MarleyRIP
On Monday we lost a huge part of our little family, Marley our beloved dog passed away far too soon due to suspected poisoning of some kind from a nearby farmer's field. On Sunday Marley was playing with his best friend Bruno in front of our house (we live in rural Ireland where there is a big grass area in our estate). Within an instant Marley got a whiff of something and quickly dashed through a hole in the fence the kids have made and just simply wouldn't come back. As I couldn't fit through the hole, my neighbour's kid ran after him but couldn't lure him away from whatever it was. It never occurred to me that what he went after could have been poison. He eventually returned, continued to play with Bruno and I brought him to the beach that afternoon. It was only in the evening that I noticed his heavy breathing and contacted a vet but by then it was just too late. That was when I learned that it was common for farmers to inject poison into meat to kill foxes, minks and dogs from attacking/worrying their livestock, even though it is illegal to do.

We are absolutely devastated and heartbroken. Marley has left a huge void in our hearts. If you met Marley you will know how much we loved him. Only 8 months since we rescued him and he was really settling into his forever home. He was only 18 months old and our best little four-legged friend. He gave us pure unconditional love and comforted me when I miscarried earlier this year. RIP Marley we love you and miss you and will never forget you boy xoxo

P.S. Thanks for all the adventures and beautiful moments
Quote 0 0
KarenG
Oh..

I am so so sorry about the loss of your beautiful Marley.  I can just feel the love and devastation in your post and I bet Marley knew how very much you loved him as well.  You rescued him and gave him a great life and a forever home.. however short it was.  Its so difficult to suddenly and unexpectedly lose that pure unconditional love.   

You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers during this tragic time..

Karen
Quote 0 0
topwatch
I too am so sorry for your loss. Marley was loved and the time was short, but so meaningful to you and to Marley. Please come to the forum as it can help a lot with the pain and grief. There are kind people here. Peace
dennis pruitt
Quote 0 0
Jody
Ooooh no, I am so sorry for the loss of your baby. That is such a sad story to read. We are all here for you. This site has helped save me. I don't know where I would be today, 10 1/2 weeks after losing my golden suddenly, if I didn't have this forum to come to. Please keep talking. We know your pain. We know how devastating this loss is for you...Marley and your family are in my thoughts and prayers at this hard time in your life...
Quote 0 0
Jody
What a beautiful picture!! Look at that love in those eyes!! I originally didn't see the picture. You can see how loved Marley is in this picture. May you find some peace in your days..
Quote 0 0