Linda24

Yesterday we had to have our cat named Bunny put down. My husband brought Bunny home 18 yrs ago. From a moving job. the people he was moving were wanting to find her a new home and my husband brought her home with him in the moving truck. lol. she didn’t like riding in that truck.. she was so special. love at first sight. she was an indoor cat, but we let her go out When she wanted. she loved life. So playful. She would run through the house like a little rabbit. I called her Bunny because she had a little cotton tail like a Bunny.  Bunny was already full grown and we were her second owners so we don’t know how old she really was. probably over 20.  Bunny loved whipped cream more than anything. Bunny was a sort haired kitty, Russian blue colored. 
we are devastated!  Our home is so empty and quite. to look at where her food bowls were just breaks my heart. 
I believe we will be reunited again. but for now, this really hurts. 18 years is a long time. we Loved Bunny so much. 😢

Linda A.
Quote 0 0
Fide
🙏🙏 sorry for your Loss
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

Dear Linda,

I am very saddened to read of your loss of your beloved cat "Bunny." What a cute name you chose for her!

I am so glad however that you and your Husband were willing to adopt Bunny when you did, and provide her with a loving, kind, comforting, compassionate and happy home for so, so many years. All cats should be so blessed and fortunate. 

You have come to the right place here on the Rainbow Bridge forum. There are so, so many loving, kind, comforting and compassionate individuals like you and your husband are, who can hopefully help you to heal, so that someday, the primary memories that come to mind, whenever you think of your Bunny, will be happy ones.

I wish you continued healing during these difficult and challenging times. 

Kind regards & my sincerest condolences,
James
Quote 0 0
Linda24
Thank you, we miss her so much. she was truly an angel in a cat suit. My husband and I have been crying on and off all day. I will be glad when it stops hurting. we are older and have no children or grandchildren. Bunny was our baby. every time I spoke to her she would meow back like she was answering. she was so cute. Big green eyes and had the softest fur. It was like a mink coat. 
Christmas was hard knowing she was about to pass away. it was the saddest Christmas ever. dreading knowing we would soon lose her.  now it’s over. our sweet kitty is gone. they say time will heal. I hope so.😞
Linda A.
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

I am so sorry for what you and your husband are feeling, experiencing, and enduring.

Yes. Same here. No children or grandchildren. My cat "Marmalade" was by my boy. My good lad. My only son.

Against all odds, I recently adopted a local stray / feral kitten. A black and white Tuxedo cat. He was very small and young and was on the streets. Both of his parents "Blackie" and "Mom-Cat") and his best friend a cat named "Cherry" had been killed by coyotes and he had been bit twice and barely escaped.

He would cry out to me again and again when I would walk by the abandoned house he was living next to. I took him in around 5 months ago.

The kitten had (has) a little black mustache and was an orphan, so I named him "KID" after the classic silent Charlie Chaplin movie about an orphan "The Kid."

I had swore off every owning another cat again as long as I lived, in order to try and not go through this kind of grief evr again, but KID needed a friend and a home and I simply could not turn my back on him. He's brough laughter, love and light into my life since my losing Marmalade. I can't help but think Marmalade or God or a guardian angel crossed KID's path with mine when it occured.

All best,
James
Quote 0 0