Becky1990
It has been 14 days that the vet called and said it would be the humane thing to do. The bloodwork revealed kidney failure and thyroid was off the charts.
We were playing that morning, he ate, he layed by me.
This is the 1st cat that I didn't make the decision. I know he was 19 years old and slowing down. I know it was the right thing to do, but I didn't have time to process it. They were getting ready to close but was waiting on me.
I am so sorry for everyone's loss here. I am grateful for this site and my new friends.
Quote 0 0
Mysweetsimba
Hi Becky. 6weeks 3am this morning for me.
I'm freaking out a little, Bardo will be finished end of next weekend. Which means it will be time to move Simbas things.
I dunno how I am going to do this.
I'm angry that I am hurting. It's not fair we are going through this pain.
Im also greatful to this site, and all the people here.
Quote 0 0
BorderCollieLover
Becky1990:

So sorry about your recent loss. I know your pain. I am there right now. Very glad that you are in this Forum. Keep posting and letting us know how you are. You are not alone.

Jim
Jim Miller
Quote 0 0
Becky1990
Thank you Jim and Simba owner. I am so sorry for your loss as well. This just plain sucks!!!
I recorded a video of him playing about a week before it happened and I am so glad I did. I have watched it several times and it gave me some comfort. About 3 months ago I recorded his meow when he demanded food. I listened to it this morning for the first time, and I broke down and cried. I had ro turn it off. In due time I know I will be able to listen to it
I have not moved anything yet. His companion for 18 years still mourns him and not sure if I should yet. It breaks my heart to see her look for him. I just give her much love as I can because she is not a cuddler.
Again, I am so sorry for your pain as well.
Hugs, Becky
Quote 0 0
Mysweetsimba
It makes you realise that photos and videos are so important right? Even though you not be ready for it, you are greatful as f to have them. Not now. It's ok. Later it will be amazing. Back it up, and have it ready. I had my phone stolen and there is stuff there that unfortunately won't get back. It's ok, Im lucky and have others. It's either a strange ol' life, or we have been doing things wrong. Right now I am at London Bridge, it's pretty and everyone is talking photos. I did too. Swans are going by. There is an obvious cycle to existing. But us on this forum and many out side of it, we are creamed by its nature. It's made me think alot. Your kitty omg, enjoyed your love. I have always thought pets have the best lives compared to us humans. We just love them.so.freaking much! We will find our way out this cave.
Quote 0 0
LindaT
I'm so sorry.. its so very hard  You are not alone.  We all understand , even though the world expects us to "get over it"

I am coming up on 3 months without my 20 year old furbaby and while the pain is still there and still intense, it isn't all the time anymore.  This post from Reddit really hits the nail on the head... all we can do is ride the waves

https://www.reddit.com/r/Assistance/comments/hax0t/my_friend_just_died_i_dont_know_what_to_do/c1u0rx2/
Zooni's Mama
Quote 0 0
BorderCollieLover
LindaT:

I read the link from Reddit.com that you furnished. Thank You very much. The author describes the intense pain that we're all feeling as scars. If the scars are deep, the love was deep. No doubt about it. My love for my Border Collie was deep and genuine. I loved her so much that I can't even articulate in words what her passing has meant to me. My world has been turned upside down and I have to endure. Once again, Thank You for sharing.

Jim
Jim Miller
Quote 0 0
Becky1990
Simba mom,
Thank you so much for sharing the photos! I bet London is beautiful. It's on my bucket list. My first cat was back in the very early 90's and he was a orange tabby. He was the sweetest thing. I grew up with dogs and my hubby wanted a cat so I gave in. I am so glad I did! I have had them ever since. Thabkbyou for your support and you are in my prayers. 💛
Quote 0 0
Becky1990
LindaT wrote:
I'm so sorry.. its so very hard  You are not alone.  We all understand , even though the world expects us to "get over it"

I am coming up on 3 months without my 20 year old furbaby and while the pain is still there and still intense, it isn't all the time anymore.  This post from Reddit really hits the nail on the head... all we can do is ride the waves

https://www.reddit.com/r/Assistance/comments/hax0t/my_friend_just_died_i_dont_know_what_to_do/c1u0rx2/
Quote 0 0
Becky1990
Linda,
Thank you and I am so sorry for your loss as well. Thank you also for sending that link. That is just what I needed!!!
20 years old wow! We were blessed to have them for so long. Thank you again and your in my prayers.💛
Quote 0 0