Grieving4Zack
One year ago we put our beagle, Zack, to sleep because he was in full kidney failure and could no longer eat or drink. Not a day has gone by without thinking of him, and crying because the pain of his absence was too much. I have some good days too where I can smile and laugh at the memories of him.

Today was a very hard day as it felt as though I was back at the vets office watching him suffer and eventually pass on. I broke down a few times today and feel broken once again...but too sad to cry anymore....almost like I have cried all the tears I will ever produce over the past year.

I know many of you still feel the raw pain years after saying goodbye to your furbaby, and I expect to always have this void in my heart. However, I do find occasionally posting here therapeutic as you all understand what I am feeling.

Zack, my boy, I will always love you and miss you terribly - I hope you are healthy and happy at the rainbow bridge.
Quote 0 0
Bellamum
Just letting you know that I am thinking of you and your beautiful boy, Zack, especially today, the anniversary of his journey to Rainbow Bridge.
Your Zack left for Rainbow Bridge, exactly 1 week before my gorgeous beagle, Bella.  I know how hard the 1 year milestone is as I am approaching it too and as I get closer and closer I can feel the emotion building up.  I keep telling myself that the 1 year anniversary is no different to every other day that I am without her, but I know that it will be harder and I will "relive" all the thoughts and feelings that I had on that day.
1 year later and our pain is still here.  Like you said, we will always have the void in our heart.  The hole they left can not be filled by anyone else.  That is Zack and Bella's space and it will remain empty until we are together again.  But, that is how it should be.  They were unique and deserve to always have "their place" in our heart where we honour them every single day.
I hope that my Bella has met your boy, Zack, and that they are running through the fields with their "beagle noses" down to the ground, sniffing every scent they come across and as they run, their beautiful velvet ears are blowing back on their heads.  Wonderful memories we have to warm our hearts for the rest of our lives.  We were so lucky!
Karen
(Bella, Charli and Buddy's very lucky mum)

My gorgeous girl, Bella  26/07/2004 - 03/04/2014
"You were once by our side, but you will be forever in our hearts. Until we meet again baby girl."
Quote 0 0
Grieving4Zack
I know in my heart that Zack and Bella have become friends and are roaming the grassy fields just as you described. Zack loved to explore.

I hope you will find comfort leading up to Bella's one year anniversary. Sending hugs your way, from one beagle mom to another.
Quote 0 0