GoneTooSoon
It's hard to believe that a whole year has gone by since I lost my best friend Hunter and I survived. I still think about him every day and still have feelings of guilt and longing. I was going to have a little memorial for him tonight by his burial site in my backyard, but the rain has caused me to postpone it.

Please recommend to some pet loss prayers and other readings because I want to make this occasion special. 

Hunter, you were my perfect boy. No one has ever been a better friend to me than you, and nothing has ever hurt me more than the day you were taken from me. I thought you'd live forever but I should have known better. I know you are free now, and I will join you again some day...
Quote 0 0
MyBella
I am so sorry the rain postponed your memorial for tonight, I hope tomorrow is a beautiful clear day for you.
Your Hunter is a handsome boy in the photo above and it is so heartwarming to see your love for him is as strong as ever, even after a year, which really isn't that long at all. I agree, nothing has ever hurt as much as the day our precious loved ones had to leave, it has been just over 4 months since Bella had to leave and I still hurt, I guess the love you shared with Hunter and mine with Bella only makes the pain that much more.

I will light a candle in Hunter's honor tonight and send peace and prayers for your heartache.

Sending positive healing thoughts your way.

Sincerely, Don & Vera
Quote 0 0
SonnysMomma
Sending hugs and prayers.  
Sonnys Momma Furever
Quote 0 0
GoneTooSoon
Thank you all for the kind words. We got rained out again today :(
Quote 0 0
Beesmom123
I am so sorry you had to postpone your memorial
but your Hunter knows the love that lives in your heart for him every day, always
he is a beautiful dog

Sending wishes of warmth and peace to you and your family
Diana
Bee- "Good night sweet prince & flights of angels see thee to thy rest"
Quote 0 0
SonnysMomma
Did you get to do the memorial yet?  
Sonnys Momma Furever
Quote 0 0
jonancy
My thoughts are with you at this one year mark. Hopefully, the rain stopped and you were able to do the memorial. Please let us know. I love Hunters picture, he looks adorable.

Take care,
Jonancy...Scooters Mama
Quote 0 0
patent123
our 1 yr anniversary is tomorrow...I can understand the range of emotions you must be feeling. Your Hunger is incredibly handsome and was lucky to have had such an amazing family. 
Quote 0 0
GoneTooSoon
Don & Vera, thank you for the special prayer and I have lit a candle for your Bella as well.

SonnysMomma, thank you and I did a small memorial but will do another (bigger) one once the weather improves.

Diana, thank you, and I hope so.

Jonancy, thank you, and I will do an "official" memorial before the end of the month.

patent123, thank you and my prayers are with you.

I don't get on this board as much as I'd like to but I will post more soon. This forum has helped me through some really tough times.

Quote 0 0