LuckyLouWho23
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal.
Love leaves a memory no one can steal."

This is how I want us to remember you Popcorn, with a lot of love, because you gave us unconditional love every single day. I'm trying to forgive myself for not being here, for not saving you. It's really hard. I still cry every single day. I still wake up every morning in a panic, and for a brief second I don't know why. Then I remember it's because you are gone. Then I cry again. You didn't deserve what happened to you. You must miss the two of us as much as we miss you. We will love you forever. Nobody can ever take that way from us.
Quote 0 0
Chinadoll
I love the quote at the top of your post. So true, isn't it, not a day will ever come when I don't wake up and think of my lovely friends. it could be no other way, the love we have for them will remain in our hearts forever. I still think about your situation and I'm so sorry for you and your daughter. Guilt feelings are one of the most common emotions I see here on the forum, we always seem to blame ourselves for what happened. I think that is the first reaction when we were not there when they passed. Popcorn knows how deep your love is, don't blame yourself for what happened, you had no idea what was happening that day. I pray for peace for you and your daughter, you will be reunited one day, Popcorn will be with you again. Blessings.
Charlie
Quote 0 0
LuckyLouWho23
Thank you for this. It is really hard to get past, the feeling of guilt. I am trying to stay strong for my daughter, but it's not been easy. There's still a lot of crying. I appreciate the pray, because that too has been something that I just can't seem to get past. Maybe I did something to deserve all this sadness, but I know that she didn't. I just can't explain this to her, because I don't understand it myself. I will never understand why bad things happen to good people. Thank you again for your kind words.
Quote 0 0
William
Lucky
I think guilt is something we all feel no matter how we lose our babies. I think it's our first reaction to their death. The " should haves, the could have I" eat us all apart.
Your story is tragic, and guilt will play with your head.
Again, I'm not sure how old your daughter is. Different ages need different guidance to adjust to a loss.
My granddaughter is 6. She spent alot of time at my house with William. When he passed my daughter explained to her that he was sick and went to the doctor and passed away. There was no discussion of euthanasia. It wasn't appropriate for her to hear that we can help our sick pets go to heaven. Kids get confused on these things.
Last November we lost my sister. My granddaughter handled it well. " Auntie pat was sick and went to heaven" when William passed she told me. " it will be ok William is with Auntie pat now. Auntie pat has a dog in heaven.
It's all in the wording with kids. But, always based on age.
There are a lot of books and articles about helping kids grieve.

Again, this is a tragic story. I'm sorry for you both. Stick together, talk about memories if your daughter is up for that. Say a prayer to Popcorn every night.
💕
Kim
Quote 0 0
LuckyLouWho23
Thank you for your message.
Quote 0 0