LilyOreosmom

This might be long just a warning. I’ll start when we first found him we had found him as a tiny kitten he had been abandoned by his mother so we took care of him and he was just a cuddly and sweet boy from the start. He was our outside and indoor cat my first cat and me and him always  had a special bond were always stuck to each other like glue . He had turned two when he went missing for a longg time . At that point I thought he had been killed by the neighbors German Shepard’s I was so sad I thought my baby had just turned two and now he’s gone. I never gave up hope though in the back of my mind I never gave up my sweet boy would never leave for this long i just know it. After months of searching we finally found him the animal shelter had him and he looked so sad he just wanted to go home. We finally took my baby home my sweet baby! He was cuddling with his weird way of cuddling he would lay on you while neading your neck , lick you , and purr as loud as he could .

Then a couple months later he went missing again for 6 more months I missed him so so much . Then the worst thing happened we had to move two hours away from our house without Him oh how much it was hurting me he had to come back my baby is strong and is a fighter whatever happened to him he would find a way back home . On the last night of us getting our final things right before we were going to drive off for the last time he walked up to me he came out of nowhere my baby was a fighter he came home he found a way back home we drove with him to our new house he loved it! He was half dog too me because he loved going  in the car and going for walks even though it was a 2 hour ride he was just so happy. He came to the new house and got used to it almost instantly my other two cats were already used to it because they had been there for awhile . One of my cats we called her his girlfriend because he liked her once she was walking into another room and he just kept following her around she got so annoyed but it was so cute . After a week of him being there he was finally allowed outside and he loved it there it was a quiet neighborhood with trees And bushes perfect for a cat to explore .

Of course him and my other cat nala started fight each other for dominance mostly because nala felt threatened for some reason so he left the house for a couple days because he was mad at her but he came back too cuddle he couldn’t handle a day without one. At night we would go on walks together it was the cutest thing he never needed a leash or anything and in the day time if I was walking somewhere outside he would be there following me (he came home at night and played during the day ) one time he got distracted by ducks and was about to chase them and I told him ok Oreo I’m going to leave you behind then so I slowly started walking away he ran after me like he was saying Waittttttt for meeeeee . A little bit later is when everything started going downhill he went missing for five days and I started getting worried I looked for him everywhere right when I was going to stop he popped out a random bush on a side of the neighborhood he never went to like he was hiding he knew he was sick yet my baby still came to us most cats stay hiding and pass away under a bush without anyone knowing but he came back I noticed something was a little odd about him but didn’t take much notice so I took him home and he instantly fell asleep I was like wow Oreo is tired he had been sleeping for two days straight on the second day I picked him up and put him outside his fur was all over the place like he hadn’t cleaned it in awhile I told him Oreo it’s day time you can go outside now unless you want nala to challenge you again. He just looked at me and sat there.

Then I had to go somewhere for awhile when I came back he was sitting weird in the bathroom he never went in there at all I picked him up and put him on the couch and noticed he was breathing with his mouth open weirdly he tried jumping off the couch but then fell on his side he slowly got up and wobbled and fell again but he didn’t give up my strong fighter was still fighting he even walked himself to the kitty litter somehow even though he was so weak and kept falling then he went under the stairs and hid later he came back out and then I realized he is REALLY REALLY sick I went to go tell my mom at her work so my brother kept watch over him my mom still said he just has a cold but knew it wasn’t just a cold even though I thought that at first. She said she would schedule an appointment the next day I thought he’s a fighter he will push through this but in the back of my mind I thought no my baby is going to leave me I pushed that thought away saying he’s too young he can’t get sick like this that fast he’s strong . I came back home and took him to my room 

I was so scared he was going to pass away if I fell asleep so I stayed up with him I kept searching what could be wrong with him on the internet and things to fix it but it was too late. I gave up looking for that day and thought tomorrow I will find a way to help him . My baby ... wanted one last cuddle he tried reaching to me crawling into my arms but he was so weak at this point. I was too scared to pick him up into my arms and hold him I didn’t want to cause him anymore pain I thought if I did he would pass away because I hurt him so all I did was put my hand between his arms and he tried his best to hold onto me. 

I put some calming music for cats and it made me fall asleep I woke up an hour later because something told me to wake up NOW I looked at him and his breathing got way worse I knew what was happening to I kept petting his head saying Oreo it’s ok your going to be ok I love you so much go to sleep now I tried so hard to stay strong for him so I didn’t cause him any distress but I could not help but cry and cry knowing he was about to leave me. Every time I sad that he tried meowing the best he could while purring such a strong baby with barley no energy or strength left he still managed to purr for me and meow he looked at me straight in the eyes trying to meow as if he was saying “ don’t cry mom I love you and I’ll miss you goodbye”  then he stopped breathing and I saw his life fade from his eyes I started sobbing saying Oreo .. OREO. You can’t be gone your only three no not my baby your to strong I need you I can’t go on without you but he wouldn’t respond he went completely limp . My sweet strong baby it’s been two months now since that horrible day it’s so hard to be without you I could not eat for two weeks not I force myself to eat and ever time I feel sick you came to me when my world seemed like a dark place like nothing would be ok but you were my light you were my first cat you were always there for me when I was down now the world is dark again but it’s my turn to be your light and be strong for you now I can change and do better with Raven and Nala I miss you . I hope your having fun with Luna and your other new friends. Hopefully soon the painful memories will make me smile again. I love you 🌈💛💜 I still have your yellow blanket folded up when I folded it after you passed I will keep it like that forever I folded it to keep your last warmth in it forever. Raven and nala go to your Grave with me everyday we miss you 💛💜  89089157-E6F8-4170-AAEA-2B132795C083.jpeg  443B7355-68DC-4C45-B5DB-2F1BF0CB9FA6.jpeg 

Quote 0 0
Jan_H
I am very sorry for your loss of your sweet, special Oreo. Thank you for sharing his story and his pictures. He's adorable!

Clearly little Oreo had a wonderful life full of love and adventure. I hope in time that memories of Oreo can bring you a smile instead of tears.

My condolences,
Jan
Quote 1 0
Monroegirl
So sorry for your loss of Oreo. They are so very special and such a gift. 
Quote 1 0
LilyOreosmom
Jan_H wrote:
I am very sorry for your loss of your sweet, special Oreo. Thank you for sharing his story and his pictures. He's adorable!

Clearly little Oreo had a wonderful life full of love and adventure. I hope in time that memories of Oreo can bring you a smile instead of tears.

My condolences,
Jan

thank you! 💛 
Quote 0 0
LilyOreosmom
Monroegirl wrote:
So sorry for your loss of Oreo. They are so very special and such a gift. 

Thank you! They really are such a special beautiful gift 💜
Quote 0 0