sinned
and done what is evil in Your sight,
so that You are proved right when You speak
and justified when You judge.
Surely I have been a sinner from birth,
sinful from the time my mother conceived me…
Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean;
wash me and I will be whiter than snow…
Create in me a pure heart, O God,
and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
Do not cast me from Your presence
or take Your Holy Spirit from me.
Restore to me the joy of Your salvation
and grant me a willing spirit to sustain me.
Then will I teach transgressors Your ways,
and sinners will turn back to You.

salvation sinner prayer

The Sinners Prayer (by John Barnett)
The following prayer expresses the desire to transfer trust to Christ alone for eternal salvation. If its words speak of your own heart’s desire, praying them can be the link that will connect you to God.

Dear God, I know that I am a sinner and there is nothing that I can do to save myself. I confess my complete helplessness to forgive my own sin or to work my way to heaven. At this moment I trust Christ alone as the One who bore my sin when He died on the cross. I believe that He did all that will ever be necessary for me to stand in your holy presence. I thank you that Christ was raised from the dead as a guarantee of my own resurrection. As best as I can, I now transfer my trust to Him. I am grateful that He has promised to receive me despite my many sins and failures. Father, I take you at your word. I thank you that I can face death now that you are my Savior. Thank you for the assurance that you will walk with me through the deep valley. Thank you for hearing this prayer. In Jesus’ Name. Amen
joeslepski

Reply with quote  #2618 
Hi Sheila:
Thank you for the prayer. Even though I am not scared about crossing over I am a little bit worried about how the end will be.

Joe

Reply with quote  #2619 
Dear Joe,

I get it...there are alot of times I still talk to Max and alot to Mr. Gordy.

I was just thinking yesterday, that I am glad Max didn't suffer too long with his cancer, but feel for poor Mr. Gordy with his liver and kidney failure just lingering on.  But, Mr. Gordy, shows  no signs that he's in pain.  He doesn't whine or cry.  He just goes about his day looking at you with his big brown cocker eyes.

I wish I could take his pain away, like I wish I could have taken Max's pain away.

The day I see him again will be so exciting.  To feel his breath and pet and kiss him. To watch him run and play.  By, that time, Mr. Gordy will be there too.  He will watch like always and wonder if anyone has any food.

Merry Christmas Joe.

Katherine

Reply with quote  #2620 
Hi Katherine:
I hope and pray also that Mr. Gordy is not in pain, but dogs have such a high threshold of pain and they do not want us to know that they are in pain. I also look forward to when Pal and I are together again. Please take care of yourself.

Joe

Reply with quote  #2621 
To My Best Friend Pal:
I try to keep busy all of the time. I find that when I am busy I do not think about my condition. I am a little worried about how I will feel at the end. Not knowing when my kidney will shutdown leads to a lot of uncertainty but not knowing when it will happen also allows me to not think about it all of the time. Please give me the strength that I will need.

I Love You,
                                                                           Joe 

Reply with quote  #2622 
To My Beloved Pal:
With the holidays coming up, I buy a lot of candy. Some of it I eat myself and some I give away. I put all of the candy in the spare bedroom on a table. Taz never goes near it. You were totally different. I remember one Christmas when I had a Lindt milk chocolate bar all wrapped up to put in Dan's stocking. It was on the table in the room. Without anyone noticing, you went into the room, jumped on a chair next to the table and got the chocolate bar. You not only took the wrapping paper off of it but you also took the bar out of the box and ate the whole thing. I was worried that you would get sick, but nothing happened. The vet said that it was because it was milk chocolate. The next Christmas I made the same mistake and you did the exact same thing. After that I would hide the candy in the closet on the top shelf. You really loved food.

I Love You,
                                                                    Joe

Reply with quote  #2623 
Joe, I enjoy reading your posts to Pal so much. I feel as if I know him. My Max loved food also. I remember once my niece was visiting for spring break. We were at my mom's house sitting outside in the patio and my niece had a piece of sandwich in her hand. As we were talking, Max jumped up on the chair next to her and snatched the piece of sandwich right out of her hands and ate it. She was in shock but could not help but laugh. Such sweet memories of our babies. 

https://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/MAX42339/Resident.htm
https://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/BAILE490/Resident.htm

joeslepski

Reply with quote  #2624 
Hi Marlen:
Writing to Pal makes me feel like he is still with me in some way. It must have been so funny when Max ate the sandwich out your niece's hand. Dogs are so precious.

Joe

Reply with quote  #2625 
To My Beloved Pal:
I am feeling a little better today today, mentally, thank you for that. I just have to accept that I have do not have any control over when my kidney will shutdown and just try to get and much out of each remaining day as I can possibly get. For your last six months you were in such great pain buy you were determined to keep bringing joy and happiness into my life. I owe it to you to have the same attitude. Tomorrow, even though it will be bitterly cold, I am volunteering to work at a food and toy drive. You would want those less fortunate to have a nice holiday season also.

I Love You,
                                                                 Joe

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.