LuckyLouWho23
I can't believe that it's been a month since you've been gone. We love you Popcorn. We both miss you so much. You weren't just a dog, a pet to us. You were a best friend, a brother, a son, my baby boy, our heart. We are still trying to wrap our heads around you being gone, why you had to die, and if there was anything that we could have done to save you. I feel guilty because if I had known that this was going to happen I would have never went away. I hope that you can forgive me. This house is not a home with you gone. You made us happy, laugh. Each day I hope for a sign, something from you to let me know that you are still around us. I still don't see it. I believe though that maybe that giant yellow and black butterfly might have been a sign that you were near us after you died. You are such a smart, funny, sweet boy. You will always be in our souls, a piece of us for the rest of our lives. I will never stop missing you my sweet Popcorn.
Quote 0 0
William
Ladylouwho
Have you talked to your vet about the circumstances of Popcorns worsening condition? Was there an immediate decision that needed to be made?
Kim
Quote 0 0
LuckyLouWho23
I have tried, but he doesn't reply. I don't feel that whatever was going on couldn't have waited just a couple more days when we got home. Popcorn was breathing on his own, he didn't have cancer, he was eating, drinking, walking on his own. In fact before we left he was at the vet's office, the groomer getting a bath for his itchy skin. If anything was seriously wrong with him then why didn't they do something about it. There was nothing wrong with him that would require putting him to sleep. Her dad made this decision without us. What was the vet suppose to do but to carry out what he asked him to do. That's why this is so wrong. I will work to fit for this, so that this never has to happen to another sweet innocent animal again, or to another human who truly loves their animals. You probably won't understand this, but I would have given my life for Popcorn. Yes I have contacted our state veterinarian board. It probably won't help. This needs to be a statewide law. No one person should ever be allowed to make such a major decision. If my daughter and I were here then Popcorn would still be here too. It's going to be a very long time before I stop beating myself up about this. It also makes it more difficult for me because my daughter is apart of this too. Just how do you explain something like this to your child? It's her dad. Popcorn meant everything to her, to us. I'm trying to be strong for her, but it's difficult, it's really, really difficult for me to do this.
Quote 0 0
William
It's hard to be strong when you are grieving. You have to let your feelings out.
I think all of us here would have given anything of ourselves to be able to have more time with our beloved pets.

I'm glad you are following up on the details of this. I'm sure that isn't easy to do either as you try and grieve and help your daughter though the process also.

I hope you get some answers. Please take care of yourself and your daughter. There are berievement counselors out there but not sure where you live etc. Might be worth a visit for you and your daughter to express yourself.

Again, I am sorry for you loss of Popcorn. What a beautiful baby.

💕
Kim
Quote 0 0
LuckyLouWho23
Thank you for your message.
Quote 0 0
William
Lucy
You are welcome. We are all here to support you.
❤️
Kim
Quote 0 0