AnnetteinNC Show full post »
AnnetteinNC
shmoobear wrote:

Annette, she is so precious! I love the one of her up at the cabinet trying to get the treats.....she looks like a little person! I hope that you are feeling well today....

Thank you!
The one by the cabinet is one of my favorite's too,she was a greedy little thing ;)
I'm doing so-so,it's hard when I talk to people on the phone about her since I now have to refer to her in the past tense,she was...,she did...etc.
It being Easter isn't helping either since I had the strange thought that I wish that she could be resurrected also,weird I know...
I hope you are hanging in there!
Quote 0 0
AnnetteinNC
Goobiesbf wrote:
Annette - I agree with Debi: she's adorable.  Oh, I'll bet her ears were so very soft and silky.

I do a lot of photo and photo editing work and the day after he died, even though I didn't feel like doing anything but crying, shouting and screaming, I sat and did a photo collage of Goobie on the rainbow path and used it in my emailed announcement of his passing to family members and friends.  Then, in the depths of despair during the second week, I began an album of his photos.  It was very difficult to do but when I felt a bout of the sobs coming on, for some reason it helped to look at the photos while I cried my eyes out.  Now, I look at them when I feel a surge of the lonelies...and, yes, I talk to them.  Grief is not only a long, hard, rough road, it can be a weird one, too.  I'll bet everyone on this site has found some special way or combination of ways to cope that works for them - embroidery, quilting, jewelry, poems, art, essays, gardening, cleaning the fridge, volunteering at the shelter, etc.   You'll find one for yourself as the days go by.  Don't feel like you're doing it alone because we'll be keeping you and your girl in our thoughts.

Ellen 

Her ears were indeed very silky,but she didn't like me touching them too much because she was always worried I'd be cleaning her ears and she couldn't stand that ;) I petted them anyway since it was just hard not to.
Quote 0 0
shmoobear

Quote:

It being Easter isn't helping either since I had the strange thought that I wish that she could be resurrected also,weird I know...
I hope you are hanging in there!

Annette, please know that you are not the only one having strange thoughts. Yesterday all day I kept thinking "I didn't even get to say goodbye". That makes no sense since I was actually in the room with him and said many goodbyes (my mother thinks it's that I didn't get to say goodby to the healthy Dakota).

Thoughts have also come in and out of my mind that he's not actually gone....that I could walk into the other room and he'll be there. Like I said, they are very fleeting and I don't focus on them, but they are in there. I suppose it's all part of the grieving process, but I did think "oh, great, and on top of everything else I'm going to start hallucinating?".

I think maybe it's part of the "bargaining" part of grief. Like we could somehow do something to change what happened. I think it's normal, so don't worry.

This will be a sad weekend for us. Easter will be the one week anniversary of it happening. We cancelled our plans, because I can't be in a crowded restaurant around people. We are going to do something nice and quiet, and remember him that way.

Take care
Quote 0 0
angiet7
really nice to see those pictures she looks very sweet , hope you are feeling a little better today , i feel much stronger today , but tomorrow may be different , but its so nice to share our feelings , xx
Quote 0 0