Forum

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 3      Prev   1   2   3   Next

Reply with quote  #16 
Had to put my 11 year old kitty cat Henry down on Jan. 3rd. The pain and longing are so unbearable. I don't know how I'm going to make it through this . I don't even want to make it through this.
I feel like the only one on earth who can console me is Henry himself.
Adv2112

Reply with quote  #17 
I know what you mean. Its so sad because when we would cry or be feeling bad, they would be there. My Leo was like that. He would curl up purring and snuggle me. And now he is gone and it was so final I just kept thinking i am never going to hold him again and the shock of his sudden passing keeps coming back.

Reply with quote  #18 
So sorry about your Leo. Yes they are always there for you through thick and thin. I think that's the hardest part. When I had to have Henry put to sleep I was there with him in the room, but I felt like I wasn't there FOR him because I allowed him to die.
He was beginning to show signs of suffering so I had no choice., but I will always wonder if he knew that or if he just thought I was letting him down.
When I'm distracted the raw pain seems to lessen somewhat, but the minute I'm alone with my thoughts it all comes rushing back. I feel absolutely beside myself with grief knowing I will never see or hold him again.
Adv2112

Reply with quote  #19 
I understand that awful feeling:( i just pray Leo didn't think I abandoned him
DJH

Reply with quote  #20 
I am so sorry for your loss. I understand the pain you are going through. I know some day we will get past the pain and remember all the joy our fur babies gave us.
Take care

Reply with quote  #21 
DJH
It's terrible the pain, and you think it will never stop.
It's so wonderful to have a pet but they leave us much to soon😔
God Bless and take care
PeanutGarcia

Reply with quote  #22 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adv2112
I know what you mean. Its so sad because when we would cry or be feeling bad, they would be there. My Leo was like that. He would curl up purring and snuggle me. And now he is gone and it was so final I just kept thinking i am never going to hold him again and the shock of his sudden passing keeps coming back.

I know. The only one that could comfort me about Peanuts loss would've been Peanut
DJH

Reply with quote  #23 
I am so sorry for your loss...I understand what your saying. My Samson was also like that if he sensed we were sad he would lick our faces. I miss him soooooooo much :(

Reply with quote  #24 
So very sorry for your loss.  I put my dog Napoleon age 12 years 10 months down on December 14th due to terminal cancer.  Had him since three months old and yes I am still very sad and lost without him.  I am told things will get better but WHEN?

Reply with quote  #25 
Thank you for the kind words. I am so sorry for your loss of Napoleon. My Sammy was 14 years and 4 months to the day. We had him since he was 4 months old. I understand how you feel. I feel so empty, lonely and my heart is full of pain. I wish I had the answer on how long this terrible pain is going to last.
Take Care

Reply with quote  #26 
elliemay
I'm sorry about Napoleon😔
Is your pain as bad as the first week or so? I hope it's eased somewhat.
It's been one week ago today I had to tell my Henry goodbye. The pain is unbearable. Yes people keep saying time is the great healer but they can't put a day to it ..or a week..or a year. I guess we will know when we know.
elliemae

Reply with quote  #27 
Thanks for the kind words.  Yes the pain has lessened but not by much.  People tell me how lucky I am to still have my other yorkie elliemae but every time I look at her I see him.  She will be 10 in May and is doing well as far as I know.  She misses him too - adored him.

Reply with quote  #28 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 155
Had to put my 11 year old kitty cat Henry down on Jan. 3rd. The pain and longing are so unbearable. I don't know how I'm going to make it through this . I don't even want to make it through this.
I feel like the only one on earth who can console me is Henry himself.

I hate this pain too. I'm so sad and I look around for Sausage to comfort me and then I realize that's why I'm crying. (hugs)

Reply with quote  #29 
I am so sorry for your loss..My thoughts and prayers go out to you.

Reply with quote  #30 
elliemae,
Aww that's so very sad. It would be extremely hard for Elliemae too. Give her lots of kisses and hugs every day!! You are lucky you have her but I know what you mean that she is a reminder of your baby. My thoughts are with you both.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.