tdibble
Our precious Colby left us on April 16th after a six month bout with Tonsillar Squamous Cell Carcinoma.  Since he was suffering, Our Vet suggested that we put him to rest.  We did, and I have felt guilty ever since for ending his life.  I am having difficulty coping with his loss.  Our lives feel empty without him and will never be the same.  He was a therapy dog and brightened the lives of many people as he loved people and was always excited to see them.   He was a special companion and meant the world to us. 

Colby's Dad
Tom 
Quote 0 0
Snowfire
Lost my cat April 23. Feel guilty too but test results confirmed vet and I were afraid of. Kidney failure due to age. My heart to all who hurt here.
Quote 0 0
Sooz
I'm so sorry you had to say goodbye to your Colby. As difficult as the decision was, I know you didn't want your boy to suffer or be in pain. It takes a special dog to be a therapy dog, and I'm sure Colby made a difference in many lives. Coping with the loss of a beloved pet is heart-wrenching. Sometimes I don't think I'll ever stop crying and grieving. I'm so sorry for your loss.
Heaven is the place where all the dogs you've ever loved come to greet you.
Quote 0 0
tdibble
Thank you Snowfire and Sooz for your gracious and helpful comments.  I am really struggling without our Colby and hurting badly.  I miss him so much.  Life is not the same without him and never will be. 

Tom 
Quote 0 0
Purzel
Tom,

I am very sorry you so recently lost your beloved Colby and now it seems like the pain about this loss will never end. The feeling of guilt connected to euthanasia is very understandable but in truth you did not end his life but you did end his suffering. I do not believe that constant suffering is life and so you did this out of true love for your Colby.

I can imagine that Colby –as a therapy dog- did bring hope and love to so many and how special and precious he was to you. And you are right in assuming that life will never be the same without him – yet this does not mean that life is not holding a new hope and a new happiness for you as  time goes.

You do need time now to grieve and have all rights to allow this to happen as it is only natural that we are in tremendeous pain when such a beloved one is gone. Know that your love towards him will never die and as time goes you slowly will get better and learn to cherish the time you were so blessed to share with Colby.

It is good you came here to this forum. We all understand and are here for you to listen and dry your tears.

My good thoughts are with you
Silvia (with Max forever in my heart)

[hundi]

Quote 0 0
tdibble
Thank you Silvia for your gracious and soothing comments,  They were very helpful to me and appreciated.  Losing a cherished pet and companion is so difficult as they are a major part of our families.  It will take me a long time to accept that Colby is gone as I keep thinking I hear him, feel him, and see him throughout our home.  He gave us so much love and joy over the 13 years he was with us.  We will always remember. Max was a beauty and special.  I hope that Colby and Max meet and enjoy each others company.  
Tom 
Quote 0 0
tdibble
Thank you Floydster for your response and Site referral.  I am very impressed with it and enjoyed viewing it.  I will visit it often.  Friska was special and will always be remembered for all that she gave to you.  I am sure that Colby and Friska will meet and enjoy each others company.  
Tom 
Quote 0 0