had2505
Here's a little back story to our family...

Back at the end of 2007/beginning of 2008, we lost our two pugs within 2 months of each other.  I came to this site which helped me tremendously get over my grief.  Everyone kept talking about "SIGNS".  I waited and waited and eventually after a few months I kept seeing two yellow butterflies fluttering around our backyard.  Now, we live in South Florida and it gets extremely hot and humid so we rarely see butterflies flying around because of the heat.  Periodically since our puggies passed, I have seen two yellow butterflies together flying around in our yard.  Everytime I see them, I smile. 

On Monday, we had to put our precious boxer girl, Vesta, to sleep after her courageous battle with lymphoma.  We are still devastated.  Before we put her to sleep, we spent days laying next to her on the floor and told her about the Rainbow Bridge and that we would be waiting and welcoming to any sign that she wanted to send us. 

Vesta was a beautiful brindle girl with gorgeous orange, brown and black in her coat. 

Getting back to the fact that we live in South Florida and rarely see butterflies, today I saw the most beautiful orange Monarch butterfly fluttering around our backyard and after a few seconds of watching it and telling Vesta "thank you" and that I know that it's her sending me a sign, the two yellow butterflies came along and all three of them fluttered around our backyard for a few minutes.  It looked as if they were playing with each other. 

My heart is so much lighter now and I actually smiled today.  I will continue to look for signs from our furbabies. 

Here's hoping that everyone whose hurting today because of the loss of their furbaby has a wonderful experience like I did.

((((HUGS)))))
Heather -  Mom to Max, Pepper and Vesta
Quote 0 0
DebbieD

How absolutely wonderful! Max and Pepper started with the first butterflies and now they have met your wonderful Vesta and continue to show you they are happy and playing together!

Quote 0 0
nicokudo
What a beautiful, unmistakeable sign.  I'm so happy for you. 

Karen

Karen,Kudo and Nico's mom
Earth mom to Marco and Bella
Quote 0 0
tikibarb
It is amazing!  I am so happy for you.  Butterflies are so beautiful and calming to watch.  I saw butterflies too and thought it was very strange but read of others who have seen them.  We are so lucky to know that our babies have each other and are OK.
Barbara Lyngarkos
My Beloved Ted 8/7/2005 - 7/7/10
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/TED001/Resident.htm
Quote 0 0
judylinn

its so wonderful you have had a sign.  My little girl yellow lab maddie, left me 2 days ago, and the pain is horrendous. I pray for a sign, but nothing yet.  You are lucky, that would be very comforting.  Judy

Quote 0 0
had2505
Judylinn,

Just open yourself up to anything.  As long as you are accepting of them, they will come.  I share with you in your sadness over the loss of maddie. 

((((HUGS))))
Heather  -  Mom of Max, Pepper and Vesta
Quote 0 0
donnalee
That is so great that you had the awareness to talk to Vesta about what to expect & asking her to send you a sign before she actually passed to the Rainbow Bridge.  I think they understand so much of what we say.   What a wonderful sign you received and how comforting to know they are all together.

Judylinn, as the others have said, stay open.  I have to add that it was about 10 weeks before I received a sign.  It's hard to be patient but I'm sure you will receive a sign too.  It seems they want to  let us know they are doing just fine. 
To both of you, I'm very sorry for your loss. 
Quote 0 0
Susie_Squillions
Oh, Heather ~

What a wonderful sign!  I'm so glad you shared it here.  It will give so much hope and encouragement to everyone who is missing their best friend(s). 

"How do you know if an angel has crossed your path? Sometimes you don't, because angels often appear as coincidences. That is, they seem like chance events, but they are really part of God's carefully orchestrated plan for your life."  Gary Kinnaman, "Angels Dark and Light"

My heart is battered and bruised, but I will not let it break. It holds such precious cargo, I must protect it now. (Susie Squillions)

"Memories of loved ones are like songs in our soul." Margaret Wakeley

T.J.'S RESIDENCY:
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/TJ006/Resident.htm

BUDDY GUY AYRES~LYNCH'S RESIDENCY:
http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/Buddy128/resident.HTM

KING BING THE GOD CAT'S RESIDENCY:
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/BINGO009/Resident.htm

In one of the stars, I shall be living.
In one of them, I shall be laughing.
And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing when you look at the sky at night.
~ The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Quote 0 0
wolfshadoww
That is a wonderful sign! And I agree, unmistakable.

R.I.P. Spider 7-16-10

You were very loved and will always, always be missed.
Quote 0 0