SLH Show full post »
SLH
 Still trying to understand.  I saw this on line , it was helpful:

LEND A PUP

I WILL LEND YOU FOR AWHILE, A PUP, GOD SAID,

FOR YOU TO LOVE HIM WHILE HE LIVES AND MOURN FOR HIM WHEN HE'S DEAD.

MAYBE FOR TWELVE OR FOURTEEN YEARS, OR MAYBE TWO OR THREE

BUT WILL YOU, 'TIL I CALL HIM BACK, TAKE CARE OF HIM FOR ME?

HE'LL BRING HIS CHARMS TO GLADDEN YOU AND SHOULD HIS STAY BE BRIEF,

YOU'LL ALWAYS HAVE HIS MEMORIES AS SOLACE FOR YOUR GRIEF.

I CANNOT PROMISE HE WILL STAY, SINCE ALL FROM EARTH RETURN,

BUT THERE ARE LESSONS TAUGHT I WANT THIS PUP TO LEARN.

I'VE LOOKED THE WHOLE WORLD OVER IN SEARCH OF TEACHERS TRUE,

AND FROM THE FOLK THAT CROWD LIFE'S LAND, I HAVE CHOSEN YOU.

NOW WILL YOU GIVE HIM ALL YOUR LOVE, NOR THINK THE LABOR VAIN,

NOR HATE ME WHEN I COME TO TAKE MY PUPPY BACK AGAIN?

I FANCIED THAT I HEARD HIM SAY "DEAR LORD THY WILL BE DONE,"

FOR ALL THE JOYS THIS PUP WILL BRING, THE RISK OF GRIEF WE'LL RUN.

WE'LL SHELTER HIM WITH TENDERNESS, WE'LL LOVE HIM WHILE WE MAY,

AND FOR THE HAPPINESS WE'VE KNOWN, FOREVER GRATEFUL STAY.

BUT SHOULD YOU CALL HIM BACK MUCH SOONER THAN WE'VE PLANNED,

WE'LL BRAVE THE BITTER GRIEF THAT COMES AND TRY TO UNDERSTAND.

IF BY OUR LOVE WE'VE MANAGED, YOUR WISHES TO ACHIEVE

IN MEMORY OF HIM WE LOVED, TO HELP US WHILE WE GRIEVE.

WHEN OUR FAITHFUL BUNDLE DEPARTS THIS WORLD OF STRIFE,

WE'LL HAVE YET ANOTHER PUP, AND LOVE HIM ALL HIS LIFE.
Quote 0 0
SLH
Love you good boy Love you.  Think of you everyday so many times, still looking for you not to step on you when I get up at night :(  You were such a good boy.  We love you . 
Quote 0 0
SLH

Welcome to your forever home Coco on August 31, 2013. You were such a good boy. You only weighed 58 pounds and were not house broken. You were jumping that brook by November 1, 2013. For the first time in your life you had a real pillow to lay your head on at night. You were probably a little scared of those other dogs, but you learned to love them and run and play well with them. You had a great Christmas last year with real Christmas presents. You learned how to play in the snow instead of being tied with a chain around your neck in the cold and snow. You learned to bark, dogs that are happy bark sometimes  You learned to swim, you learned very well how to grab that kong and bring it back. You learned how to sit after a lot of coaxing.  You weighed in at 82 pounds last week probably due from all that Frosty Paws Ice Cream that Jim gave you every night. Coco you brought us so much joy and happiness in the little time you were with us and you never asked for anything in return, just love that was so easy for us to give to such a great boy.
Published on Oct 20, 2014

Quote 0 0
Dalidog
Beautiful poem
Thanks for posting

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0
SLH
It is so hard to believe it has been a month this week since you left us.  It seems like such a long long long time  I know when you passed away it was very very quick, but I know that you could hear us telling you what a good boy you were.  I was doing some cooking today and kept looking around in the kitchen where you would lay and watch me cook.  It was much different the first couple of weeks you were with us.  You would scratch at the fridge and the cupboard where you knew the dog food was.  You were so hungry all the time but after a few weeks you did not run around into the living room and back into the kitchen again while waiting for the food to process that had your medicine on it.  It must have been so hard for you to wait that 15-20 minutes.  I would set the timer and it sure didn't take long for you to let me know when it went off.  You were such a good good boy Coco and I am so glad that after a few days maybe a few weeks you just knew that you were always always going to eat everyday again.  Love you Coco, miss you so much.  Love you good boy.
Quote 0 0
Katel
Oh I can see from the video how Coco changed and became a much-loved magnificent
boy who knew he was loved greatly.   Thank you for doing that for him. It doesn't matter how long we have our beloveds when we lose them the pain of  loss is the same.  I am glad you have other dogs, I do too and she is a big comfort to me.  I'm so sorry you didn't have longer with your precious
Coco but in the time you had you gave him a new and wonderful life. and I hope that knowledge will bring you comfort one day.  .   Blessings and hugs. 

