LuckyLouWho23
It's been so hard for me lately, and it never seems to get an easier. I cry a lot. I miss Popcorn so much! I will never ever understand why this had to happen to him. He didn't deserve to be taken away from us. I feel like I'm being selfish when I'm like this, because my daughter is hurting just as much as I am. I only wish that I could explain this to her. I can't, because I don't understand it myself. I don't think that I will ever be able to love another pet again. What scares me even more than that is thinking that my daughter feels the same way as I do. I don't want her to feel that way, to close herself off to loving someone unconditionally. That's what Popcorn was to us. He loved us no matter what, and we loved him too. How do you explain to your daughter that her dad didn't love her enough, and he took her dog, her best friend, her brother away from her. This is way worse than when we lost Jack. It was Jack's time, he was almost 17. He was so sick during his last days that I would pray that he would die in his sleep. I know that sounds horrible, but I could stand the thought of having to put him to sleep. Popcorn had just turned 11, he was too young to die. I still count the weeks since you've been gone. The sadness that fills my heart is unbearable. A piece of me is gone, because Popcorn isn't here anymore. It just makes it more worse that I am taking on my daughter's pain too. We both love you very much Popcorn. We miss seeing your sweet face every single day. You brought us so much happiness, but most importantly you gave us love, love that just can't compare to anything else. We know that you are with Jack now. We also know that my Mom is loving, hugging, and kissing you just as much as we did. I'm trying to let that give me some peace, but it just doesn't. We both want you back. Our lives will never be the same without you. We miss you so much. 💔

Quote 0 0
Chinadoll
I am so sorry for what you and your daughter are going through, I'm just at a loss for words. I know there are people who really are indifferent toward animals, some have no love in their heart at all for animals. But, when it involved you and your daughter, I just can't understand why this happened. My neighbor would walk over and visit (talk) with me on occasion. My little 3 lb chihuahua girl would always run toward him every time so happy to see him but he never once even 'acknowledged' that she was there. He never petted her, looked at her, he could just care less. I wish there was something I could say, I do pray for you and your daughter and my heart aches for what the two of you are going through. No one should have to do that. God bless you and I pray that in time you can find peace.
Charlie
Quote 0 0
William
Lucky
There is a chat room that is part of the RainbowsBridge. Not sure if you know about it or would want to participate.
I've found it very helpful to interact via the forum and the chat to try and get through this pain.
Just wanted you to know it's available.
Kim
Kim
Quote 0 0
WasADogInAFormerLife
Chinadoll wrote:
I am so sorry for what you and your daughter are going through, I'm just at a loss for words. I know there are people who really are indifferent toward animals, some have no love in their heart at all for animals. But, when it involved you and your daughter, I just can't understand why this happened. My neighbor would walk over and visit (talk) with me on occasion. My little 3 lb chihuahua girl would always run toward him every time so happy to see him but he never once even 'acknowledged' that she was there. He never petted her, looked at her, he could just care less. I wish there was something I could say, I do pray for you and your daughter and my heart aches for what the two of you are going through. No one should have to do that. God bless you and I pray that in time you can find peace.


Personally,I stay away from people who show no love, compassion for animals. They creep me out. Good rule of thumb I think.  VM
VM
Quote 1 0
WasADogInAFormerLife
LuckyLouWho23 wrote:
It's been so hard for me lately, and it never seems to get an easier. I cry a lot. I miss Popcorn so much! I will never ever understand why this had to happen to him. He didn't deserve to be taken away from us. I feel like I'm being selfish when I'm like this, because my daughter is hurting just as much as I am. I only wish that I could explain this to her. I can't, because I don't understand it myself. I don't think that I will ever be able to love another pet again. What scares me even more than that is thinking that my daughter feels the same way as I do. I don't want her to feel that way, to close herself off to loving someone unconditionally. That's what Popcorn was to us. He loved us no matter what, and we loved him too. How do you explain to your daughter that her dad didn't love her enough, and he took her dog, her best friend, her brother away from her. This is way worse than when we lost Jack. It was Jack's time, he was almost 17. He was so sick during his last days that I would pray that he would die in his sleep. I know that sounds horrible, but I could stand the thought of having to put him to sleep. Popcorn had just turned 11, he was too young to die. I still count the weeks since you've been gone. The sadness that fills my heart is unbearable. A piece of me is gone, because Popcorn isn't here anymore. It just makes it more worse that I am taking on my daughter's pain too. We both love you very much Popcorn. We miss seeing your sweet face every single day. You brought us so much happiness, but most importantly you gave us love, love that just can't compare to anything else. We know that you are with Jack now. We also know that my Mom is loving, hugging, and kissing you just as much as we did. I'm trying to let that give me some peace, but it just doesn't. We both want you back. Our lives will never be the same without you. We miss you so much. 💔


I don't know the whole situation but can your daughter and her dad meet and talk about why he did this? I mean, I want to call him an a hole but maybe I don't have all the info but can you just ask him why he did this? Was Popcorn sick? Did he consider it an act of mercy?  VM
VM
Quote 0 0
lissab
WasADogInAFormerLife wrote:


Personally,I stay away from people who show no love, compassion for animals. They creep me out. Good rule of thumb I think.  VM

me too! it's so true..
Lisa
Quote 0 0