Lucymaydew
On Tuesday's we lost our beautiful roger
He was a very good age of 14 and lived the life of luxury being surround my 3 women in his life that adored him so much.
Knowing he lived a wonderful life doesn't make his loss any easier and we are all well and truly heart broken.
My mum even more so, he had been with her through the most toughest times in her life he was her Rock my mum recently has had the all clear from cancer and it was like he was waiting for this before he went.
From there his health got worse, his legs and joints were so sore he could barely walk some days, his appetite went he was not himself.
Tuesday evening was the worst evening ever, we had a phone call of my sister screaming that roger had bitten her we all came home to find he attacked her ear as she was helping him on the couch (luckily her ear is find ) but we knew from there that was not him he would have never bitten anyone ,it was his way of telling us he had enough of life and being in pain. So it was decided to end his suffering my mum and dad took him to our lovely vets and he fell asleep for the last time.
My mum is still finding it very hard as he never left her side but I can honestly say its is getting easier, it wasn't fair on him to carry on with pain killers and keep prolonging his suffering and I keep reminding myself of this, it was for the best he is now up in doggy heaven fit and healthy waiting for all us to meet him up there.
And until then I know he is looking down on us all thanking us.
Quote 0 0
Larry
What a beautiful face he has.You will meet again. So sorry for your loss.
Quote 0 0
Lucymaydew
Thank you :)
Quote 0 0
CarerQuie
He looks so adorable. Sorry for your loss. One day you will see him again.x
Quote 0 0
Lucymaydew
Thank you
Was so hard today I was the first one to come home from work today and his little face wasn't there to greet me through the door :(
Quote 0 0
CarerQuie
I'm finding that so hard, too. I work from home quite a lot and glancing about and not seeing my beautiful cat is almost more than I can bear.x
Quote 0 0
Apollo_the_great
I am so sorry for your loss.
William
Quote 0 0
Lucymaydew
Aww it's just awful them not there,but your beautiful cat will be there in spirit, watching over you am sure of it :)
CarerQuie wrote:
I'm finding that so hard, too. I work from home quite a lot and glancing about and not seeing my beautiful cat is almost more than I can bear.x
Quote 0 0
Lucymaydew
Good night my beautiful boy I love you and miss you so much xx
Quote 0 0
jonancy
Love his face!

I keep on thinking I'm still going to see my baby on the couch or wherever and when I don't the crying starts again.

So sorry for your loss
Quote 0 0
Lucymaydew
It's awful isn't it :(
It's so hard not to cry when there not there
But I know they will be looking down keeping a eye on us
Am so sorry for your loss as well your baby is gorgeous.
Quote 0 0
Kaz01
What a beautiful baby he is..I'm so sorry for your loss..

Karen
Quote 0 0
NemoPunkinbutter
I'm so sorry.  I lost my baby Nemo on January 30 after a year-long battle with heart failure.  I do okay then go into the bathroom and my baby doesn't follow me and I cry all over again.  bless you, though, for making the selfless, heartwrenching decision to end his suffering.  You did what was best for him, as hard as it was for you and all around you.
Remembering Nemo, ?2004 to 2015, my male Chihuahua mix, my punkinbutter, gone to Rainbow Bridge 01/30/2015 after a year-long bout with heart failure.  Mama misses you, baby.
Quote 0 0
ahartofilis
I am sorry for your loss! Roger is such a cutie!   It sounds like he had a wonderful life and was surrounded by a lot of love! When I reflect on my days with my girl Coco, who passed on Dec 7th, I know that she felt loved and for almost 10 yrs. she was a very happy, active, dog. There are a lot of similarities with your story about Rogers last days. My girl had bone cancer and her last 3 weeks were very painful. I hated having to keep her drugged up on painkillers. Her last week she refused to take them. She was letting me know that she was not content to go on like that. Letting her go was one of the hardest things I have ever done. Yet at that point I needed to put her first. I couldn't let her remain with me, for me.
That was 9 weeks ago today and I miss her terribly.
My thoughts are with you and your family, I know that Coco is at the bridge with Roger now and they are happy, and healthy again!........................Sincerely, Andrea
Quote 0 0