Forum

Author   Comment  
RosieR

Reply with quote  #1 
Tonight our dear Seven went to the Rainbow Bridge. She was spayed on Thursday and tonight she got a blood clot and wasn’t able to move her legs, the vet wasn’t able to do anything and she had to be PTS. She was just a baby, having turned a year old last month. We adored her for all of her weird little quirks, and I truly thought that we would have another twenty years with her. I am beyond devastated. My wife is working out of town and she wasn’t even here to say goodbye, and Seven was absolutely her baby. We thought that we were doing the best thing for her by having her spayed, and she died because of it. I can’t even go to bed because she was always the first to run upstairs at bedtime so she could give us love. She would purr and headbutt us, and walk circles around us, then she would lay right on top of us and purr and purr and purr. I am beyond devastated and traumatized that this has happened. The house feels so empty without her. I also got three other cats spayed at the same time as our precious Seven, and now I am terrified to lose them as well. Just a year ago our beloved Siamese, Ruin also passed on. I was not even over her passing yet, and now our beloved Seven is gone, too. I don’t know what to do without my baby.

Attached Images
jpeg 8759643D-BE2A-461B-8220-C71F64296266.jpeg (117.44 KB, 4 views)
jpeg 40AC7F50-3C5C-479D-8706-13660CC687B4.jpeg (214.92 KB, 5 views)
jpeg 49EA011C-C511-43D3-8C1B-0569C9305D89.jpeg (246.27 KB, 5 views)

BlairS

Reply with quote  #2 
I'm very sorry for the loss of your beautiful Seven.  Everyone here has lost a precious pet so we all know what you are going through.  It is the most difficult thing I have ever personally experienced.  Sending you best wishes on getting through this painful time.  I know it is not much consolation, but know that you are in the thoughts and prayers of many here.
pannklaus

Reply with quote  #3 
I am so sorry that a routine procedure send your beloved Seven to the Rainbow Bridge.  Death from spaying is rare and there is no way that you could have known that this would be the outcome.  You are going through the grief that everyone here feels when we lose our precious babies--the devastation, not being able to do normal activities, the empty house.  Being in this forum will not make your pain go away.  But you are with people who understand your grief and can grieve with you.

Reply with quote  #4 
My heart is broken for you.. I also lost my Sevyn at a young age and understand your devastation and fears.. Such a sweet face your baby has. So much love in her eyes. Cherish the fun memories you have shared with us and trust she knows how much you love her. I am crying with you.. I am so very sorry for your loss.

Praying,
Stacie
Memories_of_Marmalade

Reply with quote  #5 

Dear RosieR,

Oh my goodness those photos of your beloved Seven are just wonderful. Artistic and fun. What a looker she was. And so silly. That middle photo is adorable. I am so, so sorry for your loss. Seven looks like an incredible, loving character. Each of us here would also be as devastated to lose her, especially at such a young age. My heart (although already broken) is breaking even more for you and your wife's loss. 

Like many here I have been researching on-line to try and find out why my beloved Marmalade (an orange & white Tabby cat), whom I recently had to PTS, was misdiagnosed, couldn't be diagnosed and had surgical complications. And was chronically ill, despite his having 5 Vets (including 2 supposed "Animal Hospitals") in the last 3 years. And what I have distinctly noticed, in many cases, is a lot of real and important information is buried. A lot of corporate sponsored pet medical related websites come-up first on search engines, that make it out as if surgical procedures on pets are very easy, simple and recoverable from. Including "Spaying." But I have learned from digging deeper and reading Pet Grief Support message boards like this one, that this is simply not the case. Pets can and do die from being fixed. It may be rare, but I've seen it posted. Same with pets being put under anesthesia. Pets do die on the table. I've read that again and again. I think it is important for pet parents to know this information.

Thank you for sharing those images of Seven. And for sharing some of her and you and yours story here with us. XO

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.