Mswmare
It's been 9 weeks and two days since I lost my Sophie dog. My best friend of 14 years. We were incredibly bonded. I've been up and down with my emotions. My husband and I decided to take a 2 day mini vacation to the shore. I never left Sophie. So this is my first time on vacation in 15 years. I'm supposed to be having fun and relaxing, but it's been a terrible day. I've been really good at smiling on the outside and tying to think positive over the last couple of months. I know I will see my girl again. I just ache for her. And when I'm home I hate being in the house. It's so empty.

It's like I'm going through life with a heart I know is forever broken. This is indescribable pain. And I know that everyone here truly understands.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all of you.

MaryBeth

Quote 0 0
jonancy
MaryBeth

I do understand! I went up north a couple weekends ago and I missed Scooter so much and I couldn't understand why. He was never there. Someone at this forum said that his spirit was with me and so yes, he was there with me. Sophie is with you. I have found that this forum is the only place where people understand this undescribable pain, especially when it lasts longer than they think it should. Like you, I've become really good at acting like I'm fine when I'm breaking inside. My thoughts and prayers go out to you too.

Take care,
Jonancy...Scooters Mama

P.S. I love your tattoo
Quote 0 0
Mswmare
Thank you so much, Jonancy. I know you miss your Scooter terribly. I try to remember that Sophie is with me. It's so hard to smile at times. I have a job where I have to smile, as I work with special needs kids. They help me so much. And my awesome coworkers. Work keeps me busy and I can hold it together there. Then I get in the car and cry most days. It's just so hard. We just love them so much.

Thank you for the compliment on my tattoo. I had it done a few weeks after she passed. It helps me in some ways.

I hope you are doing ok today. One day at a time, right? Thank you again.

MaryBeth
Quote 0 0
Erini
Dearest MaryBeth,

After the beautiful words of encouragement you shared with me over the loss of Lulu, I felt the need to read more of your posts, your strength and empowering words towards others is such a gift. I am with you on this painful journey, being at home is torture, I never knew I could feel such incredible sorrow.

Being here though I know we are not alone, and of course the spirit of your Sophie lives on with you forever.

Your tattoo is a beautiful reminder.

Take care
Erini
Quote 0 0
MyBella
Hi MaryBeth, I am so sorry for the loss of your precious Sophie, even after 12 weeks I know how the heart is still broken for your girl. I hope you are able to bring some of Sophies fun antics forward to help you get through the day. Her love is still with you, it never left.
Sending positive healing thoughts your way.

Sincerely, Don & Vera
Quote 0 0
Mswmare
Thank you, Erini. Your words mean so much to me. I know that you are in the very early stages of grief. Your Lulu is beautiful. She is with you, just as my Sophie is with me, and all the babies remembered here are with their loving moms and dads.

Being at home is still the worst place to be for me. And yesterday, I found some of her hair in my car. Just a few tiny strands, but enough to make me cry.

It's just one day at a time. I am very glad you found this forum, as it definitely is a lifeline for so many of us.

Thank you again.

Hi Don and Vera, thank you so much. Bella is so adorable. I know how much you miss her. I'm trying to remember all the good times Sophie brought to my life. When the sad thoughts creep in, I try to push them away with a memory of something sweet. I hope that you are finding comfort in your memories, too. Thank you.

MaryBeth
Quote 0 0
Dalidog
Mary Beth,
Thanks so much for posting on Dali's thread.  I read a lot of what others write, but there seems to be so so many of us and it is heartbreaking.  I smiled where you wrote that Sophie was a 50 pound lap dog.  I can imagine.  They just knew they loved us and wanted to be with us.  Some say it gets easier, but for me it just keeps getting different.  Take your time to grieve, every new day, holiday, experience reminds us that they are not here, but brings memories of the good times.  It is so important to try and focus on them.  Pushing away sad thoughts with a memory of something sweet is a beautiful way to put it.  They would not want us to be sad, but I know they must understand why we are.  I long for the day I am with my girl again, but until then will continue to honor her and all furbabies and furangels.  We will keep them in our hearts until we are reunited and our hearts can be whole again.  Hugs to you and Sophie from me and Dali

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0
LizaandSophie
MaryBeth

Thank you for posting on my Sophie's thread. My Sophie was my life as your Sophie was for you. I am sure about your Sophie's life was wonderful. She had lot of pleasures. She was loved and she felt it. She still feel this.

Liza
Quote 0 0
FoleysSister
I'm not sure what thread to start my conversation on but I lost my brother and my best friend about a month ago this week. I am an only child and he has always been my brother. The medical story is pretty detailed but in all he was always a healthy boy, I have shortened the conclusion to help with some background. He had a limp for quite a little and sometimes it would seem to go away but then it came back and he stopped putting weight on that leg. Towards the last week he couldn't make it up the stairs and would cry in pain. We took him to the vet and his regular doctor and we saw that his leg was fractured in two places as what they all say was osteosarcoma. It happened so quick that his leg swelled up, and through it all he ALWAYS had a smile on his face. He was the happiest boy in the world and it breaks my heart and makes me feel guilty, hurt, everything that I couldn't do anything to help when he was still such a happy and lively boy as he ALWAYS was. I promised him everyday that I would NEVER let anyone hurt him and I would ALWAYS be there for him and I can't live with the pain of thinking that I didn't keep true because he was hurting but was so strong for us. I promised him and I hope that he doesn't think I let him down I want us both to believe in our hearts that I kept the promise between us forever. I have so many feelings to get out I don't know where to start. My heart is gone, he was my everything. I feel like I have no purpose because he was my brother and my best friend and thats all I wanted in life so what else is there for me to look forward to here. 
Quote 0 0