angieandpaige
We got Opera from the pound when he was 3. Everyone said he was a lap cat. He would always come when you called, he even came when you called for another cat! One night last year he got out and was gone for 3 weeks. I think the neighbor who had 11 cats had him and then decided she didn't want him. Anyway, his health was never the same. He had a severe allergy and lost all his hair. He had been on steroid shots every 2 months since then. Several weeks ago the shot didn't work and he started losing weight. Then there was the poop and pee outside the litter box every day. My mom said that was a sign he was getting sicker. Last Saturday I decided to have him put to sleep.When he was on the table he starred into my eyes the whole time while I told him he was a good boy and I loved him. The next morning there was poop and pee on the floor so I knew it was one of the other cats. I feel so horribly guilty. I think he might have had a few more years left. I think about him all the time and its really hard not to cry at work. Me and my daughter say it doesn't feel real, like you expect to see him in his normal spot or you will wake up and find him sleeping in your bed. It feels like there is a hole in my heart. What an awful feeling. 
Quote 0 0
always_tuffy
Dear AngieandPaige
I am very sorry you have lost your beloved friend Opera.  I am glad you have found this site.  Everyone here cares and wants to help you with the pain you are experiencing.  It is so devastating to lose our beloved friends. I'm sorry you and your daughter have to go through this.  Pls keep coming back. Post when you can.
Wishing you peace
Death leaves a heartache no one can heal;
Love leaves a memory no one can steal.

Tuffy, My Puppy Love
June 20, 2005-July 26, 2010

Becky Leigh, Queen of my Heart
December 2010-November 10, 2015
Quote 0 0
TootiesGuardian
angieandpaige,

I'm so sorry for what you're going through.  I had to have my beloved Tootie put to sleep, so I do know what you're having to endure.  And I'm so sorry for you.  I know it's such a devastating loss and it does feel so surreal. 

Let the tears come when they need to.  Try not to feel guilty.  You gave Opera a good life and he knew that you loved him.  My heart goes out to you, angieandpaige.

Sincerely,

Sherry
Tootie ~ Sep. 1, 2000 - Sep. 4, 2010
Shine on you beautiful diamond!
Blueboy ~ Feb. 14, 1989 - Dec. 31, 1993
Always in my heart!
Quote 0 0
angieandpaige
Thanks so much you guys. it was been very hard. When i found this sight i felt 10 times better! it made me feel better that people were here and going threw the same things as we were. When opera was still alive when i cried he was always right beside me and made me all better so i know he wouldn't want me sad. 

Paige
Quote 0 0
tikibarb
It is so sad to lose a precious loving companion.  I am very sorry that you are suffering.  I can only say that you are not alone.  There are many of us here who understand your pain.  This is a good place to talk about your feelings in an environment of open, understanding communication.  No one will judge you here or tell you to get over it or that your beloved Opera was "just a cat".  We know that Opera was so much more to you.  He was you special friend who understood you and stood by you in times of trouble.  I can tell you that time will heal your wound.  It will not take the pain away but it will replace the pain with memories that you will be able to smile at and happy thoughts that will get you through the painful moments.  Allow yourself the time you need and know that Opera is at the Bridge with Ted and all the other babies watching down over you.
Barbara Lyngarkos
My Beloved Ted 8/7/2005 - 7/7/10
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/TED001/Resident.htm
Quote 0 0
TootiesGuardian
Paige,

We are here for you!  I know how hard it is.  As overwhelming as the grief is, I do believe that they don't want us to be sad over their passing.  It's hard to remember good times we had with them when we're hurting so bad over losing them.  I've got to the point now where it does get easier to remember good, fun times and not to feel bad for smiling when I do.  It just takes time to heal. 

Thinking of you,

Sherry
Tootie ~ Sep. 1, 2000 - Sep. 4, 2010
Shine on you beautiful diamond!
Blueboy ~ Feb. 14, 1989 - Dec. 31, 1993
Always in my heart!
Quote 0 0