Howardsmomma
We got Howard from the Spca almost 6 years ago.
He was adopted with Bella, who we lost to Feline Leukemia one year after we got them. We had Howard tested after she passed away. He tested positive for both Feline Leukemia and FIV. Our vet's advice to us was to take him home and let him live his life, which we did. We had him put to sleep this morning, the procedure was mercifully over in minutes. He had given up eating a few days ago and was stumbling terribly as he walked. The vet said his kidneys were enlarged from cancer. I was terribly torn as to whether to let him die at home or have the vet euthanize him, so I asked God to guide my decision. That morning, Howard seemed to rally and be a bit of his old self.
Within a few hours, he had grown markedly worse.
On the ride to the vet, Howard kept meowing from his carrier. This nearly destroyed my husband and I. Howard KNEW, dammit!
I had to go to work right after the vet visit and it is so hard to get through this day!
I have had three cats in my life but never one like Howard. I swear he was part dog. He wanted to be involved with everything his humans were doing. He helped me with laundry, washing the dishes, you name it. He would greet each of us when we came home purring all the while. He ate when we ate and he even joined my husband in his daily prayers.
Quote 0 0
tamtam34037
Oh my...I'm sorry.  My husband and I just had to put our sweet boy, Paolo down today.  He had eaten a piece of string and it was obstructing his colon.  We had him scheduled for surgery today.  He unfortunately had feline leukemia and anemia.  He couldn't have survived surgery so we had to make the near impossible decision to say goodbye.  Your cat looks like mine.  I'm so heartbroken. 
Quote 0 0
Howardsmomma
So sorry for your loss.
Quote 0 0
vlmatt
GOD BLESS YOUR HEART!!   I grieve with you having been there!  I am holding your heart while you grieve my friend.   Love is so awesome yet so agonizingly painful, I'm so sorry.  Especially when our furry friends are truly like a human that you loved and adored and was part of you.   My only advice is to cry cry cry cry and know that the FINAL moments are not indicative of your entire life with your beloved ok?    And also, your beloved still lives in his soul, yeah, in his soul in the arms of JESUS right now!!   But for you, I know the pain and the only antedote is release and time.  At times, I truly did not know how I was going to breathe, , but just go hour by hour and KNOW that the Spirit of God is within you and holding you and your beloved.   If you need an awesome pet devotional during the 1st 30 days, I found one on day 2 of my loss called  "Cold Noses at the the Pearly Gate" by Gary Kurz.  It is incredible and awesome, a God sent!!!  This was the only thing that go me through the 1st 30 days....I WILL PRAY FOR YOU!  If you need to call you can do so at 407 729 4418.  Blessings, it will be better, I promise. 

Vicki Mattingly 
Quote 0 0