Kate .
Quote 0 0
SLH
Thank you Kate, you always write beautiful words and they do help.  I know we have to put all of our thoughts into how happy Coco was with us for 14 months and how far he came. Some times we are able to do that, some times not as I am sure you know having lost one your own best friends , so sorry
.  All our best to you also and hugs.  Sonia
Quote 0 0
SLH
Missing you so much Our Coco, going to light another candle at http://thecenterforhealingarts.com/light-a-candle/ I take my neighbors dog Laddie for a walk everyday after I walk your brothers and sister you left behind.  Everyday I ask Laddie's Mom who is in heaven , a good friend named Kathy, to give you a hug and kiss for me and in exchange I give her Laddie a hug and a kiss .  Love you good boy Love you , forever
Quote 0 0
SLH
Candle-flame-no-reflection.jpg 
             Love You good boy, Miss You good Boy Coco
Quote 0 0
MurphysMom_0831
[image]

Precious Coco,

Have a Happy New Year at
the Rainbow Bridge with all
your wonderful new friends!

Sending lots of hugs and love
to you, Murphy and your Momma too.
We miss all of you so much!

Kisses and snuggles,
Murphy's Mom, Spencer and Grady Girl
"Sometimes there is a dog who is so special, he is able to wrap himself so completely around your heart it is impossible to tell where you begin and he ends."  For My Beloved Murphy, 08/31/2004 - 06/18/2014

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/MURPH121/Resident.htm

http://s327.photobucket.com/user/kathrynbrown1626/library/?sort=6&page=1
Quote 0 0
Bellamum
The "Lend a Pup" poem is beautiful. I read it through blurry eyes and tears running down my face, but I also smiled.
Our sweet babies were "on loan" to us and we loved them with our whole hearts.  When it is our time, God will give them back to us and then it will be forever.  That is worth waiting for.

giving you back (640x405) (250x158).jpg     when i get to heaven (400x417) (240x250).jpg 
Giving them back was truly the hardest thing we have done, but we all have our reunion to look forward to!  I hope it can give us strength to get through each day.

I wish you all peace and healing in 2015. Thank you all for your support and friendship that has helped me to cope.
Karen
(Bella, Charli and Buddy's very lucky mum)

My gorgeous girl, Bella  26/07/2004 - 03/04/2014
"You were once by our side, but you will be forever in our hearts. Until we meet again baby girl."
Quote 0 0
SLH
Hello Karen, Wishing you peace in your heart also.  It is very hard but yes they were all just a loan and I am thankful that God sent them all my way.  I am thankful for Rainbow Bridge. My hope this year is to find another rescue and will await the new voice.  I am very involved with Coastal German Shepherd Rescue but they are in California so I will find a GS rescue closer to home in Michigan.  In the meantime our baby Kal is 10, Max and Ruby are 9 and they are all doing good.  Sonia

013 (5).JPG
10340008_10152616946392635_855652862850770679_n - Copy.jpg 
Quote 0 0
ahartofilis
Hello there, my sweet girls name was Coco as well!! I just wanted to let you know that all of you're animals are so beautiful ! I saw Coco's picture and instantly fell in love with that sweet face. You did a very wonderful thing for him and gave him the life of a real loved dog. It warmed my heart to watch the video as he looks so, so, happy and you can tell how he loved you as well!! God Bless you for giving him that opportunity!!....Sincerely, Andrea, Coco's Mom
Quote 0 0
MurphysMom_0831
Sonia,this photo is nothing short of magazine or Christmas card worthy. What truly magnificent looking animals. The love and regal intelligence shines from their beautiful always alert eyes. Thank you so much for letting us see your beauties. I just love GSD's and have tried to adopt a few from rescues since losing Murphy but neither worked out. There's always been a very special place in my heart for Golden Retrievers, but German Shepherd's are close behind. Amazing photo. I'd love to hug and kiss all 3 of your babies!

013 (5).JPG

"Sometimes there is a dog who is so special, he is able to wrap himself so completely around your heart it is impossible to tell where you begin and he ends."  For My Beloved Murphy, 08/31/2004 - 06/18/2014

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/MURPH121/Resident.htm

http://s327.photobucket.com/user/kathrynbrown1626/library/?sort=6&page=1
Quote 0 